Nov. 29, Sabres vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

omg, get off DD's knob

OK, DD sucks, he is the worst hockey player in the history of the game, Pacioretty is a 90-goal scorer being held back by this guy who can never get him the puck, Therrien is the worst coach ever to don a suit, the Habs brass are blithering idiots compared to your surpassing hockey wisdom, and the Easter Bunny is real. Happy now?

Habs 30/31: as usual I am a lot less pessimistic than you. :D Never say never. You might remember that the Habs once won the Cup with Jean Perron as head coach

Well, I addressed this argument in other recent threads and haven't changed my mind. While I don't think it's holy writ that Pacioretty has to play with his preferred centreman, the guy is a proven 40-goal scorer playing with DD. That gives, and indeed ought to give, that duo the benefit of the doubt. Unless we think Patches has it in him to be on a par with Stamkos, it's a bit crazy to position Desharnais as this anchor holding him down.

Last year when they slumped, Therrien tried breaking them up. It didn't work and Pacioretty was vocal about his desire to work with DD to pull each other out of the slump. They were reunited and proceeded to terrorize the league for the next 60 games. Therrien, I'm quite sure, remembers this and it is probably informing his thought process right about now.

Eller has the hockey sense of a stanchion and would be a dubious choice as Patches' C.

I agree with this 100%. I would not break up Patches and DD, maybe Tangradi could play with them? He adds muscles and wants to go to the front of the net.

OK, DD sucks, he is the worst hockey player in the history of the game, Pacioretty is a 90-goal scorer being held back by this guy who can never get him the puck, Therrien is the worst coach ever to don a suit, the Habs brass are blithering idiots compared to your surpassing hockey wisdom, and the Easter Bunny is real. Happy now?

CC I am not sure about the Easter Bunny. :)

This isn't a great team, it is a good team still missing a few pieces. MT is doing a pretty good job with what he has to work with.

I am not convinced we would be a Stanley cup shoo in with another coach. Add a sniper and maybe a true 3/4 defenceman and who knows. We could probably use a true power forward too.

By the way, in the last three years, Babcock has 76 wins, 49 losses. Therrien has 91 wins, 39 losses.

Now I suppose we have a better team then Detroit, but i see no evidence that Babcock would have made a significant difference in our record. Remember, he is the guy who wouldn't even have PK on the bench as the seventh D because he didn't play defensive enough...

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I'd honestly give Pac-DD-Tangradi a quick look. Tangradi's goal scoring in the AHL and Junior didn't transition over to the NHL level, but he does have decent hands... When a team is desperate to score goals you need to start mixing guys up and find another spark.

I'd honestly give Pac-DD-Tangradi a quick look. Tangradi's goal scoring in the AHL and Junior didn't transition over to the NHL level, but he does have decent hands... When a team is desperate to score goals you need to start mixing guys up and find another spark.

I like Tangradi. Tangradi can skate and play physically. Huge upgrade on Bowman and dare I say Bournival.

Habs 30/31: as usual I am a lot less pessimistic than you. :D Never say never. You might remember that the Habs once won the Cup with Jean Perron as head coach

yes and Patrick Roy in net with Chelly, Robinson, Gainey Nazlund, Smith, Richer, Lemieux .............how many norris and con smythe trophies among those hall of famers?? You could have coached that team. Also the habs had 9 contributing rookies on that team..........MT would not have played any of them. :rofl:

:cry_smile: Coach-T decisions are stupid, his hat size is bigger than Subban's, wont play rookies...what good is he!

We should be winning more & better with this powerful lineup and all those All-Star forwards like Pacioretty and..... :blush:

We should still be filling the net and be tied for #1 in NHL standings after 25 games. :wall:

Guest Stogey24

with the way our oldass d are playing, we'd more than likely have to fill the nets offensively. I think the next 20 games will find us dropping off and out of the top 10. just a hunch.

