Online Gaming

Psycing

Hey, just got 2 new PC games for Christmas. Battlefield 2 and Age of Empires 3 will soon join Counterstike as games I play online.

I was just wondering if anyone else has these games and would be interested into getting some games going sometime in the future?

I'm just starting to install Battlefield 2 as we speak... so I'm going to get back to messing with that for now!

I'll eventually get Age of Empires III, I just need to upgrade my video card. I've only got a 16 right now and would like to upgrade it to 128 or maybe even a 256 >_>. I'll probably just get a laptop in the next couple months anyway. I can get a sweet deal on an LG laptop. 1 gig of RAM (upgradeable to 2) with a 512 MB grapics card. Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh.

Anyway, I'll let you know whenever I get AoE III. AND GET WORLD OF WARCRAFT!

I use to be a big Deltaforce addict. Played DF2 for years. First i was a normal online soldier, later on i had my own squad. Had a lot of fun. Also played the Black Hawk Down Version very long. But after that i lost interest, also the sequals after that became boring.

I recently got BF2, only played single version cuz i dont have the original to play online. It's a cool game.

Yesterday i played COD2 online @ a friends house. COD are good games also.

But last week my own computer broke, so dunno when i can play again. I intend to go play online again. Probably BF2 cuz it's nice. But i hope my computer will be back soon and it won't cost me much (but probably will), my motherboard is gone. (now i have to check internet on my parents old computer)

Team Fortress Classic. The Half Life one. I was a 70-1 kill ratio sniper. Haven't done that for years and years, though. I was in one of those online clans. Kicked butt constantly. Lotsa fun. I'm going to get HL2 now that I have a slightly better g-card and see if I can't get back into the swing of things. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a couple of these other online shooters as well. If you get killed by a sniper and you can't get him? It's probably me. :D

Was anyone else here ever a Brood War junky? I've still got a burned copy lieing around somewhere, I should dust it off. I really want to get F.E.A.R too.

STAR CRAFT RULED! My friends and I started up a tournament a year ago, got all back into it... but I haven't played since then.

I'm really liking BF2 though... I haven't installed Age Of Empires 3 yet....

Expect some 3am posts from me tonight... ;)

laff great thread.

Im old school I play Infantry, Starcraft and BG2 online. I used to play Diablo 2 and I had a 2 month stint on WOW (<---Ghey). I am good at CS and my favorite map is dust baby. I played Soldat for awhile wayback in the day.

As for starcraft I play brood wars on a daily bases still I even got a cd image of it so I dont have to use my uber scratched brood wars cd.

I used to have a lvl 91 bowzon in diablo 2, also had a lvl 90 bliz/fireball sorc

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 360 for xmas, so I've been playing Call of Duty 2, Tiger Woods, Madden, and Kameo inbetween stints of playing Final Fantasy Online....I'm a MMORPGer at heart.

Oh, and one of the best FPS for computers is Return To Castle Wolfenstein!

Bar

I'm assuming you mean PS3 since PS2 has been out since October 2000 :P

And I'd wait for both. The current generation of 360's seems to have a real problem with reading any kind of disc and it's due for a price drop in a month or two. So if you want to go the 360 route, get one in March or April. Microsoft will have fixed all the problems (the same way Sony re-released PS2's in early 2001 because of the huge DRE problem) and it will be a little cheaper. And I'd wait for the PS3 to hit a couple price drops before you get it. The MSRP is expected to be between 800-1000 US dollars on launch day so unless you're absolutely rich, I'd wait it out. I, personally, can't wait for the Revolution. Downloadable games from all generations, a huge support for online play (Miyamoto has finally seen the light) and the new controller has so much potential, it's obscene.

he's talking about the nintendo revolution., it has the downloadable games.

Yep. You can download games from the NES, SNES and N64. And it will be backwards compatible so GC games are playable on it too so that means just about every console game Nintendo has had will be playable. Now they're just trying to acquire third-party licenses to extend the library. Miyamoto is Shigeru Miyamoto. Pretty much the leader of Nintendo and the mind behind games like Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong. Nintendo has had an annoying stance on online gaming the past few years but they've changed their mind for the Revolution. I can't wait to play a Super Smash Bros. game online.

And the $800-$1000 rumor is pretty much rampant in hardcore gamerland. Sites like gamespot and IGN have reported thats where it will probably be. The lowest it's expected to reach is $600. I want to get all 3 systems actually so it's just a matter of when to buy them all. I'll get my rebate cheque from the goverment so that should cover the $200 pre-order for the Revolution (it's gonna be renamed, most likely at E3. Revolution is still just it's codename. Everyone really likes it though so it might not change, hopefully) and can pay for half the 360 once it goes to down to about $400. Wait a year for the PS3 and it'll probably be about $400-500. But $500 is the most I'd pay for a system. Even $600 is asinine for a system.

Maca, describe this Battlefield, or whatever it is to me. I might be curious to get it and play (and lose to) you online. I miss online gaming. Just got my HL2. OH MY DROOL. Wowzers. AOE3 looks like another I'll consider. Gotta love Best Buy gift certificates for Christmas. :D

I had to forget about gaming years ago because my old computer was crap. Now I got a new machine and I'm getting back into it.

I'm old school like Kerp. Big Civ fan. Diablo, Warcraft & Starcraft were faves too. I'm rotating between Civ 4 and Warcraft 3 right now. Both are awesome.

I want to get Battlefield 2 as well, heard it was great but I've never been much of a FPS player except for the old Doom and Quake 2. There's also Guild Wars that is supposed to be awesome.

GET BF2! It's truly awesome. I've been playing it quite a lot. I tried AOE3 for about 20 min, but got bored and went back to BF2... because it's just that good!

Some cool stuff about it is that you can now play in "Squads". This allows you to join a team of up to 6 players and play co-op together. It's a great aspect... especially if there's some helicopters... because you're squad leader becomes a spawn point on the map, so if you die, and he's alive... wham, you come back right by his side!

If you want more info, check out the site!

(Side note: You gain rank as you keep playing and getting points. And it keeps all your stats as well. There are also unlockable weapons... and you've got to reach a certain amount of points to unlock them.)