Suprising Moves in SJ

Fanpuck33

it's a slap in the face. If the move was done to kick their butts, I like. other than that, I just don't see why.

they're 1st year players... they're very susceptible to this kind of 'career change'.

GO :hlogo: GO!

they're 1st year players... they're very susceptible to this kind of 'career change'.

Not when they are leading your team. Bernier is their 4th leading scorer and Carle is their 6th leading scorer, wiht more points than any of the teams oterh D-men. And their +/- numbers aren't bad either, with veterans like Hannan, Thornton, and Cheechoo all having far worse +/- than either player. This is a very strange move, indeed.

Not when they are leading your team. Bernier is their 4th leading scorer and Carle is their 6th leading scorer, wiht more points than any of the teams oterh D-men. And their +/- numbers aren't bad either, with veterans like Hannan, Thornton, and Cheechoo all having far worse +/- than either player. This is a very strange move, indeed.

i wasn't aware of those stats...

i have to agree with you, in this case... maybe something is in the planning...

it could also be after that 8 to 0 loss vs the Yotes... those two sucked among others ... so it could be a trade and if that falls through... just a wake up call that does not involve trades nor waivering! cheap and effective!

it could also be after that 8 to 0 loss vs the Yotes... those two sucked among others ... so it could be a trade and if that falls through... just a wake up call that does not involve trades nor waivering! cheap and effective!

Very good point I forgot about that I am sure you can not blame that loss on rookies but it certainly send a message.

I quite often visit a Penguins message board, and over at that board there has been a lot of discussion the last couple of years about young players like MA Fleury and most recently Staal (can't remember his first name, is it Jordan?). Without having checked any stats on these Sharks players I don't know what the case is with them, but apparently, if I've understood things right, players get over a "hump" when they play their 39th career regular season game (or there around) which entitle them to contract perks (bigger paycheck, can't be sent down to the minors for the rest of the season). People at the Pens board were hoping depserately (and for good reason IMO) that the Pens were going to keep Staal with the big team and not send him to Wilkes-Barre Scranton just because they need to save a few bucks. Perhaps there is something similar going on with these Sharks?

People at the Pens board were hoping depserately (and for good reason IMO) that the Pens were going to keep Staal with the big team and not send him to Wilkes-Barre Scranton just because they need to save a few bucks. Perhaps there is something similar going on with these Sharks?

Not true at all. Staal is under 20 years old, he can't be sent to the AHL.

I really can't fathom sending a message to the team like this when guys like Marleau and Cheechoo were just as bad that game. If you really want to send a message, scratch Marleau for a game. Demoting two of your top six scorers just confuses people.

Not true at all. Staal is under 20 years old, he can't be sent to the AHL.
Well, his junior team then...