Game Thread | Capitals vs. Montreal | 02/20/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I like the kid, I just don't think people should expect him to be the next Patrick Roy.. he definitely has some more learning to do. The good news is that he is young enough to learn it. :)

We tend to overrate the rookies and beat up the vets around here....

True. Halak is too young for this. It's not easy to be a saviour in this city and at 21 to boot. That's a challenge.

It's still too early to say he will take us to the playoffs and be a nightmare. But, it's a treat to watch him. Imagine what some age and crafting could do? I would compare him to the 2nd coming of Vokoun right now. I'm not saying he's as good as Vokoun was at his peak. More so in the fact that he has the potential Vokoun did.

It also makes me laugh at Toronto. They had 2 ace goalies in Pogge and Rask in their system until Raycroft. Dumb trade! Their historic rival still has Halak and Price. :P

Final thought on Halak is that until he craps the bed I'm sold on him. He is the real deal in the long run...

...is he now? We'll see.

Darn, Washington scored :?-

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Sounds like Souray was roasted again. Was it bad?

Not really, the guy was absolutely flying going over the line.. not sure any habs defenseman could have pivoted in time.... and it was a sweet move... he didn't deke Souray or anything, just blew on the outside and drove the net...

They just don't wanna make it easy on themselves, 4-3 heading toward the 3rd. Just when Ryder gives the habs some breathing room, Semin ties it on a great individual effort. Hard to fault Halak on any of the goals.

They certainly need a strong third period.. the reffing is so inconsistent, I am sure they have no clue what kind of game it will be...

my prediction... refs will call everything on the habs, little on Washington...

It will be the reverse of the first period.. I guess we can always hope for more PK goals... :)