Nonis' future looking good!

CoRvInA

Defense should look like this:

Ohlund-Bieksa

Krajicek-Bourdon

Fitzpatrick-Edler

Should be interesting. :unsure: Well at least for getting to watch Edler play I hope.^_^

Not that I follow Vancouver that much, but did Bieksa kinda come out of nowhere? I hadn't heard of him before this year, and he's playing huge minutes.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I follow Vancouver that much, but did Bieksa kinda come out of nowhere? I hadn't heard of him before this year, and he's playing huge minutes.

He did sort of. In the lockout season he played with Manitoba and surprised a lot. Was our 4th/5th rounder from 2001. Anyways he did so well, he was expected to make the team last year out of camp but got injured. Got called up and held his own for the last half of the season. This year, him and Krajicek have stepped up and Kevin has been awesome. Very physical, good all around and seems to have the poise of a veteran. I've been impressed. Surpassed my expectations already. ^_^

Yeesh, that is not a very solid top 4 for now.

And Rory Fitzpatrick playing a regular shift? Recipe for disaster..

I agree with you, it isn't very solid at all. Although I can't blame just Fitzpatrick for the last 2 games, his turnovers/penalties have led to the game winners against us.:wacko:

Actually, with the way Bieksa and Krajicek have been playing, the top 4 isn't that bad. Bourdon has been getting better and better after every game. We should be ok hopefully.

Wow @ your top 6.

If you didn't have Luongo in net, I'd say tomorrows game would actually be easy.

Trust me. Hopefully I'm not jinxing us here but you'll be pretty surprised with Bieksa and Krajicek.

The game I saw Canucks-Blues. We dominated everything we just kept taking penalties and more penalties and more penalties.

Plus the team is doing fine. geesh, sometimes you guys get to bent out of shape, go take a walk on the seawall or something in stanley park or get a beer in Granville. Clear your head of negativity.

This team is just fine as is, we are in second place in the division! They aren't dead last.

If I was Calgary I'd be worried but come on the teams playing well enjoy it.

The game I saw Canucks-Blues. We dominated everything we just kept taking penalties and more penalties and more penalties.

Plus the team is doing fine. geesh, sometimes you guys get to bent out of shape, go take a walk on the seawall or something in stanley park or get a beer in Granville. Clear your head of negativity.

This team is just fine as is, we are in second place in the division! They aren't dead last.

Well put. :clap:

One of my friends is a Canucks fan, so I kind of follow them just so I can talk about them to him.

Why fire Nonis? Most of his moves in the off season have seemed to have paid off.

-The Luongo/Krajicek for Bertuzzi/Allen/Auld trade looks like a win for the Canucks, especially considering how well Krajicek has been playing.

-Alain Vigneault was absolutely the right hire at the right time.

-Considering how well the D has panned out, the decision not to overpay Jovanovski looks OK.

-Not overpaying Carter was definitely the right move, considering a) he sucks and B) you can put a law chair on a line with the Sedins (or in this case, Taylor Pyatt) and it would score 25 goals.

-Signing Bulis wasn't necessary a bad move... though miscasting him as a Top 6 forward certainly has proven to be. The Marc Chouinard signing looks dubious at best.

Not a lot to criticize Nonis about so far this year...

Don't worry, the panic button has been hit. Even though they had pretty much the exact same record through 11 games last season. They had one more win last year then they do this year.

I dunno. The fans in general seem to get a little to overboard.

Well for those fans, they just want to see us win a cup. We still haven't won it. Never experienced it. What do you think? ;)

Edler was just amazing today. I say we get rid of Fitzpatrick and keep him up. :D