The Unsung Heroes

blaze53

Well in the poll in the Canadiens site the player in the league is Plekanec but he's had alot of media coverage soo i wouldn't call him an unsung hero. So tell me who do you think is an unsung hero for the Habs? In my opinion i think the player that's hardly mentioned in anything is for sure Mark Streit.

-->I want a million replies hehe :lol:

1. Plekanec

2. Streit

3. Johnson

HM to Markov who really does not get enough media attention which I think may be a good thing.

LOL i remember an interview he did for RDS after one of the periods of a game i forgot which one, but it was hilarious lol, Markov looked totally clueless. Can anyone find it on youtube? :lol:

I'd say Markov. Without Markov, habs would be in some serious defensive trouble, Shelly is taking all the spotlight away from Markov with his intense shot and amount of goals (which is amazing) but he isn't that solid of a D man. Markov is arguably one of the best. He logs the most minutes, and can really shut guys down. I think he's key to the habs' success and is the most unsung hero. He should be a resigning priority. :hlogo:

I havent read the article but it seems odd to talk in '' heroique '' terms about anything that has to do with

the CH unless the team AT LEAST gets to qualified for the playoffs.

bonk as been quite a surprise this year. he proved himself as agreat asset for montreal. he may not have the best stats but he never was detrimental forthe team. I think he finaly found the right spot for himself.

I'd say Markov. Without Markov, habs would be in some serious defensive trouble, Shelly is taking all the spotlight away from Markov with his intense shot and amount of goals (which is amazing) but he isn't that solid of a D man. Markov is arguably one of the best. He logs the most minutes, and can really shut guys down. I think he's key to the habs' success and is the most unsung hero. He should be a resigning priority. :hlogo:

Agreed. I would say Streit too, but the thing about Streit is that he's been "sung about" as the unsung hero so many times that he's not really unsung anymore..

Bonk is the unsung hero. One of the core players on this team. Losing him to free agency will be tough.

you are only saying that so that you don't become Bouillon the habbie ^_^

Yeah my name has really taken a beating over the years. :P

by the way - I read the title of this thread and saw "The Unsung Herpes" :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

What about Begin the Habbie?

damnit! I knew I was missing somebody!

BTW

Simonus' Unsung Heroes

1) Streit

2) Johnson

3) Plekanec

4) Halak

Plex and Halak get 3 and 4 for getting more singing, not because of relative contribution

Higgins is my unsung hero.

At the beginning of the year all the hype was on him because he was scoring like he never did before. While others consider him a disappointment in the second half he puts the numbers that he should and not playing much on PP does have affected is scoring.

I think we'll sign him

That means not bringing in a top 2 center and it also means leaving Chipchura in the AHL.

Here's an idea for our unsung hero - try not to bash me too much - but how about Kovalev? Of course, there are many blind Kovalev supporters so he isn't quite as unsung - but he provides us with much more than the average Habs fan believes.

I'd probably say Chris Higgins. Of course everyone knows that he's one of the most talented young players on this team, but I don't think anybody realizes just how good this kid is. He struggled a bit offensively this year, but thats to be expected in a players sophomore season, but defensively the kid is the best player on the team, and definitley the best two way player on the team and possibly in the league.

This kid will be better than Bob Gainey by next year, and I don't think anybody realized it yet

Streit..... hands down as far as I'm concerned - any one here remember how many HW posters were vilifying this guy last year - 'send the bum packing' was a majority opinion for much of last season!!!!

p.s. Glad I wasn't one of them as I hate being wrong?

Plecs is the big hero on this team, once he started to heat up this season, we started to heat up again as well.

I like Plex, but the second part of your statement, I'm not sure about. He was hot in Jan and Feb while everyone else was stinking out the joint... He stayed hot, and arguably became hotter, in March, when we started winning again... but he was hot while the team wasn't.

damnit! I knew I was missing somebody!

BTW

Simonus' Unsung Heroes

1) Streit

2) Johnson

3) Plekanec

4) Halak

Plex and Halak get 3 and 4 for getting more singing, not because of relative contribution

Streit actually just got a lot of "Singing" by winning the Beauchamp trophy for the year, and being the CH's nominee for the Bill Masterton trophy... Doesn't make him very "unsung" anymore...