The Unsung Heroes

blaze53

In reality Plekanec has pretty much done what was expected and more - this isn't as big a surprize as far as I'm concerned. He has just been better than expected and that is fantastic!

As for Streit - he was not forecast by as many people to do what he has so this has been a surprize. He has earned his nominations but at the same time they definitely were not predicted when they dropped the puck to start this season. Most people would have to admit that they did not figure he was going to be as good or as versatile as he has been this year.

For that reason, I would say he is the unsung hero so far?

Bonk and Johnson.

They play against the other teams best and still maintain a decent plus minus. They chip in the odd goal and forecheck, kill penalties very well.

I'd probably say Chris Higgins. Of course everyone knows that he's one of the most talented young players on this team, but I don't think anybody realizes just how good this kid is. He struggled a bit offensively this year, but thats to be expected in a players sophomore season, but defensively the kid is the best player on the team, and definitley the best two way player on the team and possibly in the league.

This kid will be better than Bob Gainey by next year, and I don't think anybody realized it yet

Higgins is my fav player on the Habs, but I don't think he's unsung.