Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Buffalo | 10/06/06

Spider-Man NL

WOW I'M PISSED!

YES it's a team game but when parts of that team let everyone down (again) how can you NOT blame those players and their actions?

Especially the last 2 goals.....

I'm done bitching about Souray, DUMP HIM! And this is the last time I'm going to comlpain about him and his piss poor play.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total collapse. If brings back a lot of bad memories. Am I glad they got a point in Buffalo...sure. I am I happy they blew a 2 goal lead half way through the 3rd. Hell NO!

I hope the guys aren't tired for tommorow because if we play with that kind of speed tommorow we'll be all over the Leafs.

But seriously....Sourray and Rivet....OUCH

Dandenault is becoming one of my favourite D's on our team, his speed in incredible and he never loses a race, but Rivet was awful and Sourray as well especially against a team like the Sabres with speed.

why RYDER in the shootout?? he's good at scoring but not on one-on-one tho...

i would prefer higgins...

ok~ at least we got a point right? we'll win tomorrow against those leafs~

nite guys!!! :) dunt think too much about the game result! we have to be in a good shape tomorrow evening to support the habs and swear on the leafs :P

WOW I'M PISSED!

YES it's a team game but when parts of that team let everyone down (again) how can you NOT blame those players and their actions?

Especially the last 2 goals.....

I'm done bitching about Souray, DUMP HIM! And this is the last time I'm going to comlpain about him and his piss poor play.

Souray played a big part in Ryder's goal.

Just like I said at the top of the thread. Career year for Koivu. Hope for a good season. Yet, the city of Buffalo on a Friday night never has been good for the Habs.

Bring on the Leafs. Latendresse's night!!! Koivu continues his assault, and we get our first win!!!!!! Abby shuts the door tomorro night.

Go Habs Go!!!!

TSN is right, that shootout really exposed Huets weakness, I hope not to many people were watching that. I think Abby probs gonna play tommorow, I might have put Samsonov in the shootout

Edited by Shu

Just like I said at the top of the thread. Career year for Koivu. Hope for a good season. Yet, the city of Buffalo on a Friday night never has been good for the Habs.

Bring on the Leafs. Latendresse's night!!! Koivu continues his assault, and we get our first win!!!!!! Abby shuts the door tomorro night.

Go Habs Go!!!!

Abbie's playing? I hope he puts up a fight for the starters job because Huet sure as hell did. I'm not disappointed at all. Both teams deserved a win - but I suppose the hockey Gods saw we play the lowly Leafs tomorrow and figured we could spare a point.

Well, Pleks was a big 29 percent on the draws tonight, both leading to goals. He need to be better then that. The second line was brutal tonight, minus 7 between them.

The defense didn't look very good, but I am not sure we should be surprised. We have a very average defense (markov aside) and they were playing probably the fastest team in the league. Look on the bright side, we didn't pick up Hal Gil.... :)

Am I the only one who is extremely pissed that Briere scored a goal when he should have been in the box? ######!! What the hell was wrong with the refs?! First time I've ever seen a player argue his way out of a call. ######!! "What's that Mr. Briere, sir? You don't want a penalty? Oh I'm very sorry sir, we'll fix that right away" :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Ya and Buffalo's last 2 goals.................

Not saying he was MVP of the game... but he wasn't all bad. If you're going to pick out 1 guy then it should be Rivet. But Rivet was working hard, atleast. A problem I had with him was that he missed a lot of body checks. And of course, he's just too slow-footed for the Buffalo forwards.

Sure we need to score goals and its great that Souray helped make the play to allow Ryder to score a goal, but defense wins games any night and every night against any team. Souray needs to up his game and play smart! no more mistakes. He's got too many errors on my score sheet.

Trust me Carbo will be giving him a huge timeout!

And no! we don't want RIBS back!

Edited by Chips

wut was the call on Briere? The only reason he scored that goal was because he was so f@#$&%g pissed at the refs

TRUST IN BOB

Edited by Shu

This is what happens when you don't seal the deal.

Ryder on the shootout, I disagree...I was extremely angered by this seeing as we all already know from last year that Ryder can't score on the shootout lol

I was also furious that Samsonov wasnt on there, he played a great game! Souray played pretty good too except that play on Briere at the end when he scored.

Kovalev played terrible in my opinion. Is it just me or does the guy not skate for his team? Come on Kovy, PICK IT UP.

Sammy played outstanding, so did Higgins. They were probably our best players on teh ice tonight, koivu also.

What a surprise!! The rookie coach gets outcoached by the wiley Ruff. Oh and Julien walks into Carolina and shuts them out 4-0!!! HMMM!

<_<

Haven't heard a bring-back-Julien argument in a while... hey, atleast you're original.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bob was an idiot for trading him.

B)

What a surprise!! The rookie coach gets outcoached by the wiley Ruff. Oh and Julien walks into Carolina and shuts them out 4-0!!! HMMM!

HMMMMMMMMM! u idiot (Mod:tsk tsk no name-calling), i would rather have Carbonneau then Julien!!!!!!!!!!! Plus its the first game of the season, stop making accusations on BOB when its the first game

This is what happens when you don't seal the deal.

Ryder on the shootout, I disagree...I was extremely angered by this seeing as we all already know from last year that Ryder can't score on the shootout lol

I was also furious that Samsonov wasnt on there, he played a great game! Souray played pretty good too except that play on Briere at the end when he scored.

Kovalev played terrible in my opinion. Is it just me or does the guy not skate for his team? Come on Kovy, PICK IT UP.

Sammy played outstanding, so did Higgins. They were probably our best players on teh ice tonight, koivu also.

Agree with this. Kovalev looked slow tonight. The second line didn't really click.

I hate seeing Ryder on the shootout. I want to see Plekanec. He's got an amazing shot and can dangle as well. Samsonov is fast and a quick stickhandler but I'm not sure how well he shoots - his specialty is passing. Samsonov actually kind of reminds me of Peter Forsberg the way he circles the opponent's zone with the puck.

Am I the only one who is extremely pissed that Briere scored a goal when he should have been in the box? ######!! What the hell was wrong with the refs?! First time I've ever seen a player argue his way out of a call. ######!! "What's that Mr. Briere, sir? You don't want a penalty? Oh I'm very sorry sir, we'll fix that right away" :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

I think RDS blew up on their comments. It probably had nothing to do with Briere "spearing" Bonk. They were probably arguing about the time of the Sabres penality.. I don't know but that was something.. Briere put the ref down after the faceoff then scored on a breakaway.. that was SICK