What's up with the Habs ?

PB

How was it possible for the CH to play sooooo poorly tonight,.........whichever zone you care to looked at nothing was going on.......they kepted being late on the puck the whole game and goesh were they ever clumsy whenever they carried the puck or try to execute the most basic things with their team mates.......they looked scared the whole game and played waaayyyy to carefully.......it looked worse than a pre-saison match. Koivu managed to look fabulous despite everyone else acting as if constipated,.....Bouillon was nothing special but his body checks where numerous, efficient and often spectacular....and Halak,.....well god bless Halak.

At this rate we gona need some help from the other teams cause they cant win in NY or TO if they play the same manner as they did tonight........my hope is that they will play to win instead of not to lose.

Glad of the win but the game was unbelievably boring to watch........I thought.

How was it possible for the CH to play sooooo poorly tonight,.........whichever zone you care to looked at nothing was going on.......they kepted being late on the puck the whole game and goesh were they ever clumsy whenever they carried the puck or try to execute the most basic things with their team mates.......they looked scared the whole game and played waaayyyy to carefully.......it looked worse than a pre-saison match. Koivu managed to look fabulous despite everyone else acting as if constipated,.....Bouillon was nothing special but his body checks where numerous, efficient and often spectacular....and Halak,.....well god bless Halak.

At this rate we gona need some help from the other teams cause they cant win in NY or TO if they play the same manner as they did tonight........my hope is that they will play to win instead of not to lose.

Glad of the win but the game was unbelievably boring to watch........I thought.

Yes, but that's only because of Boston's D. They like to play the "trap" system boring to watch but most of the time effective. it's when they stay relaxed in the neutral zone and wait. But they were losing so didn't playtoo much of a trap game.

The rangers use this strategy also so you might not wan tto watch that game... just kidden it will be fun to watch.

WE WON!! :hlogo:

Yes, but that's only because of Boston's D. They like to play the "trap" system boring to watch but most of the time effective. it's when they stay relaxed in the neutral zone and wait. But they were losing so didn't playtoo much of a trap game.

The rangers use this strategy also so you might not wan tto watch that game... just kidden it will be fun to watch.

WE WON!! :hlogo:

WE WON and no doubt this is the crucial thing about this game.

You are right about Boston this year using the dreadfull trap but we use it too,....regardless Boston did spend much more time in our zone than we did in their own and created for themselves many good scoring opportunitys as a result of their better forechecking......had the finishing skills been a tad higher on that team ......things could have looked bad.

Unlike them we needed and got multiple PP opportunitys to get our scoring chances......but even then,

lets face it, I dont recall a game where we looked that poorly under such circumstances and the funny thing

is that I could say the same thing in regards with how our PK units looked in that game........even thought no scoring took place against us.

Anyway my impressions of the game was the opposite of what I thought it should have been under the circumstances........I fell on many occasion that the game looked like it was Boston who was playing for their

life in front of their fans,....I thought they did better both defensivelly and offensivelly and that Halak made the difference for us.......he even had an assist on Koivu first goal....as I said those two were the reason of our win.

Now I can only hope that it will be different against the Rangers......but if the CH play as well as they did the last time those two teams met (when they filled their net with 5 consecutive goals)......things should be alright.......a win would be just great.

the habs had a TON of good oppurtunities that they blew on the early powerplays. 2 posts and at least 2 easy open nets. Could've easily been 5-0 habs.

could've but wasn't. I hope one guy bought Halak and Koivu a cold one.

The Habs seem to adjust their game to the level of the opposition. Win or lose, they are (almost) always "in" the game, but we rarely see a blowout. Perhaps this is indicative of taking the opposition lightly, or one could argue that, in a long season, off-nights are going to happen and they just have theirs against lesser teams (whether this is a deliberate choice or not is open to question). I think this is true of many teams around the league, but especially the Habs.

It is getting embarassing to be a Habs fan after having watching them played this most extraordinary important game in New York.....if I was conscerned with their flat performance at the Bell against Boston

I could never have suspected that the worst was still to come......no game faces showed up for the big one in the Big Apple.......the very lowest point of our season....this team has serious problems.

Well the Rangers are a very good home team and play well with the lead, also thier ice is very slow.

These are not excuses but home ice advantage and the all important last change tend to be important things. Renny got Jagr/Nylander against Dandenault all night long and that ended up being the difference.

You are correct the habs did not play to win rather not to lose, Kostitsyn only got 11 minutes and it is tough for an offensive player to get involved in the game playing a limited role.

Well the Rangers are a very good home team and play well with the lead, also thier ice is very slow.

These are not excuses but home ice advantage and the all important last change tend to be important things. Renny got Jagr/Nylander against Dandenault all night long and that ended up being the difference.

You are correct the habs did not play to win rather not to lose, Kostitsyn only got 11 minutes and it is tough for an offensive player to get involved in the game playing a limited role.

If the players have their head at the wright place,....a game of that importance should pretty much take care of the home ice factor.....and the heads, are what I am mostly worrying about after watching that game.

I am not shure to which extent Carbo was calling back the lines from the ice to replace them with more appropriatly matched ones......nor am I to shure about how much of a distracting nuisance it is for a team to get anything going when playing this way,........but 11 minutes to Kostsitsyn is usually the price a team end up paying when playing that kind of game........the one thing that is for shure is that we where trailing by one goal with 57 minutes left to play.....only one strategy could have thereafter be relevant.........skate..skate...skate......forecheck.....hit.....shoot......clog the front of the net.......hit.....shoot.....and repeat....repeat....repeat-----there was no desperate urgency and

no concerted efforts towards that end......and in the end much too little shots on goal.....I doubt that this was the result of following a conterproductive strategy from the coach......there was simply it seems.. no leaders

and no soldiers.

Man, if 'last change' and home ice are all-determinant, then what the hell is going to happen on Saturday? A 12-0 blowout for the Leafs?

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

This is one of my darkest hours as a Habs fan. A loss on Saturday just might be the WORST.

whats up? I"ll tell you whats up or more appropriately.. who's up?

NO BODY!

everyone needs to wake up and play hockey like your lives depended on it!

Urgency, do or die! desperation hockey is now in order!

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

Last night i was kind of angry but it was not a game for us to grab.

Long passes were impossible to catch for wingers and Rags D did an effective job rushing the habs wingers before they can control the puck ans use their speed on the poor ice.

The first goal totally cut habs legs, they could have played more desperate, yes, but we had a game to lose somewhere and it was in New-York.

Well i'm not sure what game you guys were watching but that was another in a long list of no shows. They were outshot 15 to 2 to start the game. Dirty Harry, how could it have been 5-0 Habs? They were totally dominated all night in all 3 zones. They only scored as usual on a 5 on 3.

If anything, it will be easier to play in Toronto than in New York. Our guys have trouble getting motivated so atleast they will have a lively crowd present in Toronto to wake them up and keep them on their toes. I expect a CLASSIC on Saturday night. This will be the type of game shortcat tells his great-great-grandkids about.

Well i'm not sure what game you guys were watching but that was another in a long list of no shows. They were outshot 15 to 2 to start the game. Dirty Harry, how could it have been 5-0 Habs? They were totally dominated all night in all 3 zones. They only scored as usual on a 5 on 3.

Dude I posted that on wednesday