Garth Murray

Trizzak

Isn't Garth Murray the colour commentator of CJAD?

Murray Wilson (4 Stanley Cups)

:D

Back on Garth though I thought he played very well last night finished most of his hits and created a few oppurtunities and even drew a penalty.

• 3 weeks later...

MAXIM LAPIERRE officially has more points then Murray in 3 games...

WAIVE HIM; promote the man within' the system and the young guys will push them selves that much harder in the minors.

Unfortunatly I work in Sudan and haven't seen a damn game all season, but from everything I've read Murray is lacking some drive, or maybe got to "comfortable".

Anyone selling tickets between the Dec 20th to Jan 6??

Edited by Kjell Dahlin

Your right Murray has not been the player he was last season, but it was his pass to Komisarek last night thet set up the shot for the goal. He is working hard in practice and wants to play better but it seems each time he makes the right play the puck bounces the wrong way.

Lapierre looks great in his first two games his penalty killing is remarkable.

were in transition... like i said before as soon as that second line is settled in... the eye of MORDOR (carbo) will be fixed on the Fourth line... Who stays who goes and who comes up will be determined I HOPE sooner than later... but for Murray's sake he's gotta shape up time is ticking!

As a diehard Ringer, just gotta say that cracked me up!!! But remember, the Eye Of MORDOR is evil... Can we not call Carbo the White Wizard and make him Gandalf or something?

Well the problem with Murray is that, as much as he tries, he just lacks talent and hockey sense. Either you've got it or you dont, and he doesn't. Not his fault.

It was predictable that with the quality of prospects the Habs have amassed over the recent drafts that guys like Murray would be slowly pushed out of the lineup. We've just got too good a prospect pool. You'll see that one by one the lesser talented players will get replaced by hungry & talented young kids.

I dont know who'll be the next on the list... perhaps Abby replaced by Halak (I'm drooling already) or Rivet by O'Byrne... but we've seen Higgins, Plex, Perezhogin and Latendresse push out Bulis, Dagenais, Ribeiro and Zednik out of the lineup and you can damn bet more will come.

Who's more intimidating though? Sauron or Gandalf? :P

Sauron > Witch-King > Gandalf

Edited by KoZed

Sauron > Witch-King > Gandalf

Sam > Sauron > Witch-King > Gandalf

With the early success and energy of Lapierre, I think Murray will be out of here by the start if next season. Unless Gainey hasn't found a better depth forward anywhere. I really like how Lapierre and Streit are playing down there. Such a quick fourth line makes us look remarkably like Buffalo. :o

Sam > Sauron > Witch-King > Gandalf

With the early success and energy of Lapierre, I think Murray will be out of here by the start if next season. Unless Gainey hasn't found a better depth forward anywhere. I really like how Lapierre and Streit are playing down there. Such a quick fourth line makes us look remarkably like Buffalo. :o

Ouch dont Jinx it....

Giving the respect Tamba gets for playing 40 minutes of Great up pace hockey... the Buffalo Sabres dont Skate with Cement in their feet in the first two periods! what happened last night was scary! Yes the second we were almost all the time on the PK duty but to think the Fourth line and the PK teams got us out fo that (besides Huet) is a farcray from Buffalo

In any case I like Murray ...tooo bad for him we have good elements coming from the AHL... if Murray can score tomorrow then his best chance would be to be traded to a team that needs help on the 4th or 3 rd line or is losing it all in the farm team.... otherwise he will go back to Hamilton

Unfortunately for Garth Murray, it seems to look like his days in a Habs uniform may be numbered. As strong teams get better their weaker players get replaced by better players. On a weaker team, Murray may find a limited role as fourth liner and penalty killer. But our depth seems to be too strong to have a player like Murray. He was not in the lineup last nite, and once Begin comes back, someone else will have to sit. Hard to say who at this point. Last year, Murray seemed to embrace the role of a sparkplug, but this year he a much more of a liability. When his line has been out there, they hardly create anything, whereas the opponent are much more of a threat to score, as seen by his terrible +/- considering his limited icetime.

Either Gainey will dump him for a draft pick, or send him to Hamilton to be a depth guy if we get some injuries. Good luck to Garth, but no need for him in Montreal anymore.

Unfortunately for Garth Murray, it seems to look like his days in a Habs uniform may be numbered. As strong teams get better their weaker players get replaced by better players. On a weaker team, Murray may find a limited role as fourth liner and penalty killer. But our depth seems to be too strong to have a player like Murray. He was not in the lineup last nite, and once Begin comes back, someone else will have to sit. Hard to say who at this point. Last year, Murray seemed to embrace the role of a sparkplug, but this year he a much more of a liability. When his line has been out there, they hardly create anything, whereas the opponent are much more of a threat to score, as seen by his terrible +/- considering his limited icetime.

Either Gainey will dump him for a draft pick, or send him to Hamilton to be a depth guy if we get some injuries. Good luck to Garth, but no need for him in Montreal anymore.

i don't expect that he will go somewhere else for a draft pick... he'll likely go to hamilton where, at the end of his contract, he'll be gone.

not to be cold about it, it's part of the 'game' that he chose... it's a risk of the trade, if you will...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Agreed, it's just more wishful thinking on my part of getting a draft pick for him.

i feel similarly to you... i never wish the worst for anyone (or i hope i don't anyway)

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone else think he should be demoted or flat out waived?

- 6, no points, and from what I've seen (granted - not much) he hasn't been what he was last year. Where are the board battles? where are the hits? where's the spark? I just find him to be invisible out there. Am I off?

With Lapierre and Milroy tearing up the farm, I think they deserve at least a temporary placement beside Begin.

And so it goes.

28 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, - 9, 25 penalty minutes

And so it goes.

28 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, - 9, 25 penalty minutes

this is sad... this is the same guy who showed so much spunk & promise last season... how can such a turnaround happen?