Pacioretty for Captain

Davehab

IMO, Max is totally in the lead for that captaincy.

Sorry Subban.

Agreed! MaxPac has matured alot over the last few years and he is our leading scorer. He deserves the C next season!

Here's what I want:

Montreal announces that the captain of the team is Carey Price. The four A's stay the same. The only change is that instead of Pacioretty and Subban switching home and road it's Plekanec and Markov that switch home and road. Patches and Subban are A's for every game.

If Montreal wins the Stanley Cup? Carey Price will be engraved as CAPT. He doesn't have to wear a letter or talk to the referees on calls. He's the captain and everyone knows it. He can add a letter to his mask like Luongo did but that's up to him. If the Habs win the Cup, Carey is captain. If a call has to be disputed on the ice, one of the alternates can do it.

I don't feel Pacioretty or Subban are better candidates for leader of the team when Carey Price is the heart of the club.

Didn't Vancouver try that once with Luongo?

Anyway, while Carey Price may be the impenetrable core that moves this team from OK to great, he does so by being quiet, unassuming, unemotional, and supremely focused. Pacioretty is showing the daily passion, heart, and on-ice two-way example that a captain needs to set for the rest of the roster. Max deserves it.

Goalies as captain :thumbs_down:

4 A's are fine.

For discussions sake on a slow hockey day, a case could be made all four A's .......Markov, Pleks, Subban, Pacs all have attributes where it would not be the wrong call to make anyone of them captain. But having all four represent the leadership role of a captain equally. looks to be a very nice arrangement. Another good call by MB.

Do not want to see Price as captain at all. I was wavering more towards Subban before the start of the year, but Max has come on strong so far and is establishing himself as the leader on the ice. However, there is still a ton of hockey left to be played before they name the captain. I want to see what happens in the playoffs when the games really mean something to see who emerges.

One things I'll give subban is that he steps it up in the playoffs without question. I'm not sure about Pacioretty yet (in the playoffs). That being said, right now I'd make patches the C.

Who would you rotate as A's once a captain is named?

No rotation. As of Next year I'd name MadMax as Captain, and Markov and Subban as Assistants.

Agreed! MaxPac has matured alot over the last few years and he is our leading scorer. He deserves the C next season!

A case could be made for the other 3 as well. What I like about the current arrangement is that there are no noses out of joint. Everyone seems to work together, and the room is apparently a really close room. Why create a situation where someone gets pissed off cause Patches is Captain? It will sort itself out in the next few years, as people leave and the dynamics change. I am not saying that Patches wouldn't make a good Captain, but the 4 of them make a really good team.

A case could be made for the other 3 as well. What I like about the current arrangement is that there are no noses out of joint. Everyone seems to work together, and the room is apparently a really close room. Why create a situation where someone gets pissed off cause Patches is Captain? It will sort itself out in the next few years, as people leave and the dynamics change. I am not saying that Patches wouldn't make a good Captain, but the 4 of them make a really good team.

Yep. Case could be made for all four. Cant decide? Then let the players vote or leave it as is.