Rags @ Habs - Jan. 17/03

jl.roberts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sakiqc

ohhhh what a deke by Ribs.. almost scored there. Would have been a very beautiful goal

That was awesome. For all you who can't watch..

Ribeiro came down the left wing, and faked to wind up for the shot around the top of the circle. He then dragged the puck around the d-man, and went to the goal. He looked like he was going around the net, and then pulled off this crazy tuck move and nearly slid the puck behind a confused Dunham on his backhand..

And it's 2-2.

:nono:

1 point garantued... feels nice even if we lose... since it has sounded on cjad as we was the worse team tonight..

NO GO GET THE OT-GOAL!!!

new prediction... Rivet scores the gamewinner.

Originally posted by jeppa

A shot off the post doesn't count as a "shot" in the statistics.

Las, DL Yahoo Messenger so we can talk ;)

God damnit - don't you have ICQ? I have having five million instant messangers running. (ICQ and MSN are the other 4,999,999 ;).

I'll download it as soon as I'm finnished cooking (I'm, having köttbullar med kokt potatis, brunsås och lingon :D)

Habs PP with one minute to go in OT. Wouldn't it be a good idea to pull Theodore in situations like this? We're already guaranteed one point, and if the Rangers would score in open net, they would only be one point closer to us - we are still 7 pts ahead.

2-2 Final after OT...

Habs played their best hockey of the game in the overtime. We controlled the play , and got a PP to end the final 1:30 or something... Souray got off a couple of big shots from the point at the end of the game , but obviously didnt score...

Ahh well , considering how we played , I'm glad we got out of the game with a point... better the nothing , and nothing is what we deserved after this performance... hey at least Theodore's stats improve. lol ...

Habs PP with one minute to go in OT. Wouldn't it be a good idea to pull Theodore in situations like this? We're already guaranteed one point, and if the Rangers would score in open net, they would only be one point closer to us - we are still 7 pts ahead.

If you pull your goalie and get scored on in OT, then you don't get that point.

Plus we don't really want to give the Rangers a chance at a free point, i know they aren't that close to us now, but there's a lot of hockey left to be played so we could still end up battling with them for positioning.

As far as the game goes, we are definetely lucky to come out with one point, but with how we played in OT i was sure we were going to get the extra one. Oh well, i guess we stole a point tonight.

Yeah that 3-on-0 during our PP, and the rest of that PP... was just about as ugly as it gets.

Except for Theo making the save of course.

But in OT NYR got lucky... and whatever equipment call they made to the ref to get Souray off the ice probably cost us the win.

Could it be the strap that is always dangling from his helmet?.. I don't know.

Bouillon was great tonight, although once he really let himself get picked off and it could have cost us a goal.

On the 2 NYR goals... the first one Souray doesn't identify it as an odd-man rush and checks him man leaving a 2-on-1.

He tends to do that, be too agressive.. more like undisciplined on D.

The second goal, it was a combination of Souray not switching off his man with Quintal behind the net... and then Quintal reacted too slowly once he realized he & Souray were on the same man.

Both were avoidable goals.

Our goals.. Dagenais, what a shot he has. Almost scored from the blueline when he took a blind shot towards the net while turning around.

Ryder has a surprising wrist shot as well.

With those two plus Souray, that's 3 guys with hard shots we didn't have last year.

Ribeiro did well again...

And what the hell was Koivu thinking at the end?.. that cross-ice pass had no chance, with seconds left send it back to Souray or send it to the net.

Anyway... it doesn't matter now.