Simon Suspension handed down

markierung

TSN - Simon Receives a 30 Game Suspension

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

Simon gets 30 games for almost stomping on someone after 8 previous suspensions and a 25 gamer just last year. Colin Cambell should lose his job over this one. I can't beleive it. You would think that a repeat offender should be punished more severely.

Here's the kicker.............SIMON WANTS TO APPEAL THE SUSPENSION!!!

You would think that he would smarten up and realize that he's lucky he didn't get over 50 games

I can imagine what Simon will say, "what are you talking about?!? I was trying to get off the ice and the other guy got his foot in my way. He fell, then I tried to get off the ice and I stepped on him by accident. If he hadn't gotten tangled up with me none of this would have happened!

Anyway, 30 games seems fair. This wasn't as bad as what that Philie rookie did. It was intent to injure, but it wasn't a headshot. Simon's previous assaults have been worse.

No, it wasn't as bad as what Downie did, but the problem is that he is a repeat offender and 25 games for hacking at Hollweg's face seemed to have no effect on him

With the leave of absence he's taken and his apology, I can't see him suddenly claiming it to be accidental or inadvertent. I am a little surprised that it was only 30 games though. I thought it would be indefinite for the time being, until he's finished with whatever counselling he's seeking while away from the Islanders. But I think the Islanders are done with him, unless Wang's statement was nothing more than lip service.

No, it wasn't as bad as what Downie did, but the problem is that he is a repeat offender and 25 games for hacking at Hollweg's face seemed to have no effect on him

I am not trying to be hostile, but how was downie's hit worse? the outcome might have been worse, but the intent on Simon's part far outweighs that. he had the full intent to hurt Ruutu. After sticking Hollweg, it should be clear that this guy is a danger to the league and he has completely disregarded all other players safety.

hey, bertuzzi got what ?? 10 game 20 games for breaking a man's neck and he already had a reputation for being dirty.

that said, I dont agree with simon's kick and he deserves the 30 games.

I would also point out that the islanders made the right move by letting him go and seek some psychological help. it may not better the hockey player(he may never play again) but could do miracles to a man. this organization is starting to do things the right way!!

good luck chris

30 games, huh?

I think they should have put a stop to it once and for all when they had the chance. How many chances does Chris Simon really deserve? He obviously didn't learn from getting the previous record-breaking 25-game suspension. What makes Colin Campbell think he's going to learn this time?

You can't teach an old dog to sit.

Can't say I'm surprised though...

It doesnt really matter because I think Simon is finished anyway. I'd be surprised to see him play another NHL game, be it in the Isles uniform or another one.

Actually, I think stepping on someone with your skate is a lot worse than what Downie did and even worse than what Simon did last time to Hollweg. He should have gotten at least 50 games, and even with that he should consider himself lucky.

I am not trying to be hostile, but how was downie's hit worse? the outcome might have been worse, but the intent on Simon's part far outweighs that. he had the full intent to hurt Ruutu. After sticking Hollweg, it should be clear that this guy is a danger to the league and he has completely disregarded all other players safety.

Ya, i'm agreeing with you. It wasn't as bad

I would have gone with 50 myself for Simon, based on the potential damage a skate could do and his prior track record.

The Bertuzzi sentence shouldn't factor in, because that was the single bigest disciplinary ######-up in league history: he should have gotten the rest of that season and all of the next season...if not a lifetime suspension.

I would have gone with 50 myself for Simon, based on the potential damage a skate could do and his prior track record.

The Bertuzzi sentence shouldn't factor in, because that was the single bigest disciplinary ######-up in league history: he should have gotten the rest of that season and all of the next season...if not a lifetime suspension.

Simon should be given a lifetime suspension as he is a repeat offender that isn't getting it.

Bertuzzi was a different case. He did one really stupid thing and paid big time for it. He was at the top of his game and has never regained his edge. This is Canada, my home. Here we always go light on 1st time offenders, even in our courts. Why screw up someones life because they make one mistake? The punishment should fit the crime, but some leniance is required for one offf mistakes.

If Moore hadn't gone out of his way to try and injure a Canuck star in the previous meeting, his head wouldn't have been hunted. As a below average player looking to injure a key player, what right did Moore have to an NHL carreer? Not saying Bertuzzi was justified, that would be moronic, but it was his 1st offence and was dealt with harshly.