~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

One knock against halo, you don't have to kill everything to finish a level. i remember in halo 2 of just running through levels.

Also works in Halo 3.. which definitely came in handy on Legendary. :D

I agree that there are strategic elements to Halo as well, but for the most part, they are different from R6. The games I played were non-respawn, and the majority of Halo is respawn-o-rama. IMO, I think it takes less strategy if you get multiple chance/lives. Or perhaps that's just a new, different type of strategy.

We should definitely get some 4 on 4 LIVE action going on.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost finished with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I'm on the last level and plan on performing the tast required to unlock the "secret" final mission. After that, I've pretty much played through all the games I own (on easy). So I'll have to kill some time until Christmas...

Maybe I'll play some GoW online or even get my race on with Forza 2 (though, I hate that game) :P

Almost finished with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I'm on the last level and plan on performing the tast required to unlock the "secret" final mission. After that, I've pretty much played through all the games I own (on easy). So I'll have to kill some time until Christmas...

Maybe I'll play some GoW online or even get my race on with Forza 2 (though, I hate that game) :P

Christmas can't come soon enough for you mahn. :P

Halo is a lot of fun. Multiplayer is a blast and the online co-op is so much fun, especially with all the skulls activated. Then Call of Duty 4 came out and it is SO good that I haven't played Halo since. I play COD 4 everyday, best shooter ever made so far.

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu

Halo is a lot of fun. Multiplayer is a blast and the online co-op is so much fun, especially with all the skills activated. Then Call of Duty 4 came out and it is SO good that I haven't played Halo since. I play COD 4 everyday, best shooter ever made so far.

I got COD4 for the computer, but haven't played it much since the two weeks after I got it (mostly because the computer wasn't free and I was on my Xbox instead). I probably should have picked it up for Xbox though, maybe I'd still be playing it.

The problem with the COD4 series is that I started shooters with Battlefield, and I'm a big BF2 fanboy now, haha.

I pretty much agree with you on all your points. I play a ton of shooter games but for me anyways, Halo's number one and that my preference. ^_^

The only thing I don't agree with you on is strategy in Halo. While the variety of strategy is greater in games like R6 and COD4 etc, Halo does have strategy of it's own. I've sat here thinking how to describe it but it's a little hard to explain it. It's Halo's weapon set and powerups that makes strategy a lot tougher and harder but I know for a fact that it gets a lot more "strategic" once you get to much higher levels. Playlists such as Team Tactical are all about strategy. But back to the weapons and powerups. I'd set up a detailed explanation but I might as well show you next time we play. If we can get atleast 8 guys, we can have some 4 on 4 team slayer games and we'll try to implement strategy. Who knows? ;)

I never said Halo doesn't have strategy, it's just nothing compared to most other shooters out there. Halo was admiteddly built up to be a shoot-em up type deal and that limits the kind of strategic planning you can do. Strategy in Halo compared to R6 is just barely scratching the surface. It's a game that is built for non-gamers and as such, they limit what you can really do in other shooters, dumb it down so to speak. Unreal Tournament it ain't.

Meanwhile, maybe we can get some 2 on 2 action going until we get more people. Anyone interested?

I bought the Halo 3 Heroic map pack and got the new maps. All of them are pretty cool and the forge on Foundry is awesome. I deleted all of the items on the maps and made a soccer pitch. Bungie added a soccer ball for this purpose. The nets actually are fence boxes that are in the shape of an actual goal. The gravity hammers act as the weapon to move the ball. It's Spartan Soccer!

I bought the Halo 3 Heroic map pack and got the new maps. All of them are pretty cool and the forge on Foundry is awesome. I deleted all of the items on the maps and made a soccer pitch. Bungie added a soccer ball for this purpose. The nets actually are fence boxes that are in the shape of an actual goal. The gravity hammers act as the weapon to move the ball. It's Spartan Soccer!

So we should just get together and play some soccer then.

So we should just get together and play some soccer then.

We can do that. Are you willing to shed 800 microsoft points for maps on a game that you don't really like though?

