Official Do Or Die Thread

justintb

Well, its simple as this, Montreal's fate lies within their own hands. You can complain all day long about goaltending, singling out players, pointing fingers.....But now, the time has come. Ten games remaining, zero games in hand, the schedule is as followed:

March 17th- Leafs vs Canadiens

March 20th- Bruins vs Canadiens

March 22nd- Canadiens vs Bruins

March 24th- Capitals vs Canadiens

March 27th- Rangers vs Canadiens

March 30th- Canadiens vs Senators

March 31st- Sabres vs Canadiens

April 3rd- Bruins vs Canadiens

April 5th- Canadiens vs Rangers

April 7th- Canadiens vs Leafs

In order to make into the post-season, what does MTL need to improve on, quit focusing on, and start focusing on? This thread can also include out of town scoreboard status from around the league which affects Montreal's post-season status.

Edited by justintb

I think it's already dead. Even with all that mathematical chances that we make it, there's one important thing that can't be counted: confidence.

I don't think that eabischer has alot of confidence in himself as nobody else does.

carbonneau can jugle his lines all he want's but how good will it do if the goalies 2+ terrible goals every games ??

the last I wan't is that montreal makes the playoffs, gets crusched by new jersey or buffalo and in a press conference the canadiens brass give us the we-made-the-playoffs-so-we're-in-the-right-way bullcrap.

That's a lot of games against other teams who are also in the race for a 7th or 8th playoff place.

I believe it will really depend on Carbonneau, if the Canadiens top offesnive players are not sniffing the 20 minute range the Habs will lose.

What's that? your new motto?

Top guys are out of fuel and are outdueled 5 on 5... I'm not sure playing Kovalev 20 mins will amount to anything good.

What's that? your new motto?

Top guys are out of fuel and are outdueled 5 on 5... I'm not sure playing Kovalev 20 mins will amount to anything good.

I'll take Kovalev with vertigo...a flu, and hell...throw in a sprained ankle...over Garth goddamned Murray any day.

The chances are slim to begin with, and I just don't have much faith in David Aebsicher. Weak goal after weak goal crushes an already fragile team confidence. Perhaps a miracle recovery time for Huet? That's just about the best thing we can hope for...

Halak is apparently playing tonight, but to pin our hopes on him is just unfair.

Carolina 7 Devils 1 halfway in the 3rd.

We need at least 15 points in the next 10 games to hope to clinch a playoff spot, which means we cannot lose more that 2 games in the next 10.

I've already thrown the towel, but if we lose tonight, I'll throw an other one, for good measure :angry:

It would be really nice if NYI continued to slide. That would open the door a little more.

On a side note, is it just me, or does anyone else hate the Canes about as much as anyone else?? Beating us out of the playoffs twice, and now probably taking our playoff spot!! I've developed a real hate for them.

Not to mention, it makes me even more angry when I see their half-filled arena. Of course, at playoff time, the fans will start to come to the rink and take credit for being good fans...gimme a break

HATE them

It would be really nice if NYI continued to slide. That would open the door a little more.

On a side note, is it just me, or does anyone else hate the Canes about as much as anyone else?? Beating us out of the playoffs twice, and now probably taking our playoff spot!! I've developed a real hate for them.

Not to mention, it makes me even more angry when I see their half-filled arena. Of course, at playoff time, the fans will start to come to the rink and take credit for being good fans...gimme a break

HATE them

By degree of hate...

Toronto > Boston > Carolina

I hate the Canes for how they lucked out a Cup last year, and for what they did to our Captain.

I've been hating them for two decades... I hated so much the Whalers...

As crazy as this Sounds, I say we go all out tonight, gamble in the first...pinching defenceman (Markov in the rush, Streit in the rush, and Dandenault jumping up). Every single game counts...and tonight, It's now or never (gut check time). I remember last season, we blew the wind out of the TML's sails with those back to back wins, I think tonight can really be a confidence booster, and really get the ball rolling! And the Canadiens have been known to have the Bruins number in the past several seasons, back to back to back wins I think is VERY possible. If Abby or Halak shits the bed tonight, we might as well give this Leighton guy a chance (who knows, he might be our season savior!). Recall how Cam Ward came out of nowhere in relief of Gerber last season, this kid could get hot like Huet did for us last season at the right time!! Also, put Samsonov back in the lineup tonight (he scored 2 very critical goals at the Bell Centre vs the Leafs a few games back!). Load, Aim, Fire...It's game time Baby! :hlogo: Until we are mathematically out, lets stay optimistic (as hard as it can be at times). Secondly, I think coming out physical tonight will catch the leafs off guard, expect a hard hitting, high flying, high scoring matchup!! GO :hlogo: GO!

