Pronger slams the NHL, Canadian media

A hip check?! It looked more like a push/crosscheck to me. And I still don't think Pronger's hit was really all that bad. Sure, it probably warranted a five minute penalty, but a suspension is going a bit far in my books. Also, if you look at most of Stevens' big hits, a lot of them are pretty similar to Pronger's.

:clap: Absolutely. PTG must have on those special glasses he loves that makes him see what he wants to see. There was absolutely no hip at all involved on Alfredsson's hit. Used his hands and stick to drive Tallinder face first into the boards. It was much more blatant than Pronger, who was going in for a hit and had his arm up a bit. Darky is right, Pronger's hit was much like so many of Scott Stevens' hits: hits where he drove his shoulder and arm into a guy's head without going out of his way to do it.

well duh, but Pronger has been a punk for years. So he had it coming to him.

One wonders if PTG would feel the same way if Pronger hadn't dissed Canada...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap: Absolutely. PTG must have on those special glasses he loves that makes him see what he wants to see. There was absolutely no hip at all involved on Alfredsson's hit. Used his hands and stick to drive Tallinder face first into the boards. It was much more blatant than Pronger, who was going in for a hit and had his arm up a bit. Darky is right, Pronger's hit was much like so many of Scott Stevens' hits: hits where he drove his shoulder and arm into a guy's head without going out of his way to do it.

One wonders if PTG would feel the same way if Pronger hadn't dissed Canada...

Or if he had dissed the US...and didn't marry a St. Louis resident.

He's become super arrogant. He wasn't like this when he was with the Blues.

well duh, but Pronger has been a punk for years.

You do realize he's only been out of STL for 2 seasons... That means if he has been a punk for years, he was like that in STL.

I'm serious about this. In Saint Louis even though he was the captain MacInnis was the true leader on the team. MacInnis, Pronger and then came the heir Jackman. They didn't mouth off to the media and blame them for their problems. Pronger didn't show this at all here. I think it had a lot to do with MacInnis but he never went after a nations media or the NHL. The furthest he would go was to say we are playing bad and we need to get better.

Pronger did not intent to injure on that paly. He was in the heat of the moment. He shouldn't have pushed at his head. It doesn't even look like an elbow to me anyway. The contact with R. nieds made it worse. Holmstrom hit the partitian I think. Elbow or push it's irrelevant.

We're not talking about Claude Lemieux knocling Drapers teeth out along the boards. Ouch, right on the 90' angle corner of the boards. Curbed as it were. Chicklet mouthless Draper :angry:

It's not criminal. We get this every year, sometimes twice. The 1 game suspension is warrented. Pronger is one of the best D in the league. Let's all move on and be happy. :)

He never acted like this in Saint Louis. Probably because if he did MacInnis whipped him silly.

But this new emo Pronger developed in Edmonton.

Then that means he's only been a punk for one year, not many years. You truly are a post whore. You at least used to put some thought into your posts.

So PTG Pronger is a punk because he has an opinion ? Have you ever met him ? My buddy works for Quicksilver and meets alot of Hockey players. ( mostly because the company gives them a bunch of free crap ). He was mentioning to me that Pronger is a really nice and respectful person ( as are most hockey players ) . Don't only go by what the media spits out to you ... I figured you being the political person you are would realize that. I think if Pronger hadn't said the "Canadian" media and just said "media" you wouldn't be so negative about what he said, or this thread would exist.

So PTG, Pronger is a punk because he has an opinion ? Have you ever met him ? My buddy works for Quicksilver and meets a lot of Hockey players. ( mostly because the company gives them a bunch of free crap ). He was mentioning to me that Pronger is a really nice and respectful person ( as are most hockey players ) . Don't only go by what the media spits out to you ... I figured you being the political person you are would realize that. I think if Pronger hadn't said the "Canadian" media and just said "media" you wouldn't be so negative about what he said, or this thread would exist.

That's what I mean, this whole episode is unlike him. But ever since he went to Edmonton after being traded, he's played with a chip on his shoulder. He gets booed now here for example.

You truly are a post whore. You at least used to put some thought into your posts.

And you are a cyber bully.

Pierre the Great, there's an old hockey adage regarding players that certain fans dislike for what ever reason. Simply put, you nor anyone else here has the priviledge to take out Pronger's garbage on garbage day. :P

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

maybe Pronger has issues due to his funny name?

:?- He has a funny name?

what's that suppose to mean? I'm confused?

Pronger was one of my favourite players, I'm just dumbfounded that he's been acting this way. In all his years here he never acted like this.

Or maybe it's the fact that he feels the Canadian media targets him because he demanded a trade out of the country. To this day, a lot of people dislike Gretzky because they feel he turned his back on the country when he went to LA.

:?- He has a funny name?

Or maybe it's the fact that he feels the Canadian media targets him because he demanded a trade out of the country. To this day, a lot of people dislike Gretzky because they feel he turned his back on the country when he went to LA.

what do both Gretzky and Pronger have in common? They married Saint Louis girls. :nono:

Pronger got what the league needed to give him - a suspension for a dirty cheap shot.

The CHA claims it is clamping down on head shots and rightly so - I've spent a long time coaching & managing at several levels in the organization and say it is about time we eliminated this crap from the game. But then we have the NHL which continues to allow it to go on with minimal punishment, as well as players who have no remorse for their actions, or even worse any comprehension as to the potential damage such hits can have.

Shame on the NHL for there inaction and leniency for this garbage - how can we ever hope to eliminate it at the lowest level when the very heroes they emulate get away with it continuously? It should have been more than one game!

Edited by beliveau1

someone tell me How again did we lose this guy?

As much as Beauchemin is giving me a sour stomach on this, I'm not going to blame BOb. He had to make a decision. Beauchemin SUCKED for Montreal. When Columbus got him they told him the same thing that Anaheim did, "Kid, your career is in jeopardy. You are pathetically out of shape."

So he goes and gets into shape - but not in Montreal :(

Losing him still lingers

As much as Beauchemin is giving me a sour stomach on this, I'm not going to blame BOb. He had to make a decision. Beauchemin SUCKED for Montreal. When Columbus got him they told him the same thing that Anaheim did, "Kid, your career is in jeopardy. You are pathetically out of shape."

So he goes and gets into shape - but not in Montreal :(

Losing him still lingers

and howwww :( snifff

and howwww :( snifff

It's frustraing and one of those things fans have to live with sometimes. Each org has it's own depth chart. BOb looks at ours and this waiver sitution arises and...the rest is history. Orgs identify the weak link all the time. It wouldn't surprise me that the decision was made based on lack of work ethic. I watched him play in Hamilton and he looked impressive but he just didn't get serious enough, until now.