Who said I didn't like the game?

Okay, okay. It's just the vibe I get from you sometimes. ;) So whenever you want, we'll play.

Okay, okay. It's just the vibe I get from you sometimes. ;) So whenever you want, we'll play.

It's just one of those games that rubs me the wrong way because any joe schmoe will play it and all of a sudden consider themself a hardcore gamer. Guitar Hero is the same way, yet I bought Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3 on the days they came out.

It's not to say I don't like it, I just prefer other shooters to it. You're going to have to detach me from Mass Effect if you want to play Halo though, which will be difficult to do. I'm pretty sure it's attached itself to my hip.

Quick, all ME players, name your favourite and least favourite race!

Favourite: Krogans. They're so ######ing hardcore.

Least: Hanar. They way they talk bugs the crap out of me. Plus jellyfish just aren't cool.

It's just one of those games that rubs me the wrong way because any joe schmoe will play it and all of a sudden consider themself a hardcore gamer. Guitar Hero is the same way, yet I bought Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3 on the days they came out.

It's not to say I don't like it, I just prefer other shooters to it. You're going to have to detach me from Mass Effect if you want to play Halo though, which will be difficult to do. I'm pretty sure it's attached itself to my hip.

Quick, all ME players, name your favourite and least favourite race!

Favourite: Krogans. They're so ######ing hardcore.

Least: Hanar. They way they talk bugs the crap out of me. Plus jellyfish just aren't cool.

That Mass Effect stuff came out of left field. :lol: Oh well, I gotta leave something on my list for Christmas so it's going to have to wait two more weeks.

That Mass Effect stuff came out of left field. :lol: Oh well, I gotta leave something on my list for Christmas so it's going to have to wait two more weeks.

I'm sorry but I love it so much.

I declare my undying love for Mass Effect right here, you're all invited to the wedding!

*weeps*

I'm sorry but I love it so much.

I declare my undying love for Mass Effect right here, you're all invited to the wedding!

*weeps*

Does it have multiplayer?

I don't know because I want something about it to be a surprise... but oh well. ^_^

It sure doesn't.

Too bad. Could lead your teams to war against each other. As stupid as that sounds... lol

Too bad. Could lead your teams to war against each other. As stupid as that sounds... lol

Hmm, that might actually work. Importing them from campaign might be a little weird and they'd have to turn off the leveling system because you could level up like crazy. My team of Wrex and Ashley would own all though.

Hmm, that might actually work. Importing them from campaign might be a little weird and they'd have to turn off the leveling system because you could level up like crazy. My team of Wrex and Ashley would own all though.

Nyce.

Now my turn for random stuff. Halo Wars when it comes out is going to be awesome. All about ze Strategy. ^_^

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Halo Wars. I'm more curious about Peter Jackson's Halo project though.

Same. Last thing I remember hearing is that Fox(I think) was picking it up. Hopefully Jackson does exactly to Halo what he did to LOTR's trilogy. Would be freakin awesome.

Same. Last thing I remember hearing is that Fox(I think) was picking it up. Hopefully Jackson does exactly to Halo what he did to LOTR's trilogy. Would be freakin awesome.

Well the movie project got canned for the time being because they couldn't find someone to write a script so he's just going to work on a video game. Should be interesting to see what he comes up with.

A little off-topic here, but I've recently gone back to playing NHL08 (It got the back-burner when I was waiting for the roster update and then the back-back burner when all the new games came out). I'm going through on Superstar, and I'm getting a bit frustrated. I know I'm playing over my head, but I'm curious as to why all the other teams can skate faster than I can pass, aren't budged off the puck even when I knock them head-over-heels, and can strip me of the puck from behind every time although I never can. It frustrated me to the point where I actually went and bought a new controller, because mine got thrown 2 inches into a wall. <_<

Now, in the past, I know you've gotten upgrade points as your dynasty progressed, and you could assign them accordingly, and improve in such a fashion. I don't see that feature this year, and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips regarding this situation.