Kurt cobain born feb 20th 1967

MAK

I don't like anybody to take their life but come on you had to see this coming. First of all his music and out look always was screw the popular this world sucks music from the lets party and screw girls of hair metal. Then he got fame and didn't know how to handle it, and then courtney love. You mix drugs and depression together bad things happen. I don't care if he was off coke or not, he was a high risk threat to himself. Anyone around him should have seen this coming.

Okay, first explain to me how he could have managed to both triple OD on heroin AND shoot himself before losing consciousness.

Also, he was not acting like your typical suicide case shortly before his death. He had recently cleaned up his drug life for the sake of his daughter, was planning on leaving Courtney and Seattle, made plans with his father to go on a fishing trip, and had arranged a recording session with R.E.M. When you look at all the circumstances around his death and the way that the case was (mis)handled, you really have to wonder.

And like I said before, his family and closest friends (minus Courtney) were shocked, as he had never struck any of them as being suicidal.

Sorta. That's a snippet of Neil Young lyric that Cobain included in his suicide note.

More like "alleged suicide note"...

Okay, first explain to me how he could have managed to both triple OD on heroin AND shoot himself before losing consciousness.

Also, he was not acting like your typical suicide case shortly before his death. He had recently cleaned up his drug life for the sake of his daughter, was planning on leaving Courtney and Seattle, made plans with his father to go on a fishing trip, and had arranged a recording session with R.E.M. When you look at all the circumstances around his death and the way that the case was (mis)handled, you really have to wonder.

And like I said before, his family and closest friends (minus Courtney) were shocked, as he had never struck any of them as being suicidal.

faerie, just stop feeding the troll.

you're calling me a troll?

When Cobain entered rehab or if he ever did, he'd be a high risk patient. When you suffer from depression and use drugs thats a deadly combo.

I'm truly shocked that the Cobain family didn't see this coming. They must have not of been in his life that much. He had OD'd countless of times. The guy was a nuclear train wreck, shooting star if you will.

He was found with a triple overdose of heroin in addition to the gunshot wound. According to experts, the triple overdose would have killed him nearly instaneously, thus preventing him from being able to also shoot himself. Still sound like a suicide?

As I said before, I could give a rat's ass how he actually died. But I believe the death certificate states self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

exactly because we often get tired of those who stay alive.

:huh::blink::unsure:

Wow - that explains this generation - grow tired of the living legends :?-

Cobain like too many others wasted what little talent he actually had to start with on drugs and God only knows what else? Was it sad yes, definitely. No one should ever come to that point in life....

Alas all too often, the legend becomes bigger & better than the departed ever was to begin with. How sad that we glorify their stupidity - it has been the trend from Hendrix to Joplin to Cobain, and there no doubt will be many more to come?

Edited by beliveau1

it's one of those defining moments of my youth, remembering when I was when I heard that he passed away
Me too. I was a huge NIrvana fan in those days. I was 18 and I had been to the Swedish mountains for a skiing vacation with my family and a whole bunch of other relatives. On our way back home to Västerås we made a pit stop in a town called Borlänge, had some relatives living there at the time - my mom's grandma. But before we went to see her we stopped at this McDonald's restaurant which is in a shopping mall. I remember the car I was riding in pulling into the parking lot, I got out to stretch my legs and I saw the newspaper billboards and rrealized what had happened. We went inside the mall and there was this television store and a TV set had MTV on and it felt like they were ruinning the unplugged version of All Appologies on a loop.

At first I was sad but later that feeling gave way to anger. A friend of mine and me, we had tickets for the Nirvana concert in Stockholm that was coming up like a month or two later. I always knew Cobain was a tortured soul, but I was also kinda angry at him for abandoning his daughter like that.

What also pissed me off to no end was the endless list of psychology expert lining up to predict a wave of mass-suicides á la The Sorrows of Young Werther. Shows how well they understoof the grunge generation.

I liked his music in high school, but when I listen to it now it just sounds kind of boring and stupid. Other than that, people die all time for crappy reasons, he's not special just because he made appealing music. Accept the death and move on.

I disagree. His making appealing music does make him special.

But although I was a huge Nirvana fan back in the day, I wouldn't put him in the same category as Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix or Janis Joplin.

If anyone didn't think Kurt Cobain was going to die like he did (much like anna nicole smith) you're kidding yourself. He was too destructive. In my world view there are many more people ahead of him on the list of died before their time.

MLK

Palme

FDR

Lincoln

Orwell

Lennon

Mary Wollstonecraft

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Rosa Luxemburg

Alexander Hamilton

just to name a few off the top of my head.

Great list of people. Those are some of my favorite culture-related people.

I thought her name was Mary Shelley though. Or am I confusing her with her mother? I know she took the name when she married PB Shelley. Usually, at least in Sweden, we refer to her as Mary Shelley, or sometimes Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.