I think if this team can stay healthy they should be able to hang around the top, but the D core is something that I'm unsure of too.

with the way our oldass d are playing, we'd more than likely have to fill the nets offensively. I think the next 20 games will find us dropping off and out of the top 10. just a hunch.

Right now there are 6 teams tied for 1st in the nhl with 34 points. We are one of them, we just blew a golden opportunity to be free and clear in 1st but we can beat the as who have a lot of injuries and just keep pushing forward.

:cry_smile: Coach-T decisions are stupid, his hat size is bigger than Subban's, wont play rookies...what good is he!

We should be winning more & better with this powerful lineup and all those All-Star forwards like Pacioretty and..... :blush:

We should still be filling the net and be tied for #1 in NHL standings after 25 games. :wall:

ha! same guys that use to the term "to small a sample a size" and "its too early" on the other hand, rave about habs place in the standings as if they are in first after 65 games. :hyper:

Right now there are 6 teams tied for 1st in the nhl with 34 points. We are one of them, we just blew a golden opportunity to be free and clear in 1st but we can beat the as who have a lot of injuries and just keep pushing forward.

Yes, it looks like the habs are about to drop. Losing back to back to the sabres should humble them, which is always good. However, it kind of confirms the whispers around the league that they are not as good as their record indicates. Put it this way, nobody fears playing this team. They have beat some good teams (blues,bruins,wings) and have been beaten by some cellar dweller, Mcdavid chasers (oilers, sabres) Not to mention the league leading blow out losses and shut losses. Add to that the fact that they are a soft team. So it does not get easier. Also I do not see them as a team capable of greatly improving their play as the season progresses. More like a team that will have trouble living up to the quick start. In other words MT and his coaching staff have little to offer in a strategy, or to jell into some well oiled machine (they cant even address a sputtering powerplay that has been amazingly, consistently, (identical) bad for twenty-five straight games) Points to a coaching staff not known for talented adjustment skills. Thank the lord for Price or this team is not even top 8 after 82.

I suspect this week will tell us a lot about our Habs. Avs are no easy 2 pts..Wild will be difficult..the Blackhawks are the m-f'n real deal..and then going into Dallas the next night? Whoa..brace yourselves, folks

should be a fun, entertaining, challanging road trip for sure, as will the X-mas/New Year road trip, exciting challanging December coming up!

Get your popcorn ready! :popcorn:

Yes, it looks like the habs are about to drop. Losing back to back to the sabres should humble them, which is always good. However, it kind of confirms the whispers around the league that they are not as good as their record indicates. Put it this way, nobody fears playing this team. They have beat some good teams (blues,bruins,wings) and have been beaten by some cellar dweller, Mcdavid chasers (oilers, sabres) Not to mention the league leading blow out losses and shut losses. Add to that the fact that they are a soft team. So it does not get easier. Also I do not see them as a team capable of greatly improving their play as the season progresses. More like a team that will have trouble living up to the quick start. In other words MT and his coaching staff have little to offer in a strategy, or to jell into some well oiled machine (they cant even address a sputtering powerplay that has been amazingly, consistently, (identical) bad for twenty-five straight games) Points to a coaching staff not known for talented adjustment skills. Thank the lord for Price or this team is not even top 8 after 82.

Get the f.. out of here, why you so down on team now? You were so upbeat up till now, seems so out of character! :(

Get the f.. out of here, why you so down on team now? You were so upbeat up till now, seems so out of character! :(

:)

should be a fun, entertaining, challanging road trip for sure, as will the X-mas/New Year road trip, exciting challanging December coming up!

Get your popcorn ready! :popcorn:

Wouldn't hurt to have a couple of bottles of whiskey on hand. Just in case.

lol. I am not alone Don.

Still up beat though. As i have said the habs are over achieving. Thats positive is it not?

lol. I am not alone Don.

Still up beat though. As i have said the habs are over achieving. Thats positive is it not?

Crap no, I know you arnt alone.

And glad you are upbeat; but if so, hate to hear it you when you are really disappointed :P

GHG