Latendresse's 84: 1st Player In Nhl History

MAK

sorry only in french

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20061009...3/1002/CPSPORTS

WOW !!

other news:

-koivu had trouble seeing the puck at times. should get new lenses and hopes to be able to wait the ende of the season for surgery.

-forsberg refused to participate in the shootout because he didn't have the right stick. WTF ??!!

-mike rathje and lars jonsson to miss game against habs because of herniated disk and broken ankle.

VOILÀ.

first player to have the number 84?

edit: shouldn't read french when i'm tired... 84 was the last number available not being used

Edited by lazy26

This should clear some things:

Latendresse best - and only - No. 84: Guillaume Latendresse made a bit of history when he wore No. 84 in his NHL debut last Friday. He's not only the first player to wear the number but, according to R.J. Pratt of the Society for International Hockey Research, 84 was the last unused number in the NHL. At least one NHL player has worn every other number from 1 to the now-retired 99.

i dont understand french. :o

thats why I tried to translate the news in english.

here's my best british translation:

latendresse is the first mate to use the number 84 in the nhl

forsberg the lymey didn't wan't to shoot in the shootouts because he didn't have his bloody favourite sticks.

Can't Koivu just get the surgery and use a full visor?

If he had the surgery now, he'd be done for most of the season. His doctors said it's not going to get any worse, so he decided to try and play now and have the surgery done in the off-season. Let's just hope it well into June before he has time.

Interesting....

BTW, the Flyers are interested in signing Brian Leetch to replace the injured Rathje.

Another player that will not help them. Too bad Bobby can't ice as squad as well as he can piss other GM's off. He might have a playoff calibre team. Try signing a defensman that isn't either slow, or decrepid

First to use 84? Interesting, I guess there really isn't too many guys born in 1984 in the NHL yet, so it's not surprising. The 70's and 80's are also really rare numbers in the NHL anyway.

80's never used?

To me 81 cool number

80 cool number

84 cool number

88 cool number

89 cool number

85 cool number

Well I like 80 numbers because I was a TE in high school and if I had a number in the 80's I could catch the ball. 70's couldn't do squat.

I liked wearing the 50's numbers, cause when TE's, and WR's came over the middle you could crush them with nice open field hits.

Marcel Hossa wore 81 with Montreal, is he currently wearing it with NY?

88 was Eric Lindros.

Choo Choo Mogilny wore 89.

Edited by kaos

LOL yeah I would have squashed you like a bug with my 6'8 250lb frame. lol. But because I wasn't the quickest guy on the team I was mainly put on defense. Sacked the qb once. Looked into his eyes before I squashed him and it looked like his life was flashing before his eyes.

I guess being 6'8'' and 250lb, you probably weren't any good if you only sacked the QB once.... I don't remember too many guys that big in the several OFSAA bowls I went to.

wahh~ really???? but i dunt think that tender even know it when he picked up the number hehe :)

he was wearing #22 with drummondville's voltigeurs (junior team)... since bégin has it... he had no choice to choose another one :P

80's never used?

To me 81 cool number

80 cool number

84 cool number

88 cool number

89 cool number

85 cool number

Well I like 80 numbers because I was a TE in high school and if I had a number in the 80's I could catch the ball. 70's couldn't do squat.

What kind of drugs are you taking....they must be good. Where do i find some :lol:

First to use 84? Interesting, I guess there really isn't too many guys born in 1984 in the NHL yet, so it's not surprising. The 70's and 80's are also really rare numbers in the NHL anyway.

1984 = 22 years old. Tons of 22 yo NHLer's. Latendresse was born in 87.