june 9th 1993

MAK

I've got he entire last game on VHS! one of my prized tapes... Recorded live off CBC; Still remember the moment we won! Was a crazy liberating feeling; I knew then that from that day on I could rub our victory in the face of all my friends and family who are LEAF fans!

Oh! Glorious Cup! oh! wonderful victory...

GO HABS GO!

I've got he entire last game on VHS! one of my prized tapes... Recorded live off CBC; Still remember the moment we won! Was a crazy liberating feeling; I knew then that from that day on I could rub our victory in the face of all my friends and family who are LEAF fans!

Oh! Glorious Cup! oh! wonderful victory...

GO HABS GO!

a friend of mine also as it on tape, we watched it last year. we also watched the 1st game in the molson center. somewhere in the 3rd period, I don't remember who but one of the 2 broadcasters( pedneault or quenneville) let a huge burp !!we almost peed our pants, LOL

I've got he entire last game on VHS! one of my prized tapes... Recorded live off CBC; Still remember the moment we won!
Same here. I transfered it to my DVD recorder about a year ago, so now I have it on DVD. \m/

I remember staying up all night watching the games. What I remember most from the Cup Finals games, aside from Game 5 of course, is game 2 when Desjardins scored a hat trick. Only time something good came out of Marty McSorley's illeagal stickwork. ^_^

ADD: Heart-warming to see the Rocket there in the crowd.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I have a bottle opener that plays the last 10 or 15 seconds of Game 5 everytime you use it, including crowd noise and Cole's call of "The Canadiens win the Stanley Cup." Gives me chills everytime.

Ive always wanted a DVD recap of the whole playoffs but ive never found one. Anyone know any info on that?

I have a bottle opener that plays the last 10 or 15 seconds of Game 5 everytime you use it, including crowd noise and Cole's call of "The Canadiens win the Stanley Cup." Gives me chills everytime.

Ive always wanted a DVD recap of the whole playoffs but ive never found one. Anyone know any info on that?

Hahaha! I have that one also. My dad picked it up somewhere.

I'm definitely going to have to find time to watch that game. (Won't be hard to do)

I have a VHS recap of the whole playoffs. Found it in the bargain bin at Best Buy here in Columbus a few years ago. Who'd have thought?

I was there that night.

Also there for Game 2 (the McSorley stick).

Never have I swung so high from so low as on the night of Game 2 when Desjardins scored the tying goal.

Beautiful. I get goose-bumps watching that. :hlogo:

Very nice. I'm sure I watched it but it's all a blur to me now. I do remember Denis Savard holding up the cup in his street clothes. That was a trade the Habs would like to forget as well. Chelios should have been a habs for life.

Unfortunately Chelios was at odds with management and wanted out at that time if memory serves me correct. Truth be told though, his subsequent behaviour off the ice gives me reason for no regrets over that deal. Trading Chelios at that time was an example of one of those deals you need to make regardless of what some fans might think. Savard himself performed well and didn't hurt the habs's, but the long term situation was certainly affected negatively by that one..... no doubt about that!

Unfortunately Chelios was at odds with management and wanted out at that time if memory serves me correct. Truth be told though, his subsequent behaviour off the ice gives me reason for no regrets over that deal. Trading Chelios at that time was an example of one of those deals you need to make regardless of what some fans might think. Savard himself performed well and didn't hurt the habs's, but the long term situation was certainly affected negatively by that one..... no doubt about that!

Much like Patrick Roy they should have gotten more in return. Losing those two guys for Savard, Kovalenko, Rucinsky, and Thibault arguably damaged this club for almost a decade. Its only starting to recover over the last 3 to 4 years or so. The Dejardins/ Leclair deal hurt alot as well

Hook up your VCR and/or Cam to your PC's composite input (you need a video card with capture capabilities. s-video, video inputs, etc.) and run Virtualdub (google it up). Connect your audio to your sound card, hit play on your cam, hit record in virtual dub, start capturing the video. You'll need several gigs as raw video piles up the gigabytes rather quickly.

Compress to DivX, again with Virtualdub and latest DivX codec, and voilà!

Send me a private message if you wanted a more detailled walkthrough.

Don't know exactly what you mean by his off ice behaviour but I do know that he went on to be an integral part of a very successful Detroit franchise while Denis Savard faded into obscurity with the Habs. To think what this team could have accomplished if they had kept Chelios, Roy and Leclair together saddens me but some things are not meant to be.

Hook up your VCR and/or Cam to your PC's composite input (you need a video card with capture capabilities. s-video, video inputs, etc.) and run Virtualdub (google it up). Connect your audio to your sound card, hit play on your cam, hit record in virtual dub, start capturing the video. You'll need several gigs as raw video piles up the gigabytes rather quickly.

Compress to DivX, again with Virtualdub and latest DivX codec, and voilà!

Send me a private message if you wanted a more detailled walkthrough.

I did it by hooking my VCR up to my DVD recorder. I hit play on the VCR and record on the DVD. Everything was recorded on the harddrive. I edited out intermissions and commercial breaks and then burned it onto a DVD disc.

Since the source material was a 13 year old video tape, the image quality obviously wasn't the best, but nevertheless...