Columbus A Force?

markierung

I'm thinking Columbus has a decent shot to make the playoffs this year.

Offensively, they're a force.

They've got Nash and Zherdev on the First line with Modin, Carter and Svitiv on the Second with Brule possibly winning the Calder.

If Leclaire keeps playing well and the defence plays decently enough (with Foote, Berard and maybe Hainsey, this shouldn't be too hard) they should be competing for that 8th spot. Especially if Fedorov wakes up.

As for Brule, I think he can give up the Calder hopes. He put a lot of pressure on himself in camp with the expectation that he'd be getting tons of minutes this season. His camp was very average, and he landed on the 4th line. Only played 2 minutes last game, and a healthy scratch tonight. A possible injury to Fritsche may give the 4th line center job back to Gilbert, however. Still, there's no real room for him on the PP, especially when Feds returns.

As for Brule, I think he can give up the Calder hopes. He put a lot of pressure on himself in camp with the expectation that he'd be getting tons of minutes this season. His camp was very average, and he landed on the 4th line. Only played 2 minutes last game, and a healthy scratch tonight. A possible injury to Fritsche may give the 4th line center job back to Gilbert, however. Still, there's no real room for him on the PP, especially when Feds returns.

who are the centers in columbus.

If nash and zherdev can stay healthy, I can see columbus fighting for a playoff birth.

Don't forget about Carter, he could have another career yea playing on that PP and with Modin

of course but they're more of a supporting cast for the two studs

who are the centers in columbus.

Right now, Hartigan is centering Nash and Vyborny and Svitov is centering Modin and Zherdev. Manny Malhotra centers the 3rd line with Chimera and Carter on his wings. When Fedorov gets back, he takes over Hartigan's spot.

Don't forget about Carter, he could have another career yea playing on that PP and with Modin

But the Carter and Modin unit is 2nd in the pecking order on the Jackets PP.

i can see them getting bugger all. they will wain out towards the end of the season the playoffs will be the usual suspects.

Just like last year, when they had the 8th most wins in the NHL in the 2nd half? <_<

well it obviously wasnt god enough was it? either way mate they aint making the play offs. neither are atlanta. i hate to say it but i think the leafs might sneak in this season.

well it obviously wasnt god enough was it? either way mate they aint making the play offs. neither are atlanta. i hate to say it but i think the leafs might sneak in this season.

True, but do you know why it wasn't enough? Because Rick Nash, one of the league's elite players, missed the first half of the season due to injury. A lot of teams would suck without a guy like Rick Nash in their lineup. A guy like Koivu doesn't even compare to Nash, and we all know how important Saku is to the Habs.

Will Columbus make the playoffs? Who knows. But you are kidding yourself if you don't think they have a shot.

True, but do you know why it wasn't enough? Because Rick Nash, one of the league's elite players, missed the first half of the season due to injury. A lot of teams would suck without a guy like Rick Nash in their lineup. A guy like Koivu doesn't even compare to Nash, and we all know how important Saku is to the Habs.

Will Columbus make the playoffs? Who knows. But you are kidding yourself if you don't think they have a shot.

i suppose its a fair statement- to be honest anyone in the NHL can beat anyone on their day! it has become more competitive under the new salary cap.

Even the Habs! :blink::o^_^

montreal is already qualified and will win the cup, everybody knows that.

it's more of a matter of finding who ELSe will be in the playoffs :P

Who are you kidding? They missed the playoffs by what, one or two points last season? And this year they'll actually have Lehtonen for the entire year, as well as having a capable backup. I'll be shocked if they DON'T make the playoffs.

*starts making a "Lehtonen is God" poster* :king:

montreal is already qualified and will win the cup, everybody knows that.

it's more of a matter of finding who ELSe will be in the playoffs :P

i agree with you. the rest just make up the numbers.

Columbus might make it - they have a good team.

They better hope that Fedorov plays well though, having Mark Hartigan centering your top line isn't a good sign at all.

itd be like using jaromir jagr as your goaltender.

Long term, sure, you don't want Mark Hartigan as your top center. But he's good enough to hold his own until Fedorov is back. He was one of their best performers in their first game, grabbing a goal and an assist. He's pretty good from the point on the power play. When you play with Rick Nash and David Vyborny, it's hard to bring them down. Instead, they bring Hartigan up and he puts up solid numbers.

Long term, sure, you don't want Mark Hartigan as your top center. But he's good enough to hold his own until Fedorov is back. He was one of their best performers in their first game, grabbing a goal and an assist. He's pretty good from the point on the power play. When you play with Rick Nash and David Vyborny, it's hard to bring them down. Instead, they bring Hartigan up and he puts up solid numbers.

ill take your word for it- so you a cloumbus fan? or they your 'second team'?