Rags @ Habs - Jan. 17/03

jl.roberts

teamSide.jpg

In Goal Tonight...Mike Dunham? vs. Jose Theodore.

Time: 7:00 ET

Date: Jan. 17/04

TV: RDS, SRC

Radio: CJAD 800, Post-game Team-990

Habs Photos

Player Stats

RDS.ca Lineup News

Preview

Probable Habs Lineup:

38 -- 11 -- 73

20 -- 71 -- 26

37 -- 90 -- 24

17 -- 94 -- 15

44 -- 05

51 -- 43

52 -- 08

Probable Scratches:

25 (healthy), 79 (hip/foot), 22 (shoulder), 46 (concussion).

Key Matchup:

0256.gifvs. 0180.gif]http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/0180.gif[/img][/url]

Watch out for those trees.

Players to Watch:

28753_2.jpg]http://www.canadiens.com/_static/webUpload...753_2.jpg[/img][/url]

<B>#71 Ribeiro</B> - Outscoring the likes of Guerin, Kovalev, and Fedorov.

28775_2.jpg

<B>#24 Dackell</B> - Making a return from a knee injury.

[Edited on 2004/1/17 by jl.roberts]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the Habs make it 4 in a row? Can we go 8 games over 500 and give ourselves a huge cushion going into the big 3 games of next week? (Phi/NJ/Tor) ... I sure hope so...

- Can Dagenais continue his point streak? (5 games and counting)

- Can Theodore continue his hot play?

- Can Ward finally score a goal?

- Ditto for Brisebois

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

:ghg:

As long as Brisebois plays smart I don't mind if he doesn't score.

But I think that a goal could mean a lot to his confidence.

Ward needs to calm down a bit. How many breakaways has he had?

And how's Theo doing? Shouldn't Garon play? Why risk something?

I hope I think that Canadiens will be victorius tonight. The prediction is 3-4 Habs.

Montreal goals by: Ryder 2, Sundström, Ribeiro.

Predicting a loss...:nono: ;)

Prediction

Habs 5 Rags 2

Theo stops a crapload of shots.

Zednik (2) 16, 17

Ward (1) 2

Koivu (1) 8

Bouillon (1) 1

Ward and Zednik's second come on the PK and PP. Four points for Koivu. :o

Useless Predictions

Yanic Perreault's face when asked where he'd been all game : :monkey:

Bob Gainey to Glen Sather after the game : :-^

I guess I am not the only one with a bad feeling about tonights game , JL shares that feeling...

Everytime we play the Rangers they play a physical brand of hockey , and we usually cant compete with it ... Sometimes they beat us , sometimes they dont... But we usually end up suffering some injuries...

Please no injuries tonight!.... for the habs

1-0 Habs...

Dagenais scores his 10th , now has a 6 game point streak (the least noticed point streak in the history of mankind) ... Assisted by Ribeiro , Ribeiro is on fire!

Habs not playing too well though , defense looked confused , especially Komisarek , made a bad giveaway on an attempted skate-out...

Habs had one PP , didnt do much on it.

1st is over...

Score : 1-0 Habs

Shots : 9-5 Rangers

Very poorly played period by the habs. Lucky to come out of it with the lead... I hope we play a stronger 2nd , and 3rd....

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

:ghg:

Two shots off the post for the Rangers in the first - we should be lucky heading into the second period with a one goal lead .

Btw - are shots off the post inckuded in the shot stats? I'm a bit confused about this one...

[Edited on 2004/1/18 by DJ_Laszlo]

Careless giveaway at the end of the period almost cost us. Koivu won't make that mistake again, he's got to be kicking himself right now. Nedved just hit the post to give the Habs the 1 goal lead.

We did come out pretty flat, i don't know what happened on that one rush by the Rangers but it was ugly. Very fortunate to have the lead.

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

Two shots off the post for the Rangers in the first - we should be lucky with a one goal lead heading into second.

Btw - are shots off the post inckuded in the shot stats? I'm a bit confused about this one...

Nope, shots that hit the post aren't considered on net. Souray hit the post as well in the first on the PP.

Originally posted by Quebecois

Careless giveaway at the end of the period almost cost us. Koivu won't make that mistake again, he's got to be kicking himself right now. Nedved just hit the post to give the Habs the 1 goal lead.

We did come out pretty flat, i don't know what happened on that one rush by the Rangers but it was ugly. Very fortunate to have the lead.

Hopefully that giveaway will motivate Koivu to make up for it with remaining 40 minutes...

The thing I like about the habs is that we rarely play 2 bad periods in a row ... So we might do okay in the 2nd... hopefully.

Ryder had a great chance on a nice feed from Koivu early in the second...

It seems both teams have a Casper, ours being the ghost wearing #94 and theirs being that dirty defenceman Darius...

Pierre Dagenais...You can't hit, you can't skate, and you can hardly even move, but god damn you can shoot the puck. Kind of giving a whole new meaning to the whole 'He shoots, he scores' saying. Welcome to the Habs...

Ward's playing well, as is Bouillon. As much as I'd like to see Hainsey in the lineup, I'm beginning to think I wouldn't mind both of them...

Zednik is playing well with Ribeiro, but we don't see the real Zednik until he's playing with Saku...Unless, is there another Slovak somewhere in our organization (hmmm...;))?

Well I was wrong , we can play two BAD periods in a row...

Okay , what I meant to say is that... The habs never play MORE then 2 bad periods in a game :-^

Geez , we're playing like crap. The Rangers had a 3 on 0 on the penalty kill! Theodore saved the day but ... geez... How the hell do you allow a 3 on 0 while your on a power-play? Its like we're trying to get them a goal...