GDT: Montreal vs Washington, Dec. 28

dlbalr

Agreed that the Habs D as a whole absolutely just stinks right now.

Its not just right now. I've been saying all year. Carey Price was lights out earlier and that masked the lousy D we have. BUt most people just keep raving about the great "system" Martin has them playing. Last year, it was halak, early this year it was Price. Both times when the habs were winning the team as a whole were playing well defensively, but if Halak and Price don't stand on their head, the team still loses. Now that Price has come down to earth and is merely playing well to good, rather then outstanding, the habs are losing.

We have too many dman that are #3-#7 type dman. With Markov out we don't have a legitimate #1 or #2 and I'd even argue that we have a group of #4 to #7's, with Gorges the only guy who can be a #3 at times. Hell I'd even say that Weisnieski is probably better then all of the Dman we have - which is pretty sad, when you consider he is coming from the Islanders.

I WANTED MARTIN FIRED EVEN AFTER AND IN SPITE OF THE PLAYOFF SUCCESS!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how CJAD are going on and on that the goal was all on Subban putting himself out of position and don't even bother to mention the brutal give away by Gill that actually led to the goal :wacko:

Why cant scrambles like that ever go in for the habs!

becuase unlike other teams they rarely go hard to the net and take the oppertunity to accidently run the goalie like other teams do with Price. On that scrum before Pleks got the penalty, they should have been driving hard into the caps net.

You'd think Laps would be the SOB, run the goalie type.

Laps spends too much time behind the net. Frankly, i've lost patience with him. The guy who has tons of chances is Moen, but even in games when the Habs goalies are being run, Moen has been too soft in front of the opposition's net.

don't undrstand why weber and Picard are out there together. Hopefully next game Picard will be sent down. Weber and Subban need to play with veterns and that doesn't include a pylon like Gill.

Top line has the puck in washingtons zone for close to a minute 0 shots on net. They need to just dump the puck on net they are trying to be way too pretty. Hal Gill even mentuioned the other day that they weren't a pretty goal team and should start playing ugly hockey.

Even though the habs are down 2 goals it feels like 6 goals.

They HAVE to score here for any chance of salvaging this game.

Edited by bar

Top line has the puck in washingtons zone for close to a minute 0 shots on net. They need to just dump the puck on net they are trying to be way too pretty. Hal Gill even mentuioned the other day that they weren't a pretty goal team and should start playing ugly hockey.

Even though the habs are down 2 goals it feels like 6 goals.

They HAVE to score here for any chance of salvaging this game.

these days if they are down by one at the end of two periods, its been game over :puke:

The forwards NEVER cycle the puck to the defence on the PP, never, it's crazy.

The forwards are so lazy in their own end as well, look at how far the D has to try to do an outlet pass to.

Edited by bar

what the fawk, Martin's got the 4th line during the last minute of the period???? there was like 5 giveaways in the last minute!! :puke:

Who's the scapegoat going to be tonight? Price? Subban? Pouliot?

probably Pouliot, he wasn't in the lineup and didn't do a good job cheering the boys on from the pressbox.

Seriouly though, I bet the media will be all over Subban for trying to go for that hit. We'll also probably see a number of posts on this forum saying that the attempted hit by Subban shows why he isn't ready.

I honestly think that Eller, Subban, Weber and Pouliot (if he is still eligible), would be well served to goto to Hamilton, for the sole reason of getting away from JM, who is constantly is being praised for his great history of player development :wacko::rolleyes:

Is it coaching? Is it lack of motivation? Why aren't the players playing with any intensity? Was Gionta a bad choice for captain? For all the talk of leadership there was none shown when PK was ragged in the media by Richards, I want Gionta to run his players through the mud in the papers, let the papers know that the team is sucking and can't go on like this.

The habs aren't built or coached to have game breakers. I bet $20 they'll ease through the first 10 minutes of the third then play with the same urgency they SHOULD have been playing the entire game.

Games like this make me think whatif. What if, Markov didn't get injured.

Edited by bar

Is it coaching? Is it lack of motivation? Why aren't the players playing with any intensity? Was Gionta a bad choice for captain? For all the talk of leadership there was none shown when PK was ragged in the media by Richards, I want Gionta to run his players through the mud in the papers, let the papers know that the team is sucking and can't go on like this.

Frankly, I've been ragging Martin since the day he was hired. I thought he was a lousy choice. The only time he has been successful is when the habs goalies have stood on their head. Boucher was the perfect coach for how this team is built (speed and skill). Martin is probably one of the worst possible coaches - I honestly believe that the post-lockout game has passed him by. He is also proving to be horrible with young players - which we have an abundance of.

Habs rarely seem prepared - that's on the coaching staff. The young defense are being mis-handled - that's on the coaching staff - why Robinson wasn't hired is really mind boggling when the habs knew they had a prized prospect in Subban and another solid defensive prospect in Weber.

I think if you replace Martin/Pearn, you would see a turnaround - and that's not even knowing who the replacement is!!

I haven't been impressed with Gionta from the fans vantage point. Who knows he may be vocal in the dressing room. But he needs to be speaking up more when a guy like Richard rags SUbban. WHen Richard took Subban to tas about lack of respect, if I was Gionta, I would have said that as an organization, the Flyers are the last time in the league to talk about "lack of respect" towards players and a cheapshot head hunter like Richards is the LAST person with any right to speak up about a lack of respect. Gionta like Markov seem more of a lead by example, but honestly if you look at the other more vocal options - Cammy, Gomez, I don't know if I'd want them as captains - I've been VERY disapointed with Cammy this year, not so much for his production, but more from just plain stupid lack of discipline penalties. Gorges is a leader, but I don't know if he would be a good choice either. Frankly, I think 3-4 years from now Subban would probably be an excellent captain. The way he is being handled though, it may be with another team.

Seriously...WTF PLEK!

team is in a total dissaray right now. something has to change or give :puke: