canadian bond and credit

MAK

here's the story:

I,ve recieved an automatic phone call saying that I should call back the above. at first I decided to ignore the calls but since they came in daily, I say : what the heck, might as well call them.

I talk to this dude saying I owed them 1000$, from td canada trust(I have a TD visa, which is fine).

first of all: let's say I 've never recieved any statement saying I owed a thou to anybody. nor have I ever recieved any letters saying that I was sent to a recollection agency.

the guy asked me how I would pay. a bit shocked I say I could pay lie a 100$/month until 1000$. then he said we'll call even if you pay 600$ at TD trust by may 31st...wierd, no !!??

then I asked the dude to give any proofs: there he gets really aggressive giving me my SIN and such...then he said taht only few can have my S.I.N....well thats no proof that I owe money, its just a proof that this not-so-nice-amymore derson has my SIN.

later He went on to say that I was to go to a TD trust Bank, pay the said 600$ and then they'd fax me a receipt !!!

I think that someone's trying to get money from me:

1- never recieved a letter saying I owe money somewhere.

2-never did he tell me who did I owe money to

3-pay now and we fax money later

4-person on the phone became really aggressive and arrogant when I asked details. like he tried to hide something

5- why would they settle for 600$ if I pay now, instead of the 1000$ over small payments ???

6- why would he fax me a receit, shouldn't I get one on hand when I pay ??

need your opinion.

how do we say "fraudeur" in english ??? cuz this is it man.

we say jean chretien !!!

it looks like it, don't it ??

Banks are greedy and try to get all the money they can get, no way would a bank settle for a "pay now" settlement.

I concur with everyone else, let the cops know. If this is fraud (which it really sounds like) I highly doubt you're the only one to get a call.

yup this is very fishy. I only do bank transactions or anything bank related in person at the bank. If someone is calling me with stuff like this I assume its fraudelant and will not respond back but, I will go to the bank to make sure and if they say everything is fine, then HELLO FBI/RCMP and nail the idiots asses.

Don't give them any more information and don't confirm anything they ask you, call your bank and the cops, give them the name and number of and all information about this person/company that called you. Be careful!