Game Thread/Game 6 -Rochester @ Hamilton - 04/28/07

mathieu30

Good game for Price too with 25 saves / 27 shots

And it seems like he has some offensive upside as well. I did not see last night's game, but from wat I've seen before Price is a solid stickhandler.

He picked up an assist on the Chipchura goal. Did he pass that puck? Lammy?

Thanks,

go Dogs go!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!!

Andrei Kostitsyn hasn't even returned yet either. Maybe they'll sign Sergei (right Tony?) and both will make their 2007 AHL playoff debut in round 2. :D

They'll play the winner of Grand Rapids and Manitoba in round two.

For what it's worth, go Griffins go! :king:

Awesome!!!

Andrei Kostitsyn hasn't even returned yet either. Maybe they'll sign Sergei (right Tony?) and both will make their 2007 AHL playoff debut in round 2. :D

Not quite, Andrei played three games during their playoff run in 04-05.

well i GUESS that LAMMY really ENJOYED his game TONITE!!! (coz last time, he pissed off :P)

so happy with the win :D

Yeah! GREAT game !! :clap::D:clap: Glad the Bulldogs could pull this one off and end it at home. It would not have been good if the team had to go back to Rochester for a Game 7.

The Bulldogs will now play either the Manitoba Moose or the Grand Rapids Griffins in the next round. The Griffins are leading that series 3-2. Game 6 is tonight. I know a bunch of Bulldogs fans who will be following the scoring updates with great interest.

And it seems like he has some offensive upside as well. I did not see last night's game, but from wat I've seen before Price is a solid stickhandler.

He picked up an assist on the Chipchura goal. Did he pass that puck? Lammy?

Thanks,

go Dogs go!

Price is very, very good passing the puck. However, his assist leading to the goal was just dumb luck. Price shot the puck high off the glass to his left in the Bulldogs zone to clear it out.....the puck almost went over the glass into the seating, which would have been a penalty.....and the puck bounced off the glass right to Chipchura.

Can anyone be better than Halak with stickhanlinh outside of the net at 21 years old ?? Maybe Price at 21...

What i am enjoying the most is the awakening of O'byrne after is little burn out of energy at the half of the season.

More and more i see a fair chance for him next year on right side D.

Komo, O'byrne would be some kind of Monsters to go throught, if you dare to go on right side keep your head up man.

Can anyone be better than Halak with stickhanlinh outside of the net at 21 years old ?? Maybe Price at 21...

What i am enjoying the most is the awakening of O'byrne after is little burn out of energy at the half of the season.

More and more i see a fair chance for him next year on right side D.

Komo, O'byrne would be some kind of Monsters to go throught, if you dare to go on right side keep your head up man.

I have to agree. Even though O'Byrne is not a powerhouse offensive player, he does add a dimension of size and a little grit that could help the 2007/2008 Habs. Montreal has to bring these guys along at their pace or we could be in another Hainsey situation down the road losing guys for nothing.

I have a feeling Chipchura will make the jump as he is 67% faceoff wins right now. Montreal really needs this.

If Chipchura makes the team next year, I can guarantee it won't be because he's a good faceoff man.

I have to agree. Even though O'Byrne is not a powerhouse offensive player, he does add a dimension of size and a little grit that could help the 2007/2008 Habs. Montreal has to bring these guys along at their pace or we could be in another Hainsey situation down the road losing guys for nothing.

One of the positives of being in the predicament of having to lose talent at some point is the reality that your farm system is full to capacity with NHL calibre players. There are some positives that can be put on that. Yes it is unfortunate that some talent gets shunted aside - we'd love to see all of them make the grade, but sometimes you lose players as a result of that wealth. It is the price an organization sometimes has to pay for good scouting & excellent drafting. That doesn't mean you should be happy to lose a player for nothing, but it happens once in a while. I'd rather the Habs were in a position of strength(risking the loss of some talent as a result) than operating from the weak sister position. As for Hainsey - he hasn't had a long enough career yet to prove Gainey wrong? But let's not digress into that hopelessly unproductive debate once again on this forum..... :(:lol:

(a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bushes B) )

If Chipchura makes the team next year, I can guarantee it won't be because he's a good faceoff man.

Being a good faceoff man won't hurt his chances, but he'll be there for a lot more reasons than just that aspect of his game......

It's time for some new blood Bob!!!!!!!

Edited by beliveau1

Chipper, O'Byrne, Grabovski... they'll all come up in their own time, and it'll be because they are ready. That used to be the old Habs philosophy and it worked. It stopped working in the late 80's because the Habs had no talented youth, than because they had no talent at all and had to rush some kids.

Now the machine is well-oiled, everyone in the staff are on the same page so that's what it gives: churning out well-molded kids who arrive and mesh well with the other kids who might be one or two years ahead but went though the same system.

That's also what hurt Perezhogin so much when he missed an entire year because of hsi AHL suspension.

I dont think Chipper will be a regular in the NHL at the beginning of the season. He might be at the end of the season though like Lapierre, Kosty and Halak were at the end of this season. O'Byrne being a big D might mean a little more time though.

Yeah! GREAT game !! :clap::D:clap: Glad the Bulldogs could pull this one off and end it at home. It would not have been good if the team had to go back to Rochester for a Game 7.

The Bulldogs will now play either the Manitoba Moose or the Grand Rapids Griffins in the next round. The Griffins are leading that series 3-2. Game 6 is tonight. I know a bunch of Bulldogs fans who will be following the scoring updates with great interest.

1-0 Manitoba after 20 minutes.

Manitoba/Grand Rapids game #7 on Tuesday.

I am happy the series went to seven I hope the final game goes 3 or 4 overtimes and whomever wins is dead tired for the first few games against Hamilton.

Being a good faceoff man won't hurt his chances, but he'll be there for a lot more reasons than just that aspect of his game......

Which is exactly what I said, but sure.