Cheer on Canada's Team!

les_glorieux

The Anaheim Ducks, the team with the most Canadian players in the NHL!

Ilya Bryzgalov - Tolyatti, U.S.S.R.

Jean-Sebastien - Giguere Montreal, Quebec

Richard Jackman - Toronto, Ontario

Sean O'Donnell - Ottawa, Ontario

Francois Beauchemin - Sorel, Quebec

Chris Pronger - Dryden, Ontario

Scott Niedermayer - Edmonton, Alberta

Joe DiPenta - Barrie, Ontario

Aaron Rome - Nesbitt, Manitoba

Kent Huskins - Almonte, Ontario

Teemu Selanne - Helsinki, Finland

Corey Perry - Peterborough, Ontario

Chris Kunitz - Regina, Saskatchewan

Ryan Getzlaf - Regina, Saskatchewan

George Parros - Washington, Pennsylvania

Dustin Penner - Winkler, Manitoba

Drew Miller - East Lansing, Michigan

Andy McDonald - Strathroy, Ontario

Todd Marchant - Buffalo, New York

Brad May - Toronto, Ontario

Samuel Pahlsson - Ånge, Sweden

Travis Moen - Stewart Valley, Saskatchewan

Ryan Shannon - Darien, Connecticut

Rob Niedermayer - Cassiar, British Columbia

Shawn Thornton - Oshawa, Ontario

Tim Brent - Cambridge, Ontario

Edited by les_glorieux

The Anaheim Ducks, the team with the most Finnish players still in the playoffs! Ilya Bryzgalov - Tolyatti, U.S.S.R. Jean-Sebastien Giguere - Montreal, Quebec Richard Jackman - Toronto, Ontario Sean O'Donnell - Ottawa, Ontario Francois Beauchemin - Sorel, Quebec Chris Pronger - Dryden, Ontario Scott Niedermayer - Edmonton, Alberta Joe DiPenta - Barrie, Ontario Aaron Rome - Nesbitt, Manitoba Kent Huskins - Almonte, Ontario Teemu Selanne - Helsinki, Finland Corey Perry - Peterborough, Ontario Chris Kunitz - Regina, Saskatchewan Ryan Getzlaf - Regina, Saskatchewan George Parros - Washington, Pennsylvania Dustin Penner - Winkler, Manitoba Drew Miller - East Lansing, Michigan Andy McDonald - Strathroy, Ontario Todd Marchant - Buffalo, New York Brad May - Toronto, Ontario Samuel Pahlsson - Ånge, Sweden Travis Moen - Stewart Valley, Saskatchewan Ryan Shannon - Darien, Connecticut Rob Niedermayer - Cassiar, British Columbia Shawn Thornton - Oshawa, Ontario Tim Brent - Cambridge, Ontario

Why doesn't my editing work? *cries*

thats a great subject for CBC.

I'm ever so sick of that arguement...most canadians !!! who cares??!!

I don't cheer for a team because they have the most quebecois players or because they're from canada or they have the most canadian-born players. I cheer for a team based on the style of hockey they play and on the players who play there.

I don't cheer for a team because they have the most quebecois players or because they're from canada or they have the most canadian-born players. I cheer for a team based on the style of hockey they play and on the players who play there.

I posted this in response to the argument that one should cheer for Ottawa because they're a "Canadian" team.

Edited by les_glorieux

Yeah, same here pretty much. Although having a couple Finns on the team doesn't hurt either. :P

I'm rooting for the Duck's since the head coach is a local boy....who also played for the Sudbury Wolves! And one of Randy's assistants is another former Wolves player Dave Farrish.

That's a ridiculous statement

really?

He's already a PR of the US by marrying an American girl. His kids are all americans, there fore he'll probably take the oath of american citizenship within the next few years if he hasn't already. He doesn't live in Canada at all anymore. He's an immigrant in America, he's not coming back.

JLP is still canadian because basically Japanese law is no foreigners allowed. The greatest baseball player in Japanese history Sadaharu Oh isn't Japanese even though he was born in Japan and grew up in Japan. His father was chinese while his mother was japanese and he doesn't even speak mandarin.

I believe Yzerman is an American citizen.

JLP is still canadian because basically Japanese law is no foreigners allowed. The greatest baseball player in Japanese history Sadaharu Oh isn't Japanese even though he was born in Japan and grew up in Japan. His father was chinese while his mother was japanese and he doesn't even speak mandarin.

I believe Yzerman is an American citizen.

I'm not talking about whether someone is legally considered a resident of said country, but instead applying your reasoning to people other than Chris Pronger.

Chris Pronger will play for Canada at the Olympics. If he weren't Canadian he wouldn't be allowed to play for them. You can't just pick a cuontry and go play for them.

Chris Pronger will play for Canada at the Olympics. If he weren't Canadian he wouldn't be allowed to play for them. You can't just pick a cuontry and go play for them.

Actually you sometimes can. *points at Brett Hull* But I believe that once you play for a country internationally, you can never play for a different one.

But back on topic, GO DUCKS GO! B)

Hmmm Brett Hull ring a bell, but you were in pre school when he made his decision to play for the US. :P

Actually you sometimes can. *points at Brett Hull* But I believe that once you play for a country internationally, you can never play for a different one.

But back on topic, GO DUCKS GO! B)

Yup that's the internation rules. Which was funny because the BQ didn't think that through last time they had an election and proposed a Quebec Olympic team. :lol: