Huet Pads

Shu

Link to Old pad look

or

Link to new pads (all the way at bottom of page

I know this isnt a Goalie site, but i was wondering what pads do you like better. I mean obvoisly ur gonna like Huets new pads (cause they make him better) (Maybe <_< ) But the color and the design.

The first picture is funny cause its all montreal players :P

Yeah, that is true, white pads make you seem bigger in your net and also it acts as iff nothing is there when a player looks up for a millisecond to shoot, But Black or brightly colored pads (Red in Huets old pads case)

Makes you shoot at the goalie, for some reason. At least that what i heard at goalie camp this summer.

White- look bigger, or shot where u think is opening

Black (brighly colored pads) - Shoot at you ( closer to you)

Sometimes Change is good, plus its good that he got the New RBK P2 pads, most gaolies in the NHL are whereing them now, The P2 Rbk are a great pad that i think will only make Huet and ABBY better, i dont think Yann Danis got them he still has the RBK Preimere gear. Its funny how all montreal goalies ( first 3)

where RBK's :D

I know this isnt a Goalie site, but i was wondering what pads do you like better.

The red RBKs, without a doubt. They're awesome!

Maybe I like them better because I'm wearing them? ;)

Yeah, that is true, white pads make you seem bigger in your net and also it acts as iff nothing is there when a player looks up for a millisecond to shoot, But Black or brightly colored pads (Red in Huets old pads case)

Makes you shoot at the goalie, for some reason. At least that what i heard at goalie camp this summer.

White- look bigger, or shot where u think is opening

Black (brighly colored pads) - Shoot at you ( closer to you)

The colors dont make THAT much a difference, goalies play the odds most of the time anyways and shooters dont have much time to look where they shoot so they dont really register the goalies' pad. When they've got that kind of time, the goalie's already in danger. BUT goalies are superstitious crazy breed and they like to put all the chances on their side.

The one thing that does matter is the fabric. If its too porous it can soak too much water from the ice and become heavier as the game goes on.

I loved the red pads from the minute I saw them... these new white ones look too much like Theos last year and thats not a good thing to me. :o

:hlogo:

It makes a huge difference, when the Shooter looks up it takes for their eye to register where they will shoot, your eyes are naturaully attracted to bright dark colors. so when the shooter is taking the shot they look up and the the eye is attracted to the dark/bright color and they just might shoot just an 5 centimeters closer to you..... But thats what makes the difference. And the white pad does make you look larger because of the ice color. It really does, i went to John Elkins goalie camp last year in Toronto and they had a Vaughn sales rep come in and show us the Velo's 2, then he told all the differences the color of the pad makes, The intructors told us aswell.

Edited by Shu

but some analysts said that huet may not be totally comfortable with his new equipment, which could explain why his performances during the pre-season games were not outstanding~ i dunt care about the design or color, as long as he feels comfortable and if the color can help... let's change it :)

It makes a huge difference, when the Shooter looks up it takes for their eye to register where they will shoot, your eyes are naturaully attracted to bright dark colors. so when the shooter is taking the shot they look up and the the eye is attracted to the dark/bright color and they just might shoot just an 5 centimeters closer to you..... But thats what makes the difference. And the white pad does make you look larger because of the ice color. It really does, i went to John Elkins goalie camp last year in Toronto and they had a Vaughn sales rep come in and show us the Velo's 2, then he told all the differences the color of the pad makes, The intructors told us aswell.

Yes that's all true, and but like I said goalies already tend to play the odds (like, 90% of shots are not higher than 1 foot off the ice) so for the few remaining shots where the shooter does have time to look up and aim in a general area the color effects has minimal impact.

I'd like to see someone come up with "chameleon" pads... Pads that look just like the back of the net/board, complete with parts of sponsor ads. I wonder if it'd have any impact.

Hmm... like Pads with Plasma screens on them and a camera on the back of the calf to show whats on the other side.

let's sign the predator!

Oh Hellz Yeah!!

Hed be HUGE in net or just have him skate around in active camo checking the hell outta everybody.

Ovbiously his pads coloring choice was based on streching their effectiveness to give him a little extra additionnal edge in the business of stopping pucks,.....esthetically the red looks better but the white will look better when games are played away and the CH wear their white predominant jerseys.

Even in nature effectiveness isn't always pretty looking,.....the repulsive looking cadavres eating animal

like vultures or hyenas comes to mind......maybe huet's white pads are designed to

counter the dirty looking '' garbage goals '' more effectivelly.

'' Ce qui s' assemble se ressemble '' . French proverb.

Case in point, take a look at my pads... Red really makes a HUGE difference (never thought I'd say this, but damn I miss playing the Nordiques :blink: )

Tourn01.JPG

DSCF0013_2.JPG

Edited by riker

'' Ce qui s' assemble se ressemble '' . French proverb.

heuuuu.... should it be *Ceux qui se ressemblent, s'assemblent* ? ;)

*out of subject*** haha

heuuuu.... should it be *Ceux qui se ressemblent, s'assemblent* ? ;)

*out of subject*** haha

I incidentally twisted the French proverd....but isn't this version more significant and

emcompassing ? Obviously the French proverb didn't reach deep enought and needed

a little boost......done. haha