The Bell Centre is ridiculous...

fromage

Bonk receives a breakaway pass from Johnson. As he is breaking in ALL ALONE, the Bell Centre BOOS him because he is rather slow and the Calgary defender almost catches up.

He still scores but...

Why boo someone when he's on a breakaway, regardless how slow he is...

http://echo.sh3lls.net/~fromage/1.wmv

Edited by fromage

well first of all, i think *the bell center* is *ridiculous* is not proper if u talk about the fans or people there who boo-ed

Edited by bebehabs

well first of all, i think *the bell center* is *ridiculous* is not proper if u talk about the fans or people there who boo-ed

The people who boo-ed make up the people a significant portion of the attendance at games. Either that, or they're the loudest. So I just call it the Bell Centre for short.

Edited by fromage

to fromage: were you at the game ??

I was there and I never notice the booing. I fact I remember more the cheering. as for that vid you gave as a link, I've heard louder booing. in fact I don't hear anything that looks like booing.

I was there and I never notice the booing. I fact I remember more the cheering. as for that vid you gave as a link, I've heard louder booing. in fact I don't hear anything that looks like booing.

When he gets near the top of the slot, you can kinda hear it. Sounds more like they're saying "Boooooonk" though.

maybe their yelling shoooooooooooooot, iremember last night at the toronto game ( i was there) before sheldon souray scored everybody was yelling shoot, but it sounded like boo, then the crowd went crazy

Dont forget that booing in french is like saying '' shoooooooo '' which of course sounds like '' shooooooooot '' that is also used to compel a player to shoot from the francophones.

This argument is kind of un-necessary and the other options offered are stretches.

As to people booing Bonk or anybody else at the Bell Center, I'm not at all surprised. Some Canadiens fans are very (how to say it politely...?) rude. I suppose that this kind of person is at all sports events but it seems that these boo-birds are louder than any others that I may have heard (on TV anyway...).

It's sad. :(

Go :hlogo: Go!

If they were being Bonk it would be because of his 6 goals last year and his contract, not because he was skating slow on that particular breakaway.

If they were being Bonk it would be because of his 6 goals last year and his contract, not because he was skating slow on that particular breakaway.

being Bonk... a bunch of split personalities.... :P:P:P

I was there as well no one I heard was booing.

I also was yelling "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT BOOOOOOOOOOOOONK"

I was there as well no one I heard was booing.

I also was yelling "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT BOOOOOOOOOOOOONK"

Well, I hope you're right. :rolleyes:

Dont forget that booing in french is like saying '' shoooooooo '' which of course sounds like '' shooooooooot '' that is also used to compel a player to shoot from the francophones.

There's a French word for boo?

There's a French word for boo?

I gather there is one and it's choux, meaning cabbage and sounding like shoo in english.

I would speculate that the '' not so nice people at time '' of France invented boing as we know it today and the lowly grade almost difformed un-edible vegetable was the term used when people where shouting the performers away from the scene....or the King himself....probably throwing whole cabbages at the stiff is the way it all started.

So back to Bonk......he is on a brakeway with a player about to reach him......of course people are screaming

shooooot......they know it will be all in vain in the next second if he doesn't.