S. Kostitsyn - London

Kjell Dahlin

another 6 points tonight... jesus is this guy from Earth or what ??

As someone just pointed out, he is two years older than many of the people in that league. He is pretty much one of the oldest guys there, so I wouldn't say he is completely out of this world.

Also, playing with Kane will help anyone shine ... but still, great for him. Getting great experience, and really polishing up his skills. I look forward to seeing him in Hamilton this season or next!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 points plus a 10 minute game misconduct for his last regualr season game as a junior.

the 3 points is nice but the misconduct sure shows a nice edge to the kid...

looking forward to seeing KJr with the bulldogs... i hope he adapts well

GO :hlogo: GO!

I love the Belarussians. I hope for at least a few pre season games we see a Kosty Grabovski Kosty Jr line.

He is also now 2nd in leage scoring.

Edited by JMMR

He is also now 2nd in leage scoring.

Wonder how long that will last. The two guys behind him are only two back, and I think they have some more games to play ... but I could be wrong.

Wonder how long that will last. The two guys behind him are only two back, and I think they have some more games to play ... but I could be wrong.

Tomorrow is the last game of the season, so Tavares will play Brampton more than one point and Kosty falls to 3rd. Also Donati 2 behind and they PLay Toronto tomorrow.

Edited by JMMR

As someone just pointed out, he is two years older than many of the people in that league. He is pretty much one of the oldest guys there, so I wouldn't say he is completely out of this world.

Also, playing with Kane will help anyone shine ... but still, great for him. Getting great experience, and really polishing up his skills. I look forward to seeing him in Hamilton this season or next!

Actually he is the same age or younger as most of the top players in the OHL. Its just that Tavares, Kane and Ganer are young future top 10 picks. Tavares will go 1st overall in 2 years and Kane will probably be the #2 pick in this year's draft.

Tomorrow is the last game of the season, so Tavares will play Brampton more than one point and Kosty falls to 3rd. Also Donati 2 behind and they PLay Toronto tomorrow.

Tavares just got an assist to move past Kostitsyn into 2nd in the scoring race. Since Donati isn't in the lineup today, Sergei finishes 3rd in league scoring. Note Tavares played 8 more games (and is 2 and a half years younger) than Sergei.

Edited by Peter Puck

like it's been already said, his play at the ahl will be a good indicator of his long-term potential...

we have to keep in mind that there'll be an initial adjustment period but that, with time, a more accurate picture will be possible...

• 2 weeks later...
3 goals 1 assist to lead his team to a 6-3 victory and a 3-0 choke hold series lead.

like the beach boys used to sing... 'wouldn't it be nice...' if he had it to be able to continue in that vein as he climbs the levels towards the mother team...

one can only hope...

• 2 weeks later...

I am still wondering how we got him so late in the draft.

He had about the same package than his brother except that he didn't showcase in a big tournement.

6 round 200th choice.

Trevor Timmins is a genious.

He had about the same package than his brother except that he didn't showcase in a big tournement.

6 round 200th choice.

Yep. It would be awesome if in lets say 3 years the Kost Brothers would be playing like the Sedin's...

Plus a dash of Grabovski.

That would just be AWESOME. A Bielorussian line skilled all the way around. Oh my God!!!(and i dont even believe in God...)

6 round 200th choice.

He was playing in the EEHL which from what I understand is not scouted much, it's rare to see a player taken from that league. Both Andrei and Grabovski played in the EEHL but were drafted out of the RSL. At 17 Andrei left for CSKA and Grabovski left the EEHL at 19 and joined Neftekhimik.

• 2 weeks later...
When is this kid going to be playing for the Bulldogs?

if london gets the boot tonight, expect kostitsyn to sign his contract and get going with andrei !!

We look brilliant but I think there's a little of "29 other GM's and teams being dumb" going on here. Belarus is becoming a hockey power slowly. Seems to me we realized it and others didn't. The percentage of Belarusian players selected will grow in the coming years I predict.

Also, no doubt the Habs had a scout on hand to watch Andrei during the 2005 World Juniors (remember when Belarus beat the States?). I watched that tourney - I noticed Sergei in those games before we drafted him. I'm sure our scouts did too.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

if london gets the boot tonight, expect kostitsyn to sign his contract and get going with andrei !!

I would like to see Sergei and the Kinghts win tonight. I want him in the Memorial Cup.

I would like to see Sergei and the Kinghts win tonight. I want him in the Memorial Cup.

me too but should he lose tonight I want him in the AHL.