All Star Game Reserves

jl.roberts

Yup... like we expected... Theodore and Souray going , no Ribeiro.... 2 players is still cool though...

Suspecious All-Star selections... Boynton , Primeau... Roberts? wtf?

And how wasnt Gonchar selected?

What a ######ing joke.

Quinn and Hitchcock have turned this (already joke game) into a bigger joke by picking their own favourite players... How else can you explain the picking of Roberts and Primeau?

[Edited on 2004-1-23 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Habby1197

Gonchar, Savard and McCabe should be there no doubt.  

Ribeiro could be there as well, but since the Habs have two going already, I can see them leaving him off. But Primeau? He's on pace for 30 points this year... We might as well could have sent Joe Juneau... That's really sad.

That is sad....

Souray as a d-man has more then double the points of Primeau. Why not take Marc Savard? the guy has one of the best point per game averages in the NHL ... I hate his guts since his cheapshot , but he is still more deserving then Primeau (who I also hate) ... And why Messier? The guy only has 25 points... Ribeiro has 40...

Big ######ing deal , he's a geriatric who can play hockey... Who wants to watch him in an All-Star game?

If Primeau and Messier have any brains then they'll decline these invites...

Gonchar, Savard and McCabe should be there no doubt.

Ribeiro could be there as well, but since the Habs have two going already, I can see them leaving him off. But Primeau? He's on pace for 30 points this year... We might as well could have sent Joe Juneau... That's really sad.

Sorry about the language but...

Keith ######ing Primeau? WHAT!?!?!

He has 15 points this year. Damn, even Roberts only has 30. It's insane, Koivu could've even been named over these guys.

Oh well, hopefully Savard, Ribeiro, and Gonchar all get another chance, maybe with injuries something will come up...

Shit...Primeau...:lol: :eyes:

Here are the western reserves...

F:

Shane Doan

Pavel Datsyuk

Markus Naslund

Jarome Iginla

Patrick Marleau

Rick Nash

Keith Tkachuk

Joe Sakic

Alex Tanguay

D:

Kimmo Timonen

Chris Pronger

Mattias Norstrom

Filip Kuba

G:

Dwayne Roloson

Tomas Vokoun

Looks like they also ######ed up the West... Well at least 2 of the picks , Norstrom and Kuba... these guys do not have All-Star worthy stats , and honestly thats all the All-Star game is about , points! ... I love Norstrom , he's a hard-rock defensive d-man ... But an All-Star game is no place for him. And picking Kuba is Minnesota-hosting homerism ... Why not Jovo or Ohlund? Plus Forsberg isnt even on this team... The best player in the NHL isnt an All-Star ... lol

They should put Messier, Roberts and Primeau on the one line and watch them get embarrased... Our own line of Sundstrom, Juneau, and Dackell/Ward could have been put there instead of those guys.

I didn't think Ribs really deserved a spot on the team, but after seeing some of the guys that are there, Ribeiro should be the team Captain (i'll bet The geezer Messier will captain the team).

Anyway, hopefully Souray blows a 110mph slapper through the net in Hardest shot comp.

:ghg:

Primeau and Boynton picks are bogus. Stevens was too, but he could be out, which is good, give someone else a chance.

Messier I disagree with, but it's not like he's out of his depth. He's tied for 4th in GWG, he has SHP, PPP, and plays on the most inconsistent and underachieving team in history. Oh, and (hopefully) this might be his last season. Although 2nd in that category is our very own Ricardo Zednika. Otherwise known as Big-Foot.

I haven't really been into the All-Star game as much in previous seasons as I have this year - however, I am dissapointed with the rest of you with the terrible picks. We need to do our best to injure Primeau (missed that chance), Brodeur (just so Jose get's No.1 goalie), Roberts, and Boynton.

:ghg: and Langdon too