Nov. 29, Sabres vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

The Sharks are hilarious right now. I haven't seen so much talent do so little in a long time. Probably not since the 01-02 New York Rangers.

that will happen to a team that is built to win..................yet loses every year for ten years when it matters most

That's Joe Thornton for you. He's clearly stated that if it were he that scored 4 goals in a game, he'd pull out his pud and whack off in front of 20,000 fans. Real class act

thats explains Joe. What about the rest of them. D must be playing horrible. Goaltending? Have not watched them play a full game this season.

Guest Stogey24

That's Joe Thornton for you. He's clearly stated that if it were he that scored 4 goals in a game, he'd pull out his pud and whack off in front of 20,000 fans. Real class act

It was a joke, relax.

I really, really liked the Sharks back in 03-04. That was Damphousse's last year so I adopted the Sharks as my west team. Marleau was my favourite player back then because of the Sharks games I watched. The team then had a ton of potential. Post-lockout Damphousse retired and they brought in Joe Thornton. I hated Jumbo Joe. Damphousse led the team in the playoffs in scoring and game winning goals. Thornton played post-season games like it was December regular season games. He could still score or get a good pass to Cheechoo but I never saw anything extra from him.

In 08-09, they decided the problem was Wilson and fired him as coach. They brought in Claude Lemieux and Jeremy Roenick for a veteran bump. It did nothing. Thornton continued to lead the team in scoring but never in leadership. 09-10 they bring in Dany Heatley which made the team even easier to dislike. I kept hoping Marleau would leave. I liked Marleau still. 2010-2011 it was decided that goaltending must be the problem and Nabokov was replaced by Niemi. It has pretty much been the same team since. Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski have developed into superstars and it should be their team but instead they keep "comfy" Joe and Marleau on the team. There's zero ability to recognize it's time to go with a new core. Imagine the return they'd get for Thornton and Marleau, even today. Both have over 20 points at under $7M per season. Instead they keep them around because Doug Wilson built an amazing team on paper and hasn't quite figured out how to take it from the paper and make it something great.

Last postseason should have been their 2008-2009 Habs season. The eye opener that it was time to flip the core. Instead it's there baking in the sun.

(I'd still take Marleau and trade big for him in a New York minute.)

I think I've read somewhere that Big Joe refuses to wave is NTC at any cost. Might be wrong.

Anyway, I wish all 30 owners would use secret collusion and restrain their GMs to accept or propose any NMC or NTC. Like forever.

I probably would too so what?

I think I've read somewhere that Big Joe refuses to wave is NTC at any cost. Might be wrong.

Anyway, I wish all 30 owners would use secret collusion and restrain their GMs to accept or propose any NMC or NTC. Like forever.

All the coach has to do is staple Thornton to the bench for a couple games. Don't healthy scratch. Make him suit up and then sit all game. He'd waive by game three.