Next Game Lineup? Thoughts?

jl.roberts

So whadda ya do? Do you keep things the same? Does Perreault go in? Sundstrom?

Right now we have these guys scratched :

Dykhuis

Komi

Sunny

Perreault

Dackell

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Komi in over Quintal, but I feel as the series drags on Q could be a huge plus or a huge minus... I'm hoping he's a plus.

Up front obviously line 1 stays together. Line 2 is decent enough, and with Dags shot I personally have changed my mind and say he stays. If we want some energy, just have CJ throw Begin or Ward up onto Ribs' wing. Ryder's getting the shots and eventually they'll go in.

Sundstrom is interesting, because he's a very good player, but do we want him in there? Is he tough enough? He's gone all the way with the Rangers before, but who do you take out?

I like Langdon in the lineup because even if he's not playing much he sets those bastards straight. I could see him or Juneau leaving for Sunny or Perreault.

Perreault's faceoffs are valuable and needed but I don't really see much use for him besides that...

It's a tough call, any thoughts on it?

Perreault's faceoffs are valuable and needed but I don't really see much use for him besides that...  

Are you kidding? We need him on our Powerplay. It isn't as if Dagenais has been that great. A few back handers, big deal.

The commentator has mentioned multiple times how badly the Habs need Perreault in there.

He can still score and he has shown that this season.

It was way too close in that final minute. The Bruins were killing the Habs in the faceoffs.

I'm the #1 fan of Francis Bouillon, but imo he didn't had a really good game. Maybe rest him next game for Komo?

Thornton is -2 tonight and does NOTHING! Great. But is it because of Juneau? Habs' Joe played less than 10 minutes... Bruins' Joe over 20!! Surely not because of Juneau. Useless Juneau or useless faceoff-man ? i'd go with the useless faceoff man.

Also, like Kovalev, Yanic can come out of nowhere and scores 2.

Did Kovalev had a great game or had 2 good shots? Imagine if Kovalev misses the net on his 2nd shot.. with zednik alone on the left side.. would of been a really sad ending. Hopefully he notched it and we're still in!

Next game lines?

IN Komisarek

OUT Bouillon or Quintal

IN Perreault

OUT Juneau

But, coaches like to keep a winning lineup. But Julien likes to put the players awake.. we'll see !

:ghg:

Alot depends on the health status of our players, if everyone is healthy I'm leaning towards using the same lineup....

How about the Bruins? Nylander is out with the flu (its really a concussion) , and Thornton has a rib/wrist (one of the 2) injury that he's been nursing awhile... Thats their top-2 centres.

Remember though that Begin is a bit injured, and with Ribeiro's Oscar-nominated performance in the end (I'm not saying I disagree wholeheartedly with it ;) ), we'll need Langdon in to set Lapointe straight after he hammers Ribeiro a few times.

Begin might not make next game, which would be really bad, as we need his hitting prowess. Langdon will be essential for next game, if we have indeed woken the bears from hibernation.

Keep Langdon, bring in Komi for a game, see what he can do, and don't let Ribeiro get too big for his boots

Begin is more than a bit injured... he left the game in the last minutes, and now I'm hearing he left the Bell Center in crutches.

Begin goes to crush a Boston player at their blueline in the last few minutes... and the player (one of their D men I think) just throws himself on the ice to duck the hit.

Begin's body hits nothing but air, but his legs hit the player cowardly laying on the ice and he goes flying... it looked like his knee.

Falling flat on the ice to escape a hit is just so gutless and cheap as it often injures the player coming in... it really pisses me off.

If Begin is out it really hurts us... we'll have to go with 3 lines basically.

Langdon, Juneau, & Perreault should not play regularly but dress.

Any word on Sundstrom and his ankle?

[Edited on 12-4-04 by Habs77]

Falling flat on the ice to escape a hit is just so gutless and cheap as it often injures the player coming in... it really pisses me off.  

I can't remember to have see that before. The Bruins defender was in control of the puck and really threw himself on the ice when he saw Begin coming. That dman was really scary or what? lol

I hope again it's nothing serious to Begin

lol, a big bad bruins falling to the ice to prevent himself from being hit .. nothing will surprise me anymore

I wan't to see Komisarek. If Quintal are going to retire why don't give the playoff experience to Komisarek?

And why are Joey Juneau out there?

