S. Kostitsyn - London

Kjell Dahlin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fantastic for sergei. Better for him to push as far as possible with the Knights, IMO.

I prefer for him to finish up with the Knights and get a fresh season to learn his way in the AHL.

GO SERGEI, GO KNIGHTS

Kostitsyn has seemed to cool off in the playoffs for some reason. Wonder if he is playing hurt.

Yeah he has been a minus player for most of the series and really has not produced much since his fight.

he still has 16 pts in 11 games so I don't see whats the big fuss

Just that he has slowed down but I guess that can be expected with a more difficult second round opponent. Kostitsyn had 10 of those points in the first round.

he still has 16 pts in 11 games so I don't see whats the big fuss

You have a penchant for hyperbole. No one, aside for the voices in your own head, is making a "big fuss".

You have a penchant for hyperbole. No one, aside for the voices in your own head, is making a "big fuss".

who said that ?? who said that ??

one of the very interesting things about him is that he leads the top 20 in penalty minutes (and by a long shot too...)

he's no patsy on the ice...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Saw last nights game and Kostitsyn played well. He had only 1 pt but imo he played better then Kane who had 5 points. The goalie for SSM had a tough night, Kane's goal should have never gone in but the goalie didn't have his stick in position, Kane came from behind the net and just threw it on net, went right through a wide open 5 hole. One of Kane's assists, he shot the puck and the goalie dropped it right next to him, Taylor skates by and pushes it in.

Kostitsyn on the other hand had a huge hit in the 1st in the corner, crushed the SSM defensemen. He also had a couple other decent hits. His lower body strength is impressive, which gives him leverage when taking the body. Plus they showed a clip of his hits in the series and they were some good ones. What he did best last night was passing, he made some unreal passes but none of them got converted. He setup Perry who had a wide open net but he wasn't ready for it, I don't know if he even expected Kostitsyn to be able to feed him the puck across the crease. Kostitsyn's lone assist came on a point shot that was tipped, it was under review for a high stick but it likely too close to call I'm guessing since it stood.

Next series is going to be very tough for London. Plymouth is the team that I think is going to the Memorial Cup, so if London can beat them hopefully they can go all the way.

looks like we've got one feisty little bugger. I love to read about how our prospect use their grit, especialy in key games like yesterday's. I really hope that he'll manage to be as gritty in the AHL next year !!

• 2 weeks later...