Ultimate Standings: Fan Satisfaction Rankings

rafikz

Columbus the #2 stadium experience in the NHL, down a step since they were #1 in 2004. Surprised they are still that high, I felt the entertainment between whistles and periods was pretty lousy this season. Just shows this is all a bunch of subjective junk.

Columbus the #2 stadium experience in the NHL, down a step since they were #1 in 2004. Surprised they are still that high, I felt the entertainment between whistles and periods was pretty lousy this season. Just shows this is all a bunch of subjective junk.

They should have basketball games between periods, would certainly pimp the entertainment a bit for Columbus people :lol: .

Ya that stuff is such bullshit. I was at lunch today reading a weekly news paper in nashville. They had some wine tasting event they were reviewing. It was a ""you were seen"" thing, It was a picture of Paul kariya some chick and a wine Guru, The caption stated all the names and listed Kariya as Hordichuk. These are the friggin dorks that answer these dumb ass poles. Who cares anyway, You could wipe shit in a habs fan face and they would still pay $300 bucks to go to the bell center. Not in Nashville and not in Colombus either.

I dunno, you are really bombarded by stupid crap over the pa centre at the bell system, it is kind of annoying. Im sure a lot of places do better.

hear hear ...it's really aggravating...the music suck too.

I for one can't stand the entire way in which sporting events are presented live. I HATE the blaring raaawk music, the artifically manufactured eardrum-splitting decibel levels, and the way every single second has to be pre-programmed with cookie-cutter 'entertainment.' If it were up to me, we'd be back to organ music and, when the Habs are stinking out the joint, stony silence. That's what i get for remembering the old days, i guess. :angry:

Hey guys, it's ESPN, which means no credibility

I for one can't stand the entire way in which sporting events are presented live. I HATE the blaring raaawk music, the artifically manufactured eardrum-splitting decibel levels, and the way every single second has to be pre-programmed with cookie-cutter 'entertainment.' If it were up to me, we'd be back to organ music and, when the Habs are stinking out the joint, stony silence. That's what i get for remembering the old days, i guess. :angry:

That's what comes to mind when I watch NBA playoffs games from the 80's : just some organ music once in a while, and no additional music, so u could hear the crowd murmuring while tha ball was moving ; really intense

Edited by rafikz

What.. the heck.. who makes these votes/ratings?

Habs stadium experience is in top 10 for sure!

i think you missed the point of the rating... it's based upon the team's 'appreciation' of its fans... you'll see that in the 1st paragraph... "And then you told us how well your favorite franchise repays you for all the love and money you devote to it."

and on a related note, i'm not surprised to see boston & chicago at the bottom, yes, the very bottom of the list... their stinginess actually extends beyond their team salary commitments...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Bring back organ music for one. #2, get rid of every announcer at 99% of the stadiums that has the exact same monotone-overlyfake-deep-bass voice. It also disturbs me how home team PA guys always, almost under their breath, speed-read when the opposing team scores. And for the Pepsi Center (Avalanche) in particular...show the replays when the other team scores a goal! That's incredibly lame that they don't replay that and instead show various still pictures of Avs players after another team scores. LAME!

hear hear ...it's really aggravating...the music suck too.

You think so? I mean, besides the stupid goal song, I found last habs game i was that that every song that was played was incredibly popular at the time (well, it was like 3 weeks ago actually) and the music was really good in my opinion.

You think so? I mean, besides the stupid goal song, I found last habs game i was that that every song that was played was incredibly popular at the time (well, it was like 3 weeks ago actually) and the music was really good in my opinion.

I agree the music at the Habs games are pretty good!

No music except live organ.

No siren/horn after a goal: that's Chicago's, let them keep it.

No screaming announcers.

No laser shows.

No huge scoreboard over centre ice: put the boards/screens in the corners, and a big clock with '60' at one end.

Shots counted over the Laurentide ads in the corners above the exits in the reds.

Crossed hockey stick elevators only.

Err...wait a minute, sounds like a master plan to me!

I guess Youppi! can stay, since my daughter likes him.

If it wasn't like this in Ottawa it would be so quiet whenever the habs played there it would be hilarious.

I agree though, I'm a big EPL fan and there is no music during the play it gives the fans a real chance to make some noise. There is something about that I find really neat and natural.