I would like to see:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perreault - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Dowd - Sundström

Dagenais - Begin - Ward

Rivet

Markov

Souray

Brisebois

Quintal

Komisarek

If Bégin is out, I can see Dackell back in the lineup ... because it seems that Sundström will sit out a bit longer then anyone thought.

Perhaps Perreault would be also a better fit than Dagenais on the 2nd line, but Dags hasn't played that bad so far in this series.

I think Julien will keep his lines, he'll only change if Bégin will be out for a longer time. ;)

How is ducking, bad?

Taking the hit when you could avoid it would just be plain stupid.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

How is ducking, bad?

Taking the hit when you could avoid it would just be plain stupid.

You've obviously never played contact hockey... if you want to avoid a hit, avoid the player by staying on your feet.

But falling to the ice as the guy is coming to hit you is dangerous because you end up flipping the other guy, usually taking out his knee in the process.

It's a very cheap play.

In my league when someone did that, the incoming player would try to land knees first on the player laying on the ice... and believe me after one knee to the head you got the message that next time you just take the hit.

I gotta say the Boston player dove to the ice long before Begin got there, he could have avoided it but decided to try and finish the hit anyway.

Perhaps try to land on the guy with his knees like I said, but miss your shot and you're the one you gets hurt.

If Begin is out for tomorrow night, or plays and can't be effective like he's been, we have a problem because he seems to be the only forward who is causing some damage by his hitting (Nylander, for e.g). IMO, it's absolutely critical to have 2 guys fill that role, because psychologically, the Thorntons, Gonchars, Murrays, Bergerons, are kept off their game a bit, exactly the way Lapointe and Green were doing to us in Boston. BTW, I didn't notice those 2 running around as much as they did in Boston. I wonder why? Gutless pukes!!!

Anyway, Julien does have a problem if Begin can't play. Assuming he can't, I would bring Komisarek in. Yes, to play up front!!! If you think about it, this kid will always think defense first, plus, tell him to cause traffic in front of Raycroft and to hit every chance he gets, it's not such a bad idea. If Begin can play, sit Qunital and bring in Komisarek regardless.

Leave the rest alone, EXCEPT, please don't come out to play like we did in the 3rd. That was like a Jekyl and Hyde impersonation. I couldn't believe I was watching the same habs team in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I know they were trying to protect the lead, but come on, can't they see playing the way they did in the 2nd was a better way of protecting a lead? What happened? We got lucky getting the win. Oh, BTW, someone please tell Theodore that Raycroft's the rookie, not him, so please show some damn confidence out there for Christ's sake!!!!!

You've obviously never played contact hockey... if you want to avoid a hit, avoid the player by staying on your feet.  

You're right. I was too damn quick and talented to get hit.

If Begin did that to Nylander, you wouldn't be complaining.

Ya bring up perrault again. He doesnt deserve to be scratched, and he also has playoff experience. but to do so, you'd have to take someone out, and i dont like the idea of langdon getting taken out, who's going to protect themselves and their fellow players against boston? THEIR AVERAGE HEIGHT ON THE TEAM IS LIKE 7 FEET!!! so, all in all, a tough question.

Perreault IN

Juneau OUT

The Hunchback of Montreal deserves to ride the bench. He has never helped out the team throughout the whole year. Screw playoff experience, what good is it when you can't perform on the ice? I saw him make two noticeable plays in game 3. One was on a nicely setup offensive set, and he had the puck and tried to split the D and go to the net, but instead was held up and never made it 4 feet from the blueline. The other play was he was in the corner and got completely shoved to the ice. He is no help to this team, and Perreault has much value as a setup man and a faceoff winner.

Komi IN

Bouillion OUT

Bouillion may play bigger than his 5 foot 8 frame, but let's face it, Komi is much bigger and much stronger. A playoff game would be good for him as well, as he would come out with a lot of intensity and energy (I got to see him at U of M...wow!). Frankly, I think Quintal will come out with a better night, as I am sure CJ has told him he needs to attack Thornton. He is a physical presence near our own net who we could use.

Sundstrom IN

Begin OUT

Thanks to injury, it seems that Begin could be a scratch. I would rather see us not risk an injury, and put Sunny in. He can be an effective grinder and is good along the corners.

------------------------------

One thing I would like to see is that in the event of a larger lead (3 goals?), I would love to see Langdon out there roughing it up!

:ghg::ghg: