Pronger slams the NHL, Canadian media

Speaking in detail for the first time since his trip to the press box for hitting Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom in the head, Pronger told L.A. radio station AM 570 he suspects the suspension happened because of media pressure.

"The league should make its own calls, not be pressured into anything by the media, and more to the point, the Canadian media," he told the station.

"I think inconsistency in the refereeing has been there all season, let alone in the playoffs. All you've got to do is look at our games against Detroit. You could bring in other series. The referees have been very inconsistent from series to series, from game to game and from team to team. As you witnessed, (Thursday) night was an absolute joke. But that's neither here nor there. It's over with. I just hope going forward we're going to be on a level playing field."

Pronger also told the L.A. Times that the hard check he delivered on Holmstrom with teammate Rob Niedermayer along the boards in Game 3 was a play "that happens a thousand times throughout the season." Niedermayer received a major boarding penalty and a game misconduct, and Pronger, who wasn't penalized on the play, was suspended for one game.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=208210&hubname=

wow, somebody has an attitude, his wife's view of the world must be rubbing off on him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I read that too. Chris "Mulder" Pronger. What a complete tool.

"I think inconsistency in the refereeing has been there all season, let alone in the playoffs. All you've got to do is look at our games against Detroit. You could bring in other series. The referees have been very inconsistent from series to series, from game to game and from team to team. As you witnessed, (Thursday) night was an absolute joke.
Well, I think he does have a point here. But he's got it backwards: he should've gotten a game misconduct on the spot. The Ducks are playing like a bunch of thugs and the refs are letting them get away with murder.

"Of course I'm going to hit him in the head," Pronger explained. "He's quite a bit shorter than me. It's just law of physics."
You wouldn't have hit him in the head if you'd kept your orangutan arms down, biatch. Edited by Doktor Kosmos

He is right though that play does happen a lot during the season and players are never suspended for it. If Holmstrom were to not have a cut and would have bounced right back up Rob never gets the penalty and Chris is never suspended.

Well that "if" is not what happened. He did slam Holmström's head into the glass.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

He is right though that play does happen a lot during the season and players are never suspended for it. If Holmstrom were to not have a cut and would have bounced right back up Rob never gets the penalty and Chris is never suspended.

Pretty much. I think other factors were also that Holmstrom had two goals so far and the Wings were up 4-0. Had it been a hit on someone like Kopecky in a close game and he didn't get injured, you'd be hearing a completely different story.

Not to go off-topic, but didn't Alfie lay out Tallinder with a dirty from-behind hit in the OTT-BUF series?

Pronger is becoming one of the leagues jokes. He should keep his mouth shut and play hockey. How can he complain when Holmstrom gets his head split open for 12 stitches. Pronger is a whiny punk...IMO He can stay home come Olympic time cause all he does is complain about canadian media, canadian fans...etc.

Probably because it was not seen at all, since NBC cut the game to do horse racing.

:rolleyes: LEARN TO READ! So many of your comments wouldn't be needed if you read what people wrote. As I've already said, this was in game 2!

:rolleyes: LEARN TO READ! So many of your comments wouldn't be needed if you read what people wrote. As I've already said, this was in game 2!

OWNED!!!

PTG IS A POST WHORE!

;)

Edited by JMMR

what's new? I've got to good at something in my life.

You do realize you just admitted to one of the few things HW looks down upon, right? Your posts have always made people think you were post padding, but now you've come right out and admitted it. Now that you've been outted, CUT IT OUT!.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?act=boardrules

You do realize you just admitted to one of the few things HW looks down upon, right? Your posts have always made people think you were post padding, but now you've come right out and admitted it. Now that you've been outted, CUT IT OUT!.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?act=boardrules

And as #2 on the all-time list, if PTG keeps on post-padding, he will pass me very soon! :unsure:

There better be an asterisk next to his name.

And now, to ensure that this post is not a post-padder, uh... Pronger is a very good hockey player. I think the hit was clean. A headshot, for sure, but no elbow and no intent to injure.

OWNED!!!

PTG IS A POST WHORE!

;)

Coming from the #1 poster of the day. <_<

;)

hmm talk about a dive, while the hit was bad, Pronger's was criminal. Pronger slammed a guys head into the boards, this was just a hip check. Big difference.

A hip check?! It looked more like a push/crosscheck to me. And I still don't think Pronger's hit was really all that bad. Sure, it probably warranted a five minute penalty, but a suspension is going a bit far in my books. Also, if you look at most of Stevens' big hits, a lot of them are pretty similar to Pronger's.

A hip check?! It looked more like a push/crosscheck to me. And I still don't think Pronger's hit was really all that bad. Sure, it probably warranted a five minute penalty, but a suspension is going a bit far in my books. Also, if you look at most of Stevens' big hits, a lot of them are pretty similar to Pronger's.

Pronger violently went for the head and slammed it violently into the boards. He was head hunting. Like dunking someone into the water in a pool. That's what Pronger did.

Like dunking someone into the water in a pool. That's what Pronger did.

lmao.. I played waterpolo for 3 years and getting your head dunked underwater is probably the best-case scenario. You have a higher chance of getting purposely sacked.

Pronger violently went for the head and slammed it violently into the boards. He was head hunting. Like dunking someone into the water in a pool. That's what Pronger did.

One could say the same about Alfie slamming Tallinder into the boards. And what about the Stevens hit on Francis? That was a pretty vicious hit, yet perfectly legal. Once again, had it not been a blowout game and Holmstrom didn't get injured, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

One could say the same about Alfie slamming Tallinder into the boards. And what about the Stevens hit on Francis? That was a pretty vicious hit, yet perfectly legal. Once again, had it not been a blowout game and Holmstrom didn't get injured, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

well duh, but Pronger has been a punk for years. So he had it coming to him.