Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Florida | 03/02/06

Spider-Man NL

montreal200.gifvssmall2.gifflorida200.gif

montreal50.gif26-22-8 : 62 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

florida50.gif23-27-8 : 54 Points (13th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (7-5-3), 2.41 GAA montreal50.gif

florida50.gif# 1 Roberto Luongo (23-23-8), 2.98 GAA1050.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Panthers Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Plekanec - Zednik

Downey - Bonk - Begin

d.jpg

Souray - Dandenault

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Komisarek

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 1st, 2005:florida50.gif4 montreal50.gif5

Nov. 11th, 2005:florida50.gif3 montreal50.gif4 OT

Dec. 30th, 2005:montreal50.gif1 florida50.gif2

4493_3.jpg

oly_full.53440926jm014_isles_habs.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm Eastern on

logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it BTH, let's see some more intesity and some more great goaltending by Mr. Huet.

Who knows what good things may come if we win this game. I don't know if anyone else saw the rumor that John Davidson said that if we win, We get JOkinen for a package including Zednik.

Anyways, I say we win anyways. 4 Point game, and we're nipping at the "heels" of TBay and NJ

Who knows what good things may come if we win this game. I don't know if anyone else saw the rumor that John Davidson said that if we win, We get JOkinen for a package including Zednik.

??? That sounds somewhat weird. Where was this said?

You got it BTH, let's see some more intesity and some more great goaltending by Mr. Huet.

Anyways, I say we win anyways. 4 Point game, and we're nipping at the "heels" of TBay and NJ

Wow and they could throw in Luongo perhaps? Just as decoration ? eh??

??? That sounds somewhat weird. Where was this said?

It was said on the Fan 590....

I also saw discussion of it on another forum.

I thought it was an extremely odd thing to say, he basically implied that that game is the make or break, maybe thinking that if they get to 10 points behind the habs it's too much and Florida will start sellling.

Very confusing to me. and JD isn't usually one to spread false rumors, but someone can correct me if that's not true, also thought it was strange b/c if it's to focus on the crowd it's weird that it was on a TO station.

ANyways, I like to dream that BG will make a splash

Hey! I get to be the 1st GO HABS GO!er.

Neat!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

hope the kitties won't do us what they did to the bolts :unsure:

about a shutout to boost our confidence even more.

I may not be the first to say GO HABS GO but I'll be the first to say that komisarek will score his first goal :lol:

3-0 mtl

Well, let's hope we play a good solid game, and come out on top... I imagine the panthers are still tired from scoring all those goals the other night...

GO HABS GO!

:hlogo:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4828

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Panthers

SUNRISE – After a 17-day break for the Olympics, the Canadiens picked up right where they left off in their return to action Tuesday night, holding off the Islanders for a 5-3 victory. With the win, Bob Gainey’s troops earned at least a point for a sixth straight game and currently hold a two-point lead in the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference.

The Canadiens are making their second stop on their six game road trip tonight as they face Florida. The Panthers, back on home ice for the first time since Feb. 3, took a bite into their first post-Olympic matchup on Tuesday with an 8-2 rout over the Tampa Bay Lightning; they currently sit in 13th place with 54 points. Jacques Martin’s squad’s offensive outburst set a new team record for most goals on opposing ice.

Tonight is the final meeting of the season between the Canadiens and Panthers. Both clubs have won on home ice, with the Montreal recording 4-3 and 5-4 wins at the Bell Centre back in Nov. 1 and Nov. 15, respectively; Florida won the last meeting on Dec. 30 at BankAtlantic Center and has not lost to the Canadiens at home since March 12, 2003.

No rest? No problem: Following their heartbreaking loss to Sweden Sunday in Turin, Finland’s Saku Koivu and Olli Jokinen were both back in action Tuesday night, with neither showing any signs of fatigue. The Olympic teammates each registered three assists in their respective games, with Koivu earning three assists while Jokinen scored two goals and added an assist.

Recipe for success: In both of their games on Tuesday, the Canadiens and Panthers each notched three power-play goals, a factor in the wins for both clubs. Montreal has now tallied at least two goals with the man advantage in 16 games this season and has suffered just one loss in regulation in those contests, with a 14-1-1 record. Florida, for its part, has had similar success, scoring at least two power-play markers for the 11th time this season to improve to 8-0-3 in those games.

4828_1.jpg

Mike Ribeiro and the Canadiens will be looking to pad their lead on the final playoff spot against the Panthers.

A saku Koivu goal with 4" left in the third, thats fine by me.

Bonne chance Cristo!

Go, Habs, go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

OKay Okay... this is it... I REALLLLYYYY mean it this time.

Komisarek's gonna score tonight!

Promise.

Komi will NOT score tonight! *jinx*

Maybe Saku will tell him the rumour and he'll play extra bad tonight so that he can join the habs for a playoff run.

I'll be interested to see what develops because JD is very respected and I've personally never heard him splattering non-exsitent rumors for the sake of it.

I didn't hear it, but from what you guys are saying i feel that J.D was just referring to JOK being available to anyone bcause Florida would be falling from the playoff race. It was a joke. I feel your excitement, but in no way did it make me feel like it was this big Montreal, Florida rumor.

Go Habs Go

I didn't hear it, but from what you guys are saying i feel that J.D was just referring to JOK being available to anyone bcause Florida would be falling from the playoff race. It was a joke. I feel your excitement, but in no way did it make me feel like it was this big Montreal, Florida rumor.

Go Habs Go

What he said, was that if Montreal wins the game against FLorida tonight, then they have a deal in place to send a package including Zednik to Florida for Jokinen.

What he said, was that if Montreal wins the game against FLorida tonight, then they have a deal in place to send a package including Zednik to Florida for Jokinen.

OHHHHHHHHH...I got you!...............That would be a steal.....now I'm so excited my heads blowing off!!!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding I didn't catch the zednik part.....