Fire Jacques Martin

C-Love

Team 990 is great!!!! they call it like they see it!!! LL gets 50 seconds of ice time for scoring. he should have shot it into the corner and stood at the blue line he would have got more ice time.

Yes its true the PP wasn't working. Yes its true Gauthier traded for help. Yes its true that now the PP looks better. However the conclusion you draw from this is very strange. Your conclusion that the previous PP not working is the fault of the coach is faulty IMO. What I see is a PP strategy that can work, however it requires the proper players to work. Pk gorges, pleks, diaz, Martin tried every guy we had back there, which is what forced Gauthier to find him a QB. The pp failure easnt on the coach. It was on lack of personel.

But why did he keep coming back with the Plex-at-the-point thing when it was obviously a poor move? It's almost like he's too proud to admit a mistake and will just keep pushing his agenda through until either success comes or he's given other options. I do see where you're coming from, however, and I'll concede that there's been a lot of issue with the PP QB. That said, before Kaberle, everyone picked a spot (on the off chance we gained the zone) and didn't move. Where's the coaching for that? If the same players are doing the same thing, then get others out there who are coached to do something different.

Team 990 is great!!!! they call it like they see it!!! LL gets 50 seconds of ice time for scoring. he should have shot it into the corner and stood at the blue line he would have got more ice time.

You're right. Dumping it into the corner is more in line with Martin's system of eking out 1 goal victories, while relying on all-world goaltending. I've never called for Martin to be fired, but as each day goes by, I'm with Colin on his assessment. Ask these Martin defenders how they think it'll play out. If Martin is such a genius, does he get a contract extension?

I know it is always easier to be negative but J.M just makes it to easy. have you noticed that you don't see youppi much? It is because he got the fans to cheer so martin benched him! hahaha he told him one more move like that you will be replaced by darches brother.

I don't care one way or the other if Martin get's fired, but you have to ask yourself how they would do with a different coach. Look at the line up that's been on the ice for most of the year. It just isn't that good. I'm sorry. Eller isn't Stall. Even though I think he could be. I did a breakdown of who I thought was a good player and ended up with 10 I think.

Leblanc took the worst penalty Ever in a Tie game. There was a goal on the PP agInst. He later scored and made up for it. So it was like he was not out there at all. Louis will be fine. He will get over it. If you think that based on his ay, he would have been the difference maker, that's your opinion. I think you role your vets on a tight game like this and try to avoid another goal against. Momentum swung both ways all night.

If we are blaming Martin for not adjusting, I suppose he should get credit for adjusting the game and getting the team going in the second. We all know it was the power plays that changed the tone of their play. We should also know that the tone cam change the other way too. A few bad PKs, or a shorthanded goal against can knock the wind out of a team. Then the " here we go again" thoughts cloud you and it's turtle time. I hate it too, but is it coaching or is it the team. The only leader on the team who doesn't allow this to affect him is Cole. It's not coaching adjustments that make teams turtle like that. The team does not have the size to do a cycle aggressive forecheck game, so they dump and reform their neutral zone line up because they are scared that out soft, slow, or inexperienced defense probably won't bail us out. The same people screaming about turtling will be screaming about all of the odd man rushes, breakaways and goals against as a result of not helping out the inept defense.

I like Martin's style of play. I like the transition game, and I believe it helps teams that are not that great stay competitive. This is where we are right now.

Compare our line up to Toronto. They aren't much worse than us on paper. In fact they are better in some areas.