Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I read the other day that 30/31 teams have already reached out to his 'family advisor' (also known as an agent but college players technically can't have agents).  He's the prize of this college FA class.

I wanted Schuldt last year and I still want him this time around.  Robby Jackson (another St. Cloud guy) was at Montreal's camp as well and should draw some attention.  (Jon Lizotte was the other from that team at the development camp but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays another year.)

By the way, nice work on the annual College FA series on your site.

Regarding Evans, Corey Pronman of The Athletic believes he's leaning towards signing with Montreal.  Given the Habs' lack of centre depth, it's hard to think there is a better opportunity for him out there.

Thanks, its a bit of work on it, but its a labor of love. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, Commandant said:

Vesey was an unknown until after his season ended.  The Preds were shocked he didnt sign. 

Butcher wasnt a last minute decision, it was something he was saying at midseason cause the Avs never made him a contract offer after his junior year.

The last we heard from Evans (leaning Montreal) basically came at the same point in the season as we heard that Butcher was mad at the Avs.

I remember Chris Nilan talking about Vesey on his TSN690 show that spring.  Vesey's dad is good friends with Nilan.  Chris was dropping a pretty big hint that Vesey was considering not signing with Nashville, although Nilan speculated he would sign with Boston.  

Later after he signed with New York, there were rumours that Boston was in the mix too.  I wasn't too surprised because I thought I read a rumour that Nashville was really trying to get Vesey to leave college after his junior year.  

• Upvote 1

Evans 2 assists... Notre dame wins big 10 tournament.

Poehling a goal... scsu loses the final of the nchc tourney to denver.

Hawkey one goal against... providence loses final of hockey east 

All three teams plus northeastern (primeau) are locks to be in the national championship tournament.  Regions and seeds announced today.  Tournament starts this weekend and wraps up april 7th and 9th.

We kinda want ND eliminated in one of their first two games so the Habs can offer evans a chance to play an nhl game and burn a year om the elc which would be a bonus in trying to sign him.

If he makes the final four we wont have any games left after his national semifinal.

Ryan Poehling and SCSU are upset by air force.  Their season is over. 

Hawden Hawkey gets a shutout, Providence moves on. 

Jack Evans gets an assist on the OT winner.  ND moves on.  

Notre Dame vs Providence in the Elite 8

Cayden Primeau and Northeastern play tomorrow. 

Will Bitten 1g 3a as Bulldogs take 2-1 series lead

Pezzetta scoreless, but Sarnia wins to take 2-1 series lead

Josh Brook 1g as Moose Jaw takes 2-1 series lead

Tsyzka no points as Seattle loses, to go down 2-1 to Everett

Walford still hurt... Victoria down 2-1 to Vancouver

On Monday, Fleury an assist but Regina loses and is down 2-1 to Swift Current

Verbeek had a goal as the Sault take a 3-0 series lead. 

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Are Verbeek and Bitten similar players? Fast, smallish and questionable pro offensive upside.

Bittens taller and has more offensive game.

Hence a third round pick vs undrafted free agent 

Bitten only had 20g and same point total as 2 seasons ago, not real encouraging on paper anyways. Oh well, see how he does in Laval next year, he is a fast skater and that is serving Byron well with Habs.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Bitten only had 20g and same point total as 2 seasons ago, not real encouraging on paper anyways. Oh well, see how he does in Laval next year, he is a fast skater and that is serving Byron well with Habs.

Bitten's last three years. 

65 pts in 67 games

57 pts in 65 games

64 pts in 62 games

Verbeek at the same ages

10 in 51 games

34 in 63 games
31 in 64 games

Its only in his overage season that Verbeek has really broken out... 61 in 67 games.  

Bitten will go to the AHL (likely) and never play an overage year. 

I like Verbeek, but when you compare the offence of the two players, its really not close.. its a huge win for Bitten. 

Bitten had a slow start to the year.  But The way Bitten has played from November to now though is really encouraging as far as his offense is concerned. 

Bitten to the 2nd round. 7pts in 5gms.

Pezzetta gets GWG and Sting up 3-2 vs Oshawa

Brook plays today, up 3-1 in series. 3pts in 4gms.

Fleury down 3-2 in his series

Tyszka down 3-1 in his series

1 hour ago, DON said:

Bitten to the 2nd round. 7pts in 5gms.

Pezzetta gets GWG and Sting up 3-2 vs Oshawa

Brook plays today, up 3-1 in series. 3pts in 4gms.

Fleury down 3-2 in his series

Tyszka down 3-1 in his series

Sucks that Walford is out with an injury for at least the first round, but his series is currently tied 2-2.

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Any of the 2017 guys in line for an early ELC? Or is it still best to wait another year on all of them?

Fleury can turn pro next season so he's one to watch for on that end.  If they like what Brook has done this year, maybe they sign him a year early as well.

Looks like Hawkey is sticking around for his senior year:

I was hoping he'd turn pro next season as that would give them another reason to get rid of Fucale - they could have gone with McNiven/Hawkey at the AHL level.