Three trades you'd like to see BG make by the Deadline

The-Habby2919

No trades. Habs are not sellers this year, and Gainey doesn't want to give up "buyer" commodities, i.e. prospects, with the possible exception of Perezhogin, who is apparently expecting to be traded (which would be an unwise move, imo).

Only real possibility: Craig Rivet being traded away (for some reason, some other teams seem interested in him), but I think that even if BG is thinking of getting rid of him, he'll wait to July to let him drift away in free agency rather than stir the pot by trading him for a 6th rounder or something. Rivet's benching in January freaked the entire dressing room out because he's Mr. Nice Guy, so trading him away might have the same effect and cost a lot more to the Habs' playoff run than it could possibly bring in a trade.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you want to discuss the Iraq situation?

Getting the entire Iraq population to become Hari Krishnas would be more realistic than some of your trades.

It's not the discussion of trades that bothers me it is your choice in who gets traded. Seriously Bouchard and Gaborik for Markov and Pleckanec!?!?!?! :lol:

Getting the entire Iraq population to become Hari Krishnas would be more realistic than some of your trades.

It's not the discussion of trades that bothers me it is your choice in who gets traded. Seriously Bouchard and Gaborik for Markov and Pleckanec!?!?!?! :lol:

ok ive already had it with your putdowns of habs go bugger off to the leafs room and say how Sundin is god

Edited by Strummerman

Kovalev and Rivet to the Pens for Ouellet Letang and a draft pick 2 or 3- what kind of cap space do the Pens have anyways, Markov and Plekanec to the Wild for Gaborik and Bouchard, Souray to the Sharks for Carle and Pavelski(whatever)

Markov and Pleks to the Wild for Bouchard and Gaborik?

Riseborough would be dumb to take on UFA Markov and Pleks for 2 solid Wild players!

And, on another note (where is Bacchus?). Getting rid of Kovalev is not an option. We MUST have a veteran presence to guide the team. We say go with the kids. That's fantastic and I agree. But you have to have some vet presence on the team to help. Koivu, Bonk and Johnson are the only long time vets between lines 1 and 3 that have any experience to teach the kids. Yes, Ryder has been around for a bit but the duty shouldn't fall to him or Higgins either. I am impressed with Higgins leadership though :clap:

Having the Russian international captain helps Perezhogin & Kostitsyn. Teams need translators. Kovalev is clearly a leader and Russia's program feels it's appropriate to give him the C!

If we trade Kovy it'd better be, REPEAT "it'd better be" for an equal vet presence regardless of what Kovy's detractors accuse him of.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

As for this year, ride out the storm, make the P/O, win one round, is the best I can expect.

Save $$$$ for 2007-2009, and have faith that the youngsters ( Kots + Kots, Latendresse, Lapiere, White, Price etc.. will be affordable talent.

What spooks me is that if the Bruins were stupid enough to shovel 37.5/5 for Chara, there's bound to be at least one team in July willing to fill Sheldon's bank account.

8M/2 or 11M/3 is about as much as I'd pay Souray.

As far as I'm concerned the best bargain this year has been Streit 1.2M/2.

Have faith. There's plenty of oil coming down the pipeline.

The drift wood you just described happen to be the only players who actually hustle every night.

There is alot higher paid driftwood on this team.

True , but THAT dirftwood will actually score in bunches not just drift in and out of games and to the press box.

I'm not sure I could come up with three trades, but I would like to see Souray moved.

Sure he brings alot to the PP, but he is also a defensive liability and everybody knows defense wins championships.

Moving Souray out for Carle in San Jose is a solid move now and for the future. Carle is a solid prospect who also brings a nice dimension to the powerplay and is probably better defensively and will get better with age. MOntreal would also probably pick up a draft pick...maybe as high as a second rounder

Gainey could then use that 2nd rounder which is likely to be in the 56th to 60th overall range as well as his own draft picks to secure a depth defensman for the playoff run.

Its a smart move to make. Everybody knows Markov and Souray cannot both be signed for next year and Markov is the better player to keep around. The addition of Carle strengthens the blueline for the next 4 to 6 years, and for alot less money than Souray is going to ask.

If San Jose is not interested in dealing Carle, than Montreal should look to other Western Confrence clubs that are in an arms race started by Nashville with the Forsberg move. They should get a decent return

ok ive already had it with your putdowns of habs go bugger off to the leafs room and say how Sundin is god

Hey if you can't take the heat don't post ridiculous trades. If you were as confident in your trades as you claim you should do like I suggested and post them in the other teams forums and see the responses but you wont because either you know how outrageous they are or you don't watch/follow hockey.

Markov and Pleks are great players, Markov is a solid first pairing defenseman and Pleks is a respectable center with the skills to become a solid 2nd line center. I have been preaching his value for ages. But they are not worth Gaborik and Bouchard, Gaborik is a franchise point per game player and bouchard is the wilds future, 1st round pick, put up 59pts in his rookie year, easily 1st line material.

Next time one of these flights of fancy enter your mind step back and think or I will be here again telling you that the habs are not the center of the universe and no one is selling the farm to appease us.

Riseborough would be dumb to take on UFA Markov and Pleks for 2 solid Wild players!

And, on another note (where is Bacchus?). Getting rid of Kovalev is not an option. We MUST have a veteran presence to guide the team. We say go with the kids. That's fantastic and I agree. But you have to have some vet presence on the team to help. Koivu, Bonk and Johnson are the only long time vets between lines 1 and 3 that have any experience to teach the kids. Yes, Ryder has been around for a bit but the duty shouldn't fall to him or Higgins either. I am impressed with Higgins leadership though :clap:

Having the Russian international captain helps Perezhogin & Kostitsyn. Teams need translators. Kovalev is clearly a leader and Russia's program feels it's appropriate to give him the C!

If we trade Kovy it'd better be, REPEAT "it'd better be" for an equal vet presence regardless of what Kovy's detractors accuse him of.

Kovy needs to go, I don't care how great people imagine he is in the playoffs. The guy is not helping this team and doesnt deserve the money he gets. We have a decent amount of vets already, Begin, Rivet, Koivu, Bonk, they are all old enough to help the rooks. I would rather a work horse like samsonov help the russian rooks than lazy old Kovalev.

Souray also needs to be traded immediatly, the guy is a disaster defensivly and his value is high right now. If Gainey doesnt move at least one of these two I will definitly be questioning his capabilities as GM.

Also if we don't beat the leafs we are finished for the season, mark my words if we can't put in a strong effort against our hated nemesis in the most important game of the season this team doesn't have the spine to get back in the race.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Hey if you can't take the heat don't post ridiculous trades. If you were as confident in your trades as you claim you should do like I suggested and post them in the other teams forums and see the responses but you wont because either you know how outrageous they are or you don't watch/follow hockey.

Markov and Pleks are great players, Markov is a solid first pairing defenseman and Pleks is a respectable center with the skills to become a solid 2nd line center. I have been preaching his value for ages. But they are not worth Gaborik and Bouchard, Gaborik is a franchise point per game player and bouchard is the wilds future, 1st round pick, put up 59pts in his rookie year, easily 1st line material.

Next time one of these flights of fancy enter your mind step back and think or I will be here again telling you that the habs are not the center of the universe and no one is selling the farm to appease us.

Kovy needs to go, I don't care how great people imagine he is in the playoffs. The guy is not helping this team and doesnt deserve the money he gets. We have a decent amount of vets already, Begin, Rivet, Koivu, Bonk, they are all old enough to help the rooks. I would rather a work horse like samsonov help the russian rooks than lazy old Kovalev.

Souray also needs to be traded immediatly, the guy is a disaster defensivly and his value is high right now. If Gainey doesnt move at least one of these two I will definitly be questioning his capabilities as GM.

Also if we don't beat the leafs we are finished for the season, mark my words if we can't put in a strong effort against our hated nemesis in the most important game of the season this team doesn't have the spine to get back in the race.

Speaking of ridiculous comments- time to start falling down laughing- Samsanov the workhorse (who has he been watching this year)- Begin is a joke he is injured every year with his kamikaze play- and worse he is now becoming ineffective- I suppose we could get Gaborik and Bouchard for Samsonov and begin lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll-

The only thing i feel from you when your post your comments in not heat but nausea- Like I said I think you should post your important comments in some other NHL room

Edited by Strummerman

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Speaking of ridiculous comments- time to start falling down laughing- Samsanov the workhorse (who has he been watching this year)- Begin is a joke he is injured every year with his kamikaze play- and worse he is now becoming ineffective- I suppose we could get Gaborik and Bouchard for Samsonov and begin lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll-

The only thing i feel from you when your post your comments in not heat but nausea- Like I said I think you should post your important comments in some other NHL room

You are really so far from reality maybe it is time to invest in some foam rubber for the walls and a special jacket with buckles on the back eh?

