The Official Habs-World-Juniors Thread

TheBigRedC

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Price really cleaned up.

LMAO! Yeah I liked that sign too.

The Habs did too :D WHAT A HABS TOURNEY - AGAIN B) (Lat's, Chippy, Emelin)

MVP PRICELESS!

Cherepanov, Kane and JURAJ MIKUS tied the tourney for most goals with 5. Mikus was 10th in tourney points and Sergei Kostitsyn came in 27th in points which is still good on a weak Belarus team.

Silver winners number 1 D (IMO) put in all Russian special team situations was PAVEL VALENTENKO.

:hlogo:

:can:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

We WON!

I still remember when all you guys were mad that you guys took Price and I said to a few that you guys were going to be surprised.....guess I was right! :lol: Congrats to the team....especially Bourdon! :clap:

We WON!

I still remember when all you guys were mad that you guys took Price and I said to a few that you guys were going to be surprised.....guess I was right! :lol: Congrats to the team....especially Bourdon! :clap:

Right on Captain_Stealth. I'm glad we won and I'm glad for you guys and Bourdon. He was killer against the USA :clap:

We wouldn't have won if it wasn't for Bourdon.

HW StatTracker (Final Update): http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1281

Congrats to everyone who took part in this years WJC, and to Canada, Russia, and USA for winning their respective medals.

Thanks Macaskill for keeping this tracker updated during the tourney; it was nice to know that I could get uptodate stats asap on our picks...

Nice to be GOLDEN again.

Go Canadians GO!

Yes, Price looks like he could be a rock in the NHL for 15 years or so. Has a bit of a Ken Dryden quality to him with his size, his intelligence, and his calm deameanor.

Valentenko was a pleasant surprise. Strong, smart, and fearless. His passing was very rough, though. He needs to develop better touch with the puck, but got his shots through consistently. Also was used by the coach in the most critical situations for the Russian team. A steal in the fifth round for sure.

Mikus tied for tournament scoring lead despite playing for the lame duck Slovak team. Kostitsyn was less noticible, but it is tough to judge him on the worst team in the tournament. He was in on 5 of the 9 goals they scored.

All in all, no habs fan could wish for more. There are QMJHL fans who feel that Montreal prospect Mathieu Carle is every bit as good as WJC All Stars Letang and Bourdon, as well.

Valentenko was a pleasant surprise. Strong, smart, and fearless. His passing was very rough, though. He needs to develop better touch with the puck, but got his shots through consistently. Also was used by the coach in the most critical situations for the Russian team. A steal in the fifth round for sure.

he was a pleasant surprise indeed !! I was impressed in how he was used in every situation possible..and the kid looks tough...can't wait to see him in hamilton !!

Thanks Macaskill for keeping this tracker updated during the tourney; it was nice to know that I could get uptodate stats asap on our picks...

Nice to be GOLDEN again.

Go Canadians GO!

No problem, I'm glad everyone enjoys it :D. Kudos to Jason B. for all his reports as well :D.

I've only in the past year started to follow our prospects and their development... I'm really looking forward to seeing some of these guys make it all the way to the NHL and have at least some success there.

:clap: :can: :hlogo: :clap:

:ghg:

Congratulations, Carey! MVP + Goalie of the tournament. Plus the friends I watched the game with find him hot. That's gotta count for something!

No problem, I'm glad everyone enjoys it :D. Kudos to Jason B. for all his reports as well :D.

I've only in the past year started to follow our prospects and their development... I'm really looking forward to seeing some of these guys make it all the way to the NHL and have at least some success there.

:clap: :can: :hlogo: :clap:

:ghg:

Aw Shucks :P

Woooott!!! Canadaaaaa!!!! and to all the other countries that took part in the WJC Sweden 2K7 :D

Too bad good things have to come to an end :( but kudos to Jason B. and Macaskill :D for an amazing job with all the WJC coverage heheh