I know it's too early to starts summary the season but, the lack of a real second line center is a huge factor,

If the Habs miss the playoffs I expect Gainey to be active during the offseason.

according to some french hockey analysts on radio-canada, montreal will have to win 7 or 8 of the last 10 to get into the post-season...

if that's the case, this situation smells more like die than do (but all things are possible)

GO :hlogo: GO!

I know it's too early to starts summary the season but, the lack of a real second line center is a huge factor,

If the Habs miss the playoffs I expect Gainey to be active during the offseason.

I am not so sure about that Plekanec has really stepped up recently and shown that given the ice time he can be a special player and create a lot of offence with Higgins and Kostitsyn.

Edited by JMMR

I am not so sure about that Plekanec has really stepped up recently and shown that given the ice time he can be a special player and create a lot of offence with Higgins and Kostitsyn.

There's a new AK in town, and his name is Andrei Kostitsyn!!!

Beautiful shootout win tonight (its a shame we gave the Make Me Laughs a point, but 2 points is 2 points, I'll take it!) Tonight I was at a stadium bar in Toronto cheering for Montreal, check it out. http://www.wegzstadiumbar.com . The audience was about 75/25...When the leafs scored I stood up and started yelling "LEAFS SUCK...1967! 1967! 1967!". Was I ever the enemy after that...But when we won..all the Habs fans got together, and started walking around the bar going, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLEEEE, OLEEEE, OLEEEEEE! How sweet it is, lets hope the ball keeps rolling in our favour! GO :hlogo: GO

Out Of Town Scoreboard:

Bruins 0- Rangers 7

Panthers 8- Islanders 5

I believe it will really depend on Carbonneau, if the Canadiens top offesnive players are not sniffing the 20 minute range the Habs will lose.

It doesn't depend on coaching anymore at this stage, Carbo has done all he could... now it's up to the boys to show some heart, determination, and willingness to the game. This means blocking shots, Sticking up for teamates and EVERYTHING else to win some key games. It all depends if the boys want to show up and play a full 60!

Go :hlogo: Go!!!!!! kick some Bruins @$$!!!

Updated Standings: (03/23/07)

6. Tampa Bay (75gp) 86pts

7. NYR (74gp) 83pts

8. Carolina (74gp) 82pts

9. Montreal (75gp) 82pts

10. NYI (73gp) 81pts

11. Toronto (73gp) 80pts

Out Of Town Scoreboard:

FINAL SCORE

Sabres 5!!!! (Vanek (2), Briere, Pomminville, Stafford)

Leafs 4 (McCabe, Stajan, Deveraux (2) )

(Buffalo has scored 4 unanswered goals in the 3rd period)

Edited by justintb

Well, its simple as this, Montreal's fate lies within their own hands. You can complain all day long about goaltending, singling out players, pointing fingers.....But now, the time has come. Ten games remaining, zero games in hand, the schedule is as followed:

March 17th- Leafs vs Canadiens W

March 20th- Bruins vs Canadiens W

March 22nd- Canadiens vs Bruins W

March 24th- Capitals vs Canadiens probable win

March 27th- Rangers vs Canadiens questionable Win

March 30th- Canadiens vs Senators Doubtful Win

March 31st- Sabres vs Canadiens Another Doubtful Win

April 3rd- Bruins vs Canadiens Almost for sure a win!

April 5th- Canadiens vs Rangers Questionable Win

April 7th- Canadiens vs Leafs Should Win but not Guarenteed

That makes us 6-2-2 with those 14 points we should make the playoffs!

In order to make into the post-season, what does MTL need to improve on, quit focusing on, and start focusing on? This thread can also include out of town scoreboard status from around the league which affects Montreal's post-season status.

The way to glory is to burn some Rag$ :P

I hate the leafs!!