Game Thread | Sabres de Buffalo vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 01/20/07

Spider-Man NL

Woohoo..................called the score, but not the right guys to score..........Habs won..................I won a car...........Kiprusoff got a shutout win......I won a Kia magentis= One Great night :clap::P:D

congratulations.

arent they the fasting growing car manufacturer? :king:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result! Well done! The Ole is from football: when you are thrashing another team, and your team is playing keepaway, every time it is passed to another play you chant, 'Ole!'. Like what Barca do to Madrid every few months. Kind of a taunt.

Bob, put that phone down!

Hope the boys get some good rest and gear up for the stretch. Still feel that Bob will make a couple of moves. Just read another Fedorov rumour on ESPN, with Samsonov going the other way. Stick to the NFL, lads.

Just read another Fedorov rumour on ESPN, with Samsonov going the other way. Stick to the NFL, lads.

in a 3-way-deal, with Komisarek ending up a NY Islander

:wacko:

I agree with Habsfan88 I don't think it is a taunt. I believe it's roots are from Football and that it is a cheer.

I may be wrong. I have heard the Bell Center sing it in a 0-0 tie, so I don't see it

as a taunt. It is not like they were singing Nah Nah Nah....goodbye

I believe it is a bit of a taunt. You don't seem them doing it when Montreal is down a goal.

BUt I don't believe its in bad taste. And it can actually backfire. Seems like everytime the crowd started up last night, Buffalo scored. Could hav ebeen embarrasing

Just read another Fedorov rumour on ESPN, with Samsonov going the other way. Stick to the NFL, lads.

I'd love to know where they are getting these rumors. I live in the Columbus area and have heard no rumors whatsoever. Fedorov is one of Hitchcock's favorites on the team, and he's probably their best all around player. They'd be idiots to trade him. A good run after the All-Star break and they have a shot at the playoffs again.

P.S. Ole ole ole is a chant, not a taunt.

I'd love to know where they are getting these rumors. I live in the Columbus area and have heard no rumors whatsoever. Fedorov is one of Hitchcock's favorites on the team, and he's probably their best all around player. They'd be idiots to trade him.

not to mention the whole salary cap hit issue for the habs....

Yeah I do not understand the Fedorov rumours he has a 6mil contract NEXT season if the Habs get him and can not trade him after the playoffs then the Habs can say goodbuy to one of Markov or Souray FOR SURE.

Yeah I do not understand the Fedorov rumours he has a 6mil contract NEXT season if the Habs get him and can not trade him after the playoffs then the Habs can say goodbuy to one of Markov or Souray FOR SURE.

six million is way too much for anybody unless you're some sort of actually contributing franchise player (and even then I still think that's an awful lot for one person)...

GO :hlogo: GO!