I never suggested trade Begin or Samsonov, first Begin is the only fire this team has and samsonov isn't even movable at his current value. But with strong play I have no doubt he can turn it around, do you think a guy who goes out there and flies every night is going to slump for the rest of his career? No way, he will find his groove and produce, it might take awhile but we are pretty well stuck with him might aswell bite the bullet.

Way to ignore the rest of my comments, I can tell by the way you dance around them you can't back up what you post with any sort of sensible thought.

But here is your chance, explain to me how in your Escher painting of a mind gaborik and bouchard = Markov and Plekanec?

Edited by OneSharpMarble

Hmm... well you're certainly not disappointing anyone with your capabilities as a Habs fan. Gainey may very well decide to hang on to Souray (and he has no good reason to trade Kovalev) for the rest of the season and then make an attempt to sign him in the summer. Personally, I would trade him though. Carle looks pretty good, though I'm not as high on Bernier as some others are.

Kovy needs to go, I don't care how great people imagine he is in the playoffs.

All I asked was vet presence back. So I'm going to challenge you to make a fantasy Kovalev for someone proposal.

If you were Bob, who would you acquire for Kovalev? You can make it multi if you like. Remember that pesky cap too.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Hmm... well you're certainly not disappointing anyone with your capabilities as a Habs fan. Gainey may very well decide to hang on to Souray (and he has no good reason to trade Kovalev) for the rest of the season and then make an attempt to sign him in the summer. Personally, I would trade him though. Carle looks pretty good, though I'm not as high on Bernier as some others are.

I'm not sure if that first comment is an jab or a compliment ^_^

There are lots of reasons to trade Kovalev, especially since he seems to be known to play well in the playoffs. Personally if someone would take his contract off our hands that would be enough reason to dump him before the deadline.

I'm not sure if that first comment is an jab or a compliment ^_^

There are lots of reasons to trade Kovalev, especially since he seems to be known to play well in the playoffs. Personally if someone would take his contract off our hands that would be enough reason to dump him before the deadline.

The first comment was supposed to do both at once, so I can take a shot at you but not offend you at the same time. :D

The fact that he steps up in the playoffs is a reason to trade him? That should be a reason to keep him. He makes a lot of money but he does things that no one else on our team can do. THat makes him irreplaceable IMO.

All I asked was vet presence back. So I'm going to challenge you to make a fantasy Kovalev for someone proposal.

If you were Bob, who would you acquire for Kovalev? You can make it multi if you like. Remember that pesky cap too.

I would accept your challenge but right now I am on dial up and this would require some research (I don't like to pluck players names from thin air like strummer)

I will say some requirements of the trade for anyone to take kovalev off our hands....

- Probably a slumping player

- Moderatly large salary

- Another vet OR decent prospect

- Western team making the playoffs looking for some offense

Edited by OneSharpMarble

You are really so far from reality maybe it is time to invest in some foam rubber for the walls and a special jacket with buckles on the back eh?

I never suggested trade Begin or Samsonov, first Begin is the only fire this team has and samsonov isn't even movable at his current value. But with strong play I have no doubt he can turn it around, do you think a guy who goes out there and flies every night is going to slump for the rest of his career? No way, he will find his groove and produce, it might take awhile but we are pretty well stuck with him might aswell bite the bullet.

Way to ignore the rest of my comments, I can tell by the way you dance around them you can't back up what you post with any sort of sensible thought.

But here is your chance, explain to me how in your Escher painting of a mind gaborik and bouchard = Markov and Plekanec?

Im sure Begin lit that fire when he came back and the habs won zero games, and duh once again i think your living in some form of delusion of grandeur- just the comments about Samsonov working hard are beyond this world. He goes out there and flies every night- umm are you sure your mistaking Samsonov for Youppi or are you Youppi I could understand the paid mascot making those asinine comments.

Gaborik is our Kovalev wants money but is often injured. I don't understnd how you can make the comment Markov is a first line defenceman and then quickly say he's a nobody compared to Gaborik. Anyways your hilarious comments about Samsonov are just plain knee slapping- aren't you the guy that said that the Forsberg trade was a great trade for Nashville lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, now paint me that Daliesque picture of Sammy working this year

Edited by Strummerman

Risebrough DID tradae Gilmour for Leeman