Gainey's post-game reaction.

RobRock

If Bob didn't care about the team, he would have been fired a while ago. Don't forget, he has constant people looking over his shoulder (fans and media) and Boivin and Gillett aren't the type of people who would let this type of behavior slide right by if it were true.

If Bob didn't care about the team, he would have been fired a while ago. Don't forget, he has constant people looking over his shoulder (fans and media) and Boivin and Gillett aren't the type of people who would let this type of behavior slide right by if it were true.

i agree...

even more so, to even say that he doesn't care for the team is a careless statement...

GO :hlogo: GO!

How do I block Aebischer4life?

you can't... you have to live with 'it' or, if you wish, write to those in charge of this community and have them deal with him in the manner that they see best (or aske them to hear your pleas)...

top right hand side. My controls > block users. Never used this function .... let me know if it works.

It works.

I wonder if "how do I block Aebischer4life?" has been the most asked question around here in the past few days.

I'm more interested in whether this HILARIOUS comment by Gainey is authentic, or just a gag some wag came up with. What's the source on the comment?

(Crapping on Gainey and calling him less than the quintessential a team player - I ask you).

It is a joke. But it was said by the manager of a major league baseball team many years ago. Who specifically, I can't remember. I could have used either Gainey or Carbonneau, but it semmed funnier coming from the rather stoic Gainey.

How do I block Aebischer4life?

My Controls --> Manage Ignored Users

After a back-and-forth loss to the visiting Ottawa Senators 5-3 on Saturday night, the second loss of the home-and-home series, Canadiens GM Bob Gainey was asked about his team's execution.

"I'm all for it," he replied.

:lol::D:P:):(

Source?

It is a joke. But it was said by the manager of a major league baseball team many years ago. Who specifically, I can't remember. I could have used either Gainey or Carbonneau, but it semmed funnier coming from the rather stoic Gainey.

Source?

He just said he was joking in the post above. I find that a bit of a letdown, it was funny.

@RobRock, you should say it's a joke next time.. lol

He just said he was joking in the post above. I find that a bit of a letdown, it was funny.

@RobRock, you should say it's a joke next time.. lol

Well, I did put a bunch of smileys at the end of it.

Bob was always a player who didnt care. Yeah he was tough but he wasnt a team player

Right . . . an 8 year captain of the team didn't care. :wacko:

I thought it was just because the quote was hilarious, haha.

I thought it was just because the quote was hilarious, haha.

Same. And especially the sad smilie at the end made it seem like you were showing how sad it was that our GM said that. Had it been a joke they would have been all laughing. Well.. clearly not. But... I'll shut up now.

When I 1st read it I thought he was saying he's all for his team executing ie. making passes/plays and playing the systems that the team used....not the other kind of executing....

But I didn't have my morning coffee when I 1st reas it....

Found it, and as per usual I got the damned thing screwed up.

The ACTUAL quote was from former Tamp Bay Buccaneers head coach John McKay. A reporter asked him about the execution of his team's offense and he answered, "I'm all for it."

I really gotta learn to look this crap up before I post it.

The only reason Gainey left a comfortable job with the Stars to join the habs- he couldnt live with the declining fortunes of the Habs- He respects and has been part of habs history- he wants this team to win- he makes mistakes but let's not question his motivation

One of the reasons that came out was that Bob wanted to develop players from within the system and owner Tom Hicks wanted to go the route of free agency and trading for players.

A smiley can go a long ways,....not unlike a pretty face....but they are limits on either or both.

PS: I just realised you had used the warning (joke) in your title........haa what coffe can do.

Edited by PB

Found it, and as per usual I got the damned thing screwed up.

The ACTUAL quote was from former Tamp Bay Buccaneers head coach John McKay. A reporter asked him about the execution of his team's offense and he answered, "I'm all for it."

I really gotta learn to look this crap up before I post it.

One of the reasons that came out was that Bob wanted to develop players from within the system and owner Tom Hicks wanted to go the route of free agency and trading for players.

well, i hope he'll be given all the freedom necessary to do that very thing with our team...

A smiley can go a long ways,....not unlike a pretty face....but they are limits on either or both.

PS: I just realised you had used the warning (joke) in your title........haa what coffe can do.

I didn't put it there. An admin must have added it because some thought it was an actual story and not just me trying to lighten things up and vent a little bit.

Ha Ha it worked. Aebischer4life has been ignored!!!!

who's been ignored?