Help me chose which to frame!

huzer

14 members have voted

1. 1. What picture should I frame?

• Color
    • Black and White
    • Screw it, do both!

Thanks guys, I might just do both. The color definitely looks better on a computer screen as a picture, but I think the black and white will print/process/frame really well. I didn't even have a tripod, or that great of a camera...it's a 3 year old Sony Cybershot. I just played with settings, placed the camera on a railing and snapped away. I'm going to try and start getting more skyline pictures when I visit places.

Yeah thats a good idea to just getm both.

Im really into Photgraphy as well although i have a camera from the 80's, The pics come out nice but have random dots a stripes on them. :(

u could do some picture editing and adjust the colors if u want another feeling... but i do prefer the color one

Edited by bebehabs

Great picture!! Very nice city landscape and good quality for a night picture! You had a tripod? I like the picture (aside the fact that it's Boston.. ugh lol)

Thanks! And...Nope, no tripod. To center the skyline, I put a credit card under the front of my camera to angle it up ever so slightly. Haha. How's that for technique? I was impressed they turned out, I just messed with exposure time (varied from 5 to 8 seconds).

And yup, bebehabs....I plan on messing around with them with Photoshop before I take them in. I've got about 19 different pictures I can mess with. :)

Colour, it's soothing.

I always liked B/W though, but these kinds of things need that orange glow :D.

too bad the moon wasn't in your B/w picture it wouldve been awesome.

Edited by marky_and_komi

Both look great, but for better effect maybe crop the bottom just a little (about 10-20% of the height) so the horizon line dont cut the pic in half.

And I think, since this is a night shot and there's already lot of dark, the color one might be the best.

Both look great, but for better effect maybe crop the bottom just a little (about 10-20% of the height) so the horizon line dont cut the pic in half.

And I think, since this is a night shot and there's already lot of dark, the color one might be the best.

Yup, cropping the photo was already in the plans! I think I'll do the color one as a larger print, and do a smaller/even more cropped height print for the black and white.

Living room: colour. Anywhere that you want to inject life and have a talking piece.

Hallway or den/bar: b/w. A little more moody or artistic.

Of course, if you want your living room as a piece of art, then that would be brilliant behind a white matte with a dark brown stained wood frame, or even better, a black frame of some sort. ;)