The Official Habs-World-Juniors Thread

TheBigRedC

Yeah, lol I caught that the first time. Pretty funny. I've seent he end of the game 3 times now... nothing beats it live though.

Can't wait for tomorrows show down with Russia... always good.

Yeah, watching the shootout today wasn't even close to being the same. It's the uncertainty that makes it exciting.

I'm not expecting a final like last year for sure. We're really going to have to lay the body on the Ruskies, make them afraid to go in the corners with us. Our defense is pretty mobile so that should help negate Russia's speed. Carey just has to be Carey and I think Toews is going to step it up ANOTHER level for this game. Chicago has a huge gamebreaker in him.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is part of an article on today's results on tsn.ca

"Slovakia 9, Belarus 0

Juraj Mikus scored twice and added an assist while Tomas Marcinko had a goal and two assists to pace Slovakia to a 9-0 whitewash of Belarus and avoid relegation from the World Junior championship. Belarus managed just a total of 14 shots in the game while Slovakia peppered netminders Valeriy Pronin and Dmitryi Zhuravski with 35 shots as they came up with their best performance of the tournament."

Good news for Mikus... wonder what happened to SK...

maybe just one of those games...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Yeah, it should be an interesting game given the differences between Canada and the Russians. Both have solid goaltendes, but after that the styles and types of players on each team differ. Russia offers a strong offensive game and really count on their goalie to make some big saves while Canada has many all-around forwards, but lack any dominate scoring force.

Toews has been great... but he's getting a lot of praise for goals he scored in SO and a penalty shot. He has to bring that goal-scoring to the full play. (I don't doubt he can though :D ).

Cogliano/Downie have to help Canada score 2 goals if we're going to win IMO. Can't wait for the showdown :D.

Yeah, it should be an interesting game given the differences between Canada and the Russians. Both have solid goaltendes, but after that the styles and types of players on each team differ. Russia offers a strong offensive game and really count on their goalie to make some big saves while Canada has many all-around forwards, but lack any dominate scoring force.

Toews has been great... but he's getting a lot of praise for goals he scored in SO and a penalty shot. He has to bring that goal-scoring to the full play. (I don't doubt he can though :D ).

Cogliano/Downie have to help Canada score 2 goals if we're going to win IMO. Can't wait for the showdown :D.

i don't want to sound or be traitorous but in the wjc finals, canada is the underdog...

if we actually do win (and i don't expect it) it'll be because of an 'unnatural' burst of scoring and the usual carey price goaltending... especially the usual carey price goaltending.

if price happens to have 'one of those games', we're down the tubes.

GO :hlogo: GO!

hockeycanada.ca should have something and TSN has a broadband thing set up too, try those ones out.

Thanks. The tsn thing wasn't working for me before but now it is... the hockeycanada site also won't open for me, probably crashign cuz there's a million ppl trying to do the same thing i am..

Thanks. The tsn thing wasn't working for me before but now it is... the hockeycanada site also won't open for me, probably crashign cuz there's a million ppl trying to do the same thing i am..

Haha, yeah, I just tried to get to hockeycanada too and it wouldn't open. Kinda reminds me of something Gord Miller said during the game "We'd like to wish the thousands of Canadians who are sick today from work a quick and speedy recovery"

:lol:

Haha, yeah, I just tried to get to hockeycanada too and it wouldn't open. Kinda reminds me of something Gord Miller said during the game "We'd like to wish the thousands of Canadians who are sick today from work a quick and speedy recovery"

That is indeed hilarious... I couldn't be "sick" today bc I was actually sick for real on Wednesday and now I have work to catch up on... I'll survive not watching the game as long as I can follow online... and as long as they WIN!

Russia seems to be having a really slow transition game. They'll steal it from us but then they just stand there looking around, giving us time to crush them into the boards.

Heh, not that I'm complaining, just something I noticed.

COGLIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russia seems to be having a really slow transition game. They'll steal it from us but then they just stand there looking around, giving us time to crush them into the boards.

Heh, not that I'm complaining, just something I noticed.

COGLIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw that 30 seconds ago on the TSN updater. YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

You beat me to it! Twice!

Maybe TSN's feed is a little behind. Heck, if you want scoring updates you'll probably get them from me. I'm at home and I'm not going anywhere. =P

Ugly penalty by Valentenko though, it was a high-sticking penalty. Resulted in Toews goal.

1st period over, 3-0 Canada. I'm speechless, did NOT expect this. We'll start the 2nd on the PK, Helms still in the box.

Maybe TSN's feed is a little behind. Heck, if you want scoring updates you'll probably get them from me. I'm at home and I'm not going anywhere. =P

Ugly penalty by Valentenko though, it was a high-sticking penalty. Resulted in Toews goal.

1st period over, 3-0 Canada. I'm speechless, did NOT expect this. We'll start the 2nd on the PK, Helms still in the box.

yeah... I Definitely wasn't expecting this. We haven't scored a lot all tournament. I thought that if we won, it would be much tighter. Having said that, knock on wood, there's still 40 minutes to go... I want a shutout for Price and tournament MVP and OBVIOUSLY a gold medal.

I'll wait for your updates :D

yeah... I Definitely wasn't expecting this. We haven't scored a lot all tournament. I thought that if we won, it would be much tighter. Having said that, knock on wood, there's still 40 minutes to go... I want a shutout for Price and tournament MVP and OBVIOUSLY a gold medal.

I'll wait for your updates :D

Haha, right on.

Duthie talked to Harper during the intermission, he knows his hockey. Price hasn't REALLY been tested so far but he's looked sharp on the few chances Russia has had. Everything seems to be clicking for us and Russia already looks frustrated. We're in their heads, time to shut them down.

Well, I said (not sure I said it here or just to my dad b4 the game) that Cogliano/Downie have to score and the 4th line has to net one if we're going to win tonight. So far so good! :D

Have to be careful now regarding penalties though... refs will be all over us.

Well, I said (not sure I said it here or just to my dad b4 the game) that Cogliano/Downie have to score and the 4th line has to net one if we're going to win tonight. So far so good! :D

Have to be careful now regarding penalties though... refs will be all over us.

Don't worry Maca, you said it here too. I thought of you when Cogliano scored. :lol:

Haha, told ya so. ;)

Apparently Sergei Nemchinov was complaining about the reffing in the first. 4 words Sergei "Cry me a river".

=P

Oooh, we almost made it 4-0. Canada kills the penalty.

Downie made a Russian flinch in a scrum after the play, lol. He did one of those punch fakes after a Russian pushed him, Russian quickly got out of there.

4 on 4 action for 2 minutes. Downie's in the box for us, not sure who the Russian is.

SWEET! TSN's down again for me, so I'm really gonna need your updates now...

Hehe, I'll try my best.

Alzner takes a penalty, Russia to the PP.

Crap, there goes the shutout for Price. 4-1. Sounds like Valentenko had the goal so theres still some good news for Habs fans.