Kjell Dahlin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this out.

http://www.londonknights.com/default.asp

London Knights 7 vs. Guelph Storm 6

"As for the Knights, Sergei Kostitsyn led the charge back with a goal and five assists. "

""We weren't ready in the first period," Kostitsyn said. "We skated harder in the second."

Which was when Kostitsyn came alive. He wanted the puck whenever he was on the ice.

"I want the puck every night," he said. "I need my own puck." "

Edited by JMMR

"I want the puck every night," he said. "I need my own puck." "

I once heard a guy say: THIS IS MY PUCK, YOU WON'T GET IT FROM ME, GO GET YOUR OWN PUCK.

that guy was wayne gretzky.

while I'm not drawing ant comparaisons, I like the fact that S.K has the same mentality !!

And it depends on who he's playing with.....

With London (on their PP's) they use 5 forwards and move the puck around. With linemates like Kane and Gagner I could probably come out of a game with a point or 2....

I'm not dissing the guy, BUT since I follow the OHL and have seen him play (and the Knights) Coach Hunter tend to overplay his top lines. He's proven that in the past as well. There out there for a good portion of every game...no matter the score, and start every PP

They played the Wolves a while back and in a 8-2 lead kept playing the same top 5 forwards on the PP. He has all the tools, but if he's in the AHL next year will he have the same skill level guys around him like he does this year?

I'm not dissing the guy, BUT since I follow the OHL and have seen him play (and the Knights) Coach Hunter tend to overplay his top lines. He's proven that in the past as well. There out there for a good portion of every game...no matter the score, and start every PP

They played the Wolves a while back and in a 8-2 lead kept playing the same top 5 forwards on the PP. He has all the tools, but if he's in the AHL next year will he have the same skill level guys around him like he does this year?

good point... the answer is obviously 'no'...

on the other hand, the 'skill level' of his line-mates is amplified by his presence too... we can't take that away from him... he does have good skills...

GO :hlogo: GO!

sign him and call him up to the habs :P

go :hlogo: go

Besides, Sergei Kostsitsyn will have to go to Hamilton to re-learn how to play "real" hockey, the way Carbonneau played. Then, he'll become a good defensive player who will never ever take a chance in the offensive zone, and will have absolutely no impact on the ice. Then, for no apparent reason, he'll be benched just because he's not truly the Carbonneau-type, and didn't score 30-goals for us playing 10 minutes on the 3rd and 4th lines with no powerplay time.

Stay in the juniors as long as you can Sergei... or hope coach Hunter somehow becomes head coach of the Montreal Canadiens.

Besides, Sergei Kostsitsyn will have to go to Hamilton to re-learn how to play "real" hockey, the way Carbonneau played. Then, he'll become a good defensive player who will never ever take a chance in the offensive zone, and will have absolutely no impact on the ice. Then, for no apparent reason, he'll be benched just because he's not truly the Carbonneau-type, and didn't score 30-goals for us playing 10 minutes on the 3rd and 4th lines with no powerplay time.

Stay in the juniors as long as you can Sergei... or hope coach Hunter somehow becomes head coach of the Montreal Canadiens.

Me thinks you are a might bit ticked at the Sammi sit'.

He doesn't have the same line-mates as last year and he's still producing.

Perhaps his line-mates are acheiving because of him...

I think he's the real deal.

Once he learns to play against the speed and size of the AHL and gets his defensive awareness down then he should be a force. A GREAT draft pick, especially considering his draft slot...

I love it!

Sergei did it again last night...

Down 6-4 in the second period, Sergei scored his 3 SH goal of the season, added a PP goal 2 minutes later, then scored and EV goal midway through the third, which proved to be the winner.

Not to mention he also had 2 assists.

Am I wrong in wishing that little Kostitsyn develops into a pure offensive threat. thats exactly what we need in Montreal. Not anymore defensive players who don't know how to play with puck or pass it or score when they have it.

Here's hoping for a sniper with tremendous talent!

Am I wrong in wishing that little Kostitsyn develops into a pure offensive threat. thats exactly what we need in Montreal. Not anymore defensive players who don't know how to play with puck or pass it or score when they have it.

Here's hoping for a sniper with tremendous talent!

no kidding...

and here's hoping that he and his brother can be a 'reincarnation' of the mahovlich brothers for us - man, what a twosome that was!

Kostitsyn with another 5 point night: 2 goals, 3 assists. He now has 94 points on the season and is closing in on his team mate's point total. He is on fire.

this must be at least a bit exciting for him... it certainly is for us...

it would be nice to see him progress and adapt and progress at each subsequent level... culminating in our team...