Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 01/13/07

Spider-Man NL

have the tv on but not watching no more!

Im not the kind to react crazylike... but deep inside I want Gainey to pull the trigger after this...

its not a fluke game its our level presently! the sens go to the net and dont stop working WE dont go to the net or get there late and we DO stop working!

Gainey may your finger be on the button!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cease to surprise me. I was expecting this kind of remark, lol. That's why I said it would be absolutely krazy.

Still, anything would be nyce to get that 2nd line going, and that's really my point.

7-2 Ottawa... I think it would be a great time to experiment. ;)

There is a difference between experimenting and doing something as terrible as that. Hell lets put Huet on the second line and put Streit in goal, he plays every other position why not goal too?

Carbo wont even separate Kovalev and Samsonov do you think he is gonna put our best d-man on center? WAKE UP!

Note to Gainey...

Notice how the sens got Comrie, who was struggling, but he has turned it around and his team is on fire again?

Perhaps it is finally time to reach out and get that second line center for this team. They simply are not good enough.

In 5 games, I suspect they will be in about 7th place in the east, maybe 6th. Its the annual mid year slump.

And just like that... it's 8-2.

Reminds me of games against Carolina on countless occasions.

At least now we know it wasn't all Huet's fault. (Though, I think we knew that already.)

I wanted 9-0 when it was 4-0 then when it became 6-0 I demanded 14-0 so 14 2 is fine with me!

What irks me was the Senators celebrating the flukey 8th goal. I hope the Habs continue to run all the Ottawa players...the game is over...you might as well teach them a lesson.

:wall:

what a huge disapointment... i dont think i can bare to watch the 3rd period.

hockey day in canada.. blahhhhhhhhh

terrible...

hoping the lambs kicks in soon cuz the way the habs are playing its depressing.

where's the fight to try and spark the team? .. where's the big hits?

:puke: :puke: :puke:

What irks me was the Senators celebrating the flukey 8th goal. I hope the Habs continue to run all the Ottawa players...the game is over...you might as well teach them a lesson.

I agree, I loved Komisarek's hit that he got called for an elbow on....Well it was debatable whether that was a penalty or not, but it was beautiful to watch. And then right after that Neil got all pissed, tried to hit Souray and got knocked on his ass. That was great.

Why not build on the lead if you were the sens?

They were in the hole...They need this game for confidence...

I hope Guy Plays the 4th line a lot this 3rd period...Ive decided to watch the 3rd...but if i hear that annoying horn one more time Im going to break something...This game is really getting on my nerves...I could have probably strapped up as a MTL D and could have played better...I'm not kidding

There is a difference between experimenting and doing something as terrible as that. Hell lets put Huet on the second line and put Streit in goal, he plays every other position why not goal too?

Carbo wont even separate Kovalev and Samsonov do you think he is gonna put our best d-man on center? WAKE UP!

Hold on here. You're telling me that putting out best defenseman on a line that desperately needs a defensive presence is terrible? Did you even know that Markov started playing hockey as a center?

Anyway, I never said it would be full time, but rather something to jumpstart some offense. Now that the game is 8-2 I don't see a point, but at 6-2, at least there's a slight chance.

By the way, putting a defenseman who at least once played center in his career isn't as absurd as your exaggerated response of Huet as a forward and Streit as a goalie. Get a life man. Don't waste your time here taking your anger out on me.

Maybe they're missing Begin more than we imagined. This whole slump started when he was got injured...

I hadnt thought of that, and its a good point. We're missing that energy guy to get the team going.

The energy seems to be there today though, its the mental mistakes. And i think we are getting outcoached. Carbo needed to find an answer to that forecheck.

Maybe the defense have been drinking from Rivet's water bottle? I think they caught whatever he has.

To be fair, every bounce is going the Sens way tonight making it look worse then it is. That said, they lost this by not showing up to play in the first again.

This team needs to make a trade, get a decent center and toss off some of the spare parts. Some guys just look to comfortable out there.

Sens - 4 goals on 8 shots in that period.

I noticed that too. Makes you wonder .He shows great leadership with his actions on the ice.

Well what's killing the Habs is the breakdowns... phases during the game where they lose focus and cohesion; either because the game is in a deadlock or because of a bad break (lot of penalties). That's a lack of character, a lack of leadership. Guys with leadership will rally the troups or step up during those phases. That's not what has happened lately. Instead when those phases happens the guys just seems to be thrown off their game or get down on themselves.

Start benching a few players and bring Kosty and Grabs back, they should inject the team with some drive. If that doesnt do it start shopping for a trade before this situation costs us a season.

By the way, putting a defenseman who at least once played center in his career isn't as absurd as your exaggerated response of Huet as a forward and Streit as a goalie. Get a life man. Don't waste your time here taking your anger out on me.

It is absurd and doing things that stupid wont help this team at all, doing intelligent moves will. He might have been a center 6 or 7 years ago but he isnt that player anymore. Let it go, if you are gonna post a bunch of garbage at a time like this expect an equal response.

Note to Gainey...

Notice how the sens got Comrie, who was struggling, but he has turned it around and his team is on fire again?

Perhaps it is finally time to reach out and get that second line center for this team. They simply are not good enough.

In 5 games, I suspect they will be in about 7th place in the east, maybe 6th. Its the annual mid year slump.

I think the day is drawing near

Start benching a few players and bring Kosty and Grabs back, they should inject the team with some drive. If that doesnt do it start shopping for a trade before this situation costs us a season.

It is absurd and doing things that stupid wont help this team at all, doing intelligent moves will. He might have been a center 6 or 7 years ago but he isnt that player anymore. Let it go, if you are gonna post a bunch of garbage at a time like this expect an equal response.

I'm not one to involve myself in flame wars, but obviously you want one.

If you disagree, fine. I have no problem hearing the reasons why it wouldn't work, but saying it would be the same as Huet as a player and Streit as a goalie is something else.

I know this team as well as anyone who doesn't work with or around the team, so I don't feel I'm spewing garbage about.

I would have fully respected your reply had you said something about the fact that it would create a huge whole on our blue-line or that Mike Komisarek's play would suffer because of it or Markov would be unhappy with the move. I'm well aware of these things. But how good has our defense been tonight anyway?

The team has 8 defensemen on the roster, even if Niinimaa isn't playing, it wouldn't be a complete depletion to our blue-line.

Whatever, I'm done with this. You can continue to call it stupid and spit on the idea all you want, but that wont grant you the respect a constructive argument would have.

anyone else think streit has played pretty consistent and well lately?

Love Streit... it defines the new 7th Dman... playing all the games just in case

trade the extra ballast Bobby! and lets get the not so kids in Hamilton up here and then go after the MENACING centreman that will make that Russian line worthy of the HABS