Keith Richards says he snorted father's ashes

Pierre the Great

Stones guitarist mixed remains with cocaine — ‘it went down pretty well’

LONDON - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father’s ashes mixed with cocaine.

“The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father,” Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

“He was cremated, and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared,” he said, adding that “it went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17933669/

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Stones guitarist mixed remains with cocaine — ‘it went down pretty well’

LONDON - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father’s ashes mixed with cocaine.

“The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father,” Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

“He was cremated, and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared,” he said, adding that “it went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17933669/

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

sounds like a switch from snow to ashes... maybe it's a spring rite or something...

GO :hlogo: GO!

He snorted ants or something with the members of Motley Crue at some old people resort.

hmmmm..........

one day, you will (maybe) hear the same about yourself and the young music stars that you follow...

i wonder how that'll sit with you...

no slam, df, just an observation...

i couldn't see myself being in my late 50's when the beatles, rolling stones, jimmy hendrix, moody blues and especially the jefferson airplane who would sing about 'our biggest sin' was being "young"...

well, here i am and, here they are (those that have survived this far...)

hmmmm..........

one day, you will (maybe) hear the same about yourself and the young music stars that you follow...

i couldn't see myself being in my late 50's when the beatles, rolling stones, jimmy hendrix, moody blues and especially the jefferson airplane who would sing about 'our biggest sin' was being "young"...

lol I think this rap/hip hop will go the way of hair metal. Its only a matter of time before a Nirvana type wave comes up and virtually wipes rap/hip hop off the map. Its slowly starting with the resurgence of the indie band movement. Its still hasn't been giant nuke though that Nirvana was to hair metal.

Look at the 80's stations. They used to be so popular and now they are being replaced or formats changed.

Same thing will happen to rap/r&b/hip hop. You can't stay on top forever.

Rock Music is looking for another white knight. That knight might not come though.

The music scene is not going to change until the US music biz starts focusing on bands more then rap stars.

Then again country music is somehow filling the void. How I have no clue, since country music isn't country music anymore but pop music with accents. Now they are even going all pop with rapping and pure pop music.

Basically somebody needs to come along and hit the meltdown button for all genres.

lol I think this rap/hip hop will go the way of hair metal. Its only a matter of time before a Nirvana type wave comes up and virtually wipes rap/hip hop off the map. Its slowly starting with the resurgence of the indie band movement. Its still hasn't been giant nuke though that Nirvana was to hair metal.

Look at the 80's stations. They used to be so popular and now they are being replaced or formats changed.

Rock Music is looking for another white knight. That knight might not come though.

The music scene is not going to change until the US music biz starts focusing on bands more then rap stars.

Then again country music is somehow filling the void. How I have no clue, since country music isn't country music anymore but pop music with accents. Now they are even going all pop with rapping and pure pop music.

Basically somebody needs to come along and hit the meltdown button for all genres.

country is doing some rap?... funny... not surprising but funny...

the 'western' has long gone into the sunset of 'country & western' music... and yodelling all the way too...

hmmmm..........

Eheheh, I suppose I should have thought a bit before posting that. :D

But seriously, it was some resort where most of the patrons were "distinguished and filthy rich." It made quite the uproar. :lol:

:blink:

I'm surprised that you of all people would say that.

Eheheh, I suppose I should have thought a bit before posting that. :D

But seriously, it was some resort where most of the patrons were "distinguished and filthy rich." It made quite the uproar. :lol:

:blink:

I'm surprised that you of all people would say that.

I know what you are thinking.....

white knight:

1. a hero who comes to the rescue, a saviour

2. a beleaguered champion who fights heroically for a cause, as in politics.

3. A person or company that rescues a targeted firm from a takeover attempt by buying the firm.

I know what you are thinking.....

white knight:

1. a hero who comes to the rescue, a saviour

2. a beleaguered champion who fights heroically for a cause, as in politics.

3. A person or company that rescues a targeted firm from a takeover attempt by buying the firm.

...? Pray tell, what was I thinking?

I know you were alluding to a savior, but I'm just surprised that you chose that particular symbol considering it's racist implications (ie. white = good, black = bad).

...? Pray tell, what was I thinking?

I know you were alluding to a savior, but I'm just surprised that you chose that particular symbol considering it's racist implications (ie. white = good, black = bad).

what else am I suppose to say? When people are talking about rock music today that phrase always pops up.

Because it doesn't have a leader for the new generation.

BB King

Dylan

Lennon

Bono

????

rock music is missing a leader for the new generation.

I don't get what the big deal is over me saying 'white knight'.

what else am I suppose to say? When people are talking about rock music today that phrase always pops up.

Because it doesn't have a leader for the new generation.

BB King

Dylan

Lennon

Bono

????

rock music is missing a leader for the new generation.

I don't get what the big deal is over me saying 'white knight'.

Where the hell's Cobain? He should be on your list, especially if you have Bono on there. :angry:

I already said why you shouldn't have said white knight. It has racist implications. I'm sure if someone else on these boards applied that to a football team or a basketball team or something you'd be going ape-shit about it.

PS. You should also have Elvis, the Beatles, the Stones and a ton of other bands on there.

Where the hell's Cobain? He should be on your list, especially if you have Bono on there. :angry:

I already said why you shouldn't have said white knight. It has racist implications. I'm sure if someone else on these boards applied that to a football team or a basketball team or something you'd be going ape-shit about it.

PS. You should also have Elvis, the Beatles, the Stones and a ton of other bands on there.

Give me a F**King break! The white knight is a cultural/mythological construct that connotes someone riding to the rescue wheras the black night is a villian. This refers to the color of their ARMOUR not their SKIN! Darkness ie., the lack of light, has always been mythologically and psychologically associated with evil or danger because people are genetically and evolutionarily programmed to be afraid of the dark--because things that can hurt us can hide there.

All of this PC psychobabble about racist overtones really annoys me. I think it distracts people from the real issues of racism.

lol I think this rap/hip hop will go the way of hair metal.

I'm not sure how Keith's snorting of his father or shortcat's response (which was more about the passage of time) suddenly turned into a commentary on the future of music, but I'll play along. I guess that's the power of the 'lol'.

lol I disagree. Rap/hip hop will not go away. It's already been around much longer than hair metal, and is permanently ingrained in the musical fabric of North America, if not the world. Black youth in particular have embraced this music, and identify with it in a way that is similar to the way rock music started out in the 50's. There are a number of subgenres of rap/hip hop already to appeal to different tastes, just as rock started to 'branch out' in the early 60's.

Having said that, it can't be denied that there are ebbs and flows to the popularity of different types of music. For example, rock music never dies, but arguably it's most significant decline was in the early 80's, followed by hair metal, followed by 'grunge' and alternative, etc. Rap will be the same, with perhaps some decline in popularity followed by a new take on it.

In summary, rap is more comparable to a genre like rock, rather than a sub-genre/fad like hair metal.

lol