Annual Habs Top Shelf Prospect Report

Commandant

• 3 weeks later...

I think putting Lindgren in the fallers category is too harsh considering it's not his performance that has him there but rather Montoya's signing. Prospects should move up and down rankings primarily based on their play, not other factors. (I'd also argue that at no time was Lindgren realistically in the #2 behind Price conversation; they played him last year for a game as a condition of the contract, not because they viewed him as the backup for Price this year.) He was going to be in the minors no matter what so Montoya's addition should have no bearing on his placement/ranking.

I think putting Lindgren in the fallers category is too harsh considering it's not his performance that has him there but rather Montoya's signing. Prospects should move up and down rankings primarily based on their play, not other factors. (I'd also argue that at no time was Lindgren realistically in the #2 behind Price conversation; they played him last year for a game as a condition of the contract, not because they viewed him as the backup for Price this year.) He was going to be in the minors no matter what so Montoya's addition should have no bearing on his placement/ranking.

I agree he shouldn't be a "faller"

What the Montoya signing does though is push him from the AHL potentially to the ECHL, with Condon, Fucale, and Lindgren all potentially fighting for 2 spots in the AHL.

What the Montoya signing does though is push him from the AHL potentially to the ECHL, with Condon, Fucale, and Lindgren all potentially fighting for 2 spots in the AHL.

I have Lindgren starting in the ECHL this year just to maximize his playing time. Honestly, I'd have been leaning towards sending him there even without Montoya signing just so that both prospects get a #1 workload. This is how I'd break down the three headed goalie monster: http://www.habsworld.net/2016/07/st-johns-potential-goalie-logjam/

I got a feeling if Lindgren starts in the ECHL, him and Fucale will probably switch places half way.

It wouldn't be a bad thing. Whoever starts down there will need to get some AHL time and while that prospect is up, it's better to play the other in Brampton than have him on the bench in St. John's.