Interesting Article on Bettman

Fanpuck33

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AvcY...o&type=lgns

"As the conspiracy theory goes, Stern sensed the potential trouble in 1993 while the NHL was in search of a new commissioner. So he looked around his own office for someone so incompetent that if they got the job, the NHL would be marginalized by their mismanagement and never again be a threat to the NBA."

"Bettman is set to begin his 15th year as commissioner Thursday, and like most hockey fans I feel the need to mark the occasion by popping a bottle of champagne, chugging the entire thing in an effort to drown my misery and then smashing the empty bottle over my temple to black out the memories."

I'll admit that I'm not a bettman fan; but if I were a betting-man... then I will also admit that what he was able to achieve via the lockout does look like a win win for stable hockey markets in any country.

And for that alone I'm grateful. Because this means that Winnipeg, Quebec, Hamilton even Halifax could get and maintain a NHL team.

For setting the blocks in place for the return of hockey to other cities in Canada I'm grateful.

SO maybe I'm a Betting-Man afterall.

GO HABS GO!

And for that alone I'm grateful. Because this means that Winnipeg, Quebec, Hamilton even Halifax could get and maintain a NHL team.

For setting the blocks in place for the return of hockey to other cities in Canada I'm grateful.

sure, more teams could locate in Canada, but that will not happen under bettman. He still doesnt have his huge TV deal that he is aiming for, regardless of how great he says VS is... so yet again, we are stuck waiting for a the governors to come to their senses and get a new commissioner

That article had a bit of a ranting tone to it. The one thing that did kill hockey was the mid-90s lockout. Hockey was THE sport of the 90s up until that point and it's been impossible to regain the momentum. For that Bettman will always suffer but the rest of the article is quite one-sided. i.e. He doesn't explain why the cap was necessary (no one likes a "Yankees" franchise unless you're a Yankees fan).

Hockey would become more interesting in my belief if the player's weren't so bland in the media. It's such a pathetic act too. These are regular guys just like everyone else, they have personality but you just never see it.