Florida vs Montreal

Guest Stogey24

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

The issue is that the King we are seeing in Montreal, and the King who played in LA appear to be different players.  He looks like hes not trying. 

24 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I see him as being pretty much the same player as he was in LA. King is what he is, not the greatest player in the world. Where he can be effective though is in the offensive zone when his line has possession going for extended periods of time.

This is why I can see how he would be a decent player to move up in the lineup like Brian alluded to, if someone in our top 6 gets injured. With more skilled linemates, comes more offensive zone time. With players like Martinsen, Ott and Mitchell, it's pretty much a quick dump and chase or a quick chance and out of the offensive zone. I imagine him to be kind of a bigger and slower Smith-Pelley so the expectations aren't very high. I think he'll be relatively effective come playoff time when the grind becomes a little tougher. Here's to hoping. 

Edit: He really did love playing in LA though so hopefully he's not playing "homesick". I'd hope he'd be more of a professional than that though.

He's the anti-Wiese: gets traded to Montreal, hates it, and plays below his skillset.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dlbalr said:

In the offensive zone, the attacking defencemen shouldn't be involved in the cycle game too often.  Otherwise, it could be going the other way in a hurry.  Being good at the cycle game is something I've heard plenty of GM's refer to in the past as well.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were speaking of, it is a talent to be able to cycle the`puck. I would just like to see him do more than that. He is as slow as they come (crankshaft was a little slower) I really think he could use that size of his a lot better. He's got his team mates protecting him for crying out loud. I don't think he really wants to be here, and will find his way back to LA. To me he is a million dollar player at most. I think he is an RFA at the end of this season so maybe The Knights would like him.

9 hours ago, Trizzak said:

He's the anti-Wiese: gets traded to Montreal, hates it, and plays below his skillset.

If he's not careful he will be playing below his paycheck when he's a UFA in July 

2 hours ago, illWill said:

If he's not careful he will be playing below his paycheck when he's a UFA in July 

I dunno. GMs are idiots. I can see one of them looking at King's Cup rings, big body, and that ol' standby of his 'character and leadership' and give him a contract he doesn't deserve.

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I dunno. GMs are idiots. I can see one of them looking at King's Cup rings, big body, and that ol' standby of his 'character and leadership' and give him a contract he doesn't deserve.

GMs are usually smart enough these days to just offer PTOs to bottom six guys these days.

12 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

GMs are usually smart enough these days to just offer PTOs to bottom six guys these days.

Except for our GM who trades for enough bottom sixers to fill four lines.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Except for our GM who trades for enough bottom sixers to fill four lines.

Bergevin does both. Flash and Drayson Bowman got PTOs. He gave Colby Armstrong a contract instead of a PTO. Close to all of his other bottom six guys were trade acquisitions.