HABS vs. Bruins - Mar. 27/04

jl.roberts

Perreault - Koivu - Zednik  

Ryder - Ribeiro - Kovalev  

Bulis - Begin - Ward  

Juneau - Dowd - Sundstrom  

Great lines.

Why are there 3 centers on 4th?

I hope they win, I feel so much better when they are winning. I am always very optimistic after a win, but very pessimistic after a loss.  

Same here. I'm belligerent and cantankerous when the Habs lose.

Oh damn, Bruins scored...Samsanov.

How I hate this Thornton kid, such an asshole ... :puke:

He is always complaining that he is the target on the ice for bad actions against him. But when it isn't going his way he is going crazy every time, that's so ridicilous. :wall:

Hopefully Bégin won't have a serious injury, it would be really a loss for the HABS.

[Edited on 28-3-04 by habsfannr1]

Yes!!!

:ghg:

I love this team!

As for the stratergy for the rest of the season, I suggest we start resting our stars or more injury prone ones and hope nobody gets injured.

Give Garon some playing time.

And leave the lines alone.

Habs lose in OT... Ohh well, the Bruins getting the extra point only means we're more likely to face them in playoffs, which is good news... Cause we can take them, these punks dont scare me.

anyways, that's very good.. we clinch the playoffs.. and we give an extra pt to Boston

me too i'd like to play againts them in First round.. they don't scare me

is it possible they give the Calder to both Ryder and Raycroft?? argh.. Raycroft is going to win it

[Edited on 2004-3-28 by sakiqc]

I hate the bruins. Bunch of little divers/cheapasses. especially green. I am so frustrated over this loss, even though we did clinch. I will be happy if we win our next game.......who are we facing anyways?

Very dissapointing Our Offense has been a no show for the last 5 games. Worst time to start a losing streak going into the playoffs. Right now this team has looked like a team that will be swept in 4 games against any of the current 8 playoff teams. They gotta pick up their play and thats the coaches job he's gotta get these guys motivated. Our powerplay has been absoultly pathetic I can't stand to watch it anymore mine as well start declining the powerplays.

[Edited on 2004/3/28 by Habinator33]

Well that was a horrible half-assed attempt if I have ever seen one. Something really bad is going on here, but I don't know what. SOmething is missing. Now, correct me if I am wrong - please correct me b/c I hope I am not seeing things- but it really seems that our work ethic has gone down the tube. It seems that Ribs is beginnnig to act just like Kovy :nono: and I worried about it. Quintal had a good night I thought, but Ryder and KOvalev have no idea how to cover a man when the D is out of position at all!!! And Rivet had his thumb up his ass all night long. I can't say that we are tired, we had a good first period and it slowly went down the crapper, I mean we gave up a two goal lead!!!!!!! I am not impressed and I am beginning to have my doubts. I like Kovy just as much as he deserves, but without starting any bashing, b/c in no fu#$ing way should any habs fan start it, but I did a little stats research. In the past 8 games in which Kovy was in the lineup we had a record of 3-4-1-0 and in the preceeding 8 games to Kovy's arrival we had a record of 7-1-0-0. I am not saying in ANY WAY that this is all Kovy, but I think that maybe he is something that this teams really doesn't need. I mean is dispensable :o at least for this season IMO. I don't think he is going to add a win or two for us in the playoffs, but thats quite an unreasonable request to begin with. There is a problem and I don't know what it is, a spreading of slacker mentality or something else I don't know. I just know that those stats look horrible and it was real hard to try and keep my lunch down tonight. I just hope beyond hope that we can resign Kovy next year and then a difference can be made. Man I do hope I am wrong and Kovy does help b/c we desperately need it in order to gain some steam heading into the playoffs. JUst once again, if anyone out there is reading this and thinks I am bashing Kovy, please reconsider, I want him next year and no habs fan should ever bash him again!!!!!

I hope this made some sense to anyone out there, I have a tendacy to write and write and be so incoherent!!

:monkey: <== ME

:/)

It's nice to clinch a playoff spot but this wasn't a great game by the Habs tonight, way too many chances given for the Bs.

Now it is time to get it going in the last 3 games of the season and hopefully regain some momentum prior to the playoffs. I think it is important to go into the playoffs on a high note, although we lost 2 games down the stretch in 2002 and still came out strong so who knows.

:ghg:

No, the most important thing is to keep all the players healthy.

Theodore, Zednik, Perreault, Bulis, Koivu, Kovalev, Ribeiro, Ryder...

They must not get injured.

In order to see success in the playoffs, we need our best players to be healthy.

I agree that we need to rest our players and ensure that we are 100% healthy going into the playoffs, nothing would be worse then losing a key player right before the playoffs, I gasped when Begin got hit by Thornton from behind... Boy am I glad Begin is okay (though, he might be hiding the injury, who knows)

But, having momentum going into the playoffs is also important, nobody wants to go into the playoffs on a losing streak. But, we've got 3 games to turn it around.... NYI/PHI/BUF , lets just stay healthy and try to win them!

But... What will our playoff lines look like? I have no idea.

Hopefully we can go 2-1 then i think we would be fine going into the playoffs but Kovalev must have a breakout game before the playoffs otherwise i'm expecting him to be flat all playoffs. I think Win NYI and Buffalo and lose to Philly is possible. This team has to step it up come playoff time. If anything this 3 game losing streak shoudl atleast be a wakeup call to the entire team and the entire organization. Everyone from top to bottom has to step it up. The PK has been a bit better but the PP has been just awful and truthfully i think ti's been awful all season when we were ranked 7th i think that was just luck somehow. Our attack is terrible we never keep the puck in the only way we were ranked 7th were a lot of times we'd get a 5 seconds worth of attack and Souray would score or Ryder would get his rebound. But I can't remember the last time we put atleast a stretch of 40 seconds of good attack on the powerplay.

OKay, I had a debate tonight with some moron who hates the habs, well he's an LA fan is still pissed off about the 93 cup finals!!:lol: :king:

Anyway, the hit on Perreault ==> It was a knee on knee was it not??

I thought so and so did some other people , but he disagreed.

Any comments??

:eyes:

What I really didn't like was the scums after the whistle. We had nobody to take care of business. Green needed his face punched off.

Yeah, where was Langdon? They should of had him on 4th line as opposed to 4 centers.

If you don't want cheap shots that'll injure players before the playoffs, you have to